New ford focus

This is a discussion on New ford focus within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my wife wants the new focus anyone have one I do think they look pretty sweet...

New ford focus

So my wife wants the new focus anyone have one I do think they look pretty sweet
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2002_wagon View Post
    So my wife wants the new focus anyone have one I do think they look pretty sweet
    ^Yeah, has anyone driven that car? I saw it once, it looks smaller than the mazda 3 HB. BUT definitely a looker
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

I Support ClubWRX
    Should be real similar to the 3, they are built on a shared platform.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Was looking into these before I found a 2011 WRX to purchase. The handling was definitely good...European solid since it's based on the European models. Only thing is just 160 hp at 6500 rpm and 146 torque. The Focus ST might be a different story when it becomes available over here. Also, the Ford can get pretty pricey if you add all the bells and whistles...My Ford Touch, nav, winter pkg, moonroof, etc. a lot of added options. I was even trying to find an SE 5 speed with the sport package for under 20k, but more of those are getting the auto added to make just another base compact car.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd love to have one as a commuter...potentially 40mpg in a nice looking package.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I was reading a magazine article with the new ST model review in it... didn't look too bad... I think a step in the right direction for sure.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

I haven't driven the new one but my friend has an 08. I really like that car, it's very peppy and nicely built and quite nimble. the MPG is also pretty great, I think it'd be a good car.

I do valet so I get to drive them on the daily and I like them a lot. But I would go with the new Ford fiesta over the focus even tho they have almost identical MPG and body styling and the focus is bigger I just like the size and looks a little bit more of the fiesta. Ford has come a long way and have stepped their game up big time. Green is the fiesta and white is the focus.

P.S. Pictures are of rental cars not personal vehicles.

Sent from tapatalk.
    Last edited by Hoofhearted; 09-01-2011 at 04:39 AM.
    2011 Base WRX

Love the new Focus! If it was RWD or AWD, it would have easily been a contender for my next car. 40mpg!

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm actually going to backpedal a bit on the Focus, having finally driven one as a rental. Maybe I got a dud, but the fun factor in this car was nearly zero. It was an adequate commuter, but failed to endear itself to me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

if only it was AWD, id order one
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

I have seen some driving around town and I really don't like how they look. I think a turbocharged Buick would be more fun then the fiesta/focus.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I like the exterior, it does look nice, if they had the ST here already I would have taken a look. However I did see the interior, and the dash is just too funky for me, not sure what the ST looks like inside.
    2011 WRX Limited - WR Blue Pearl