Beat any nice cars? - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 227

This is a discussion on Beat any nice cars? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Trainrex Unless you have some serious mods, he wasn't racing. Even the 6cyl would have whooped you. ...

  1. #121
    Registered User Allroy1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SLC , UT
    Posts
    69
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Unless you have some serious mods, he wasn't racing. Even the 6cyl would have whooped you.
    That might be true. There are a lot of people that race their car and don’t know what they are doing (and I know there is more I can learn). The car had RS badges on the back so I can assume that it a V6. My car is not heavily modded, I have a turbo back, clutch and flywheel, intake, and just did a stage 1 AP.

    Fair or Good race or not it got the heart pumping and put a smile on my face.
    02 Bugeye
    98 Taco SAS RockRig *Just Sold*

    People in America can sleep safely tonight…Because the US Army is on point.
    Wanna-be in the Bugeye Mafia but cant get a #

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #122
    zax
    zax is offline
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,448
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Allroy1967 View Post
    My car is not heavily modded, I have a turbo back, clutch and flywheel, intake, and just did a stage 1 AP.
    Ummm, why did you flash a stage 1 map on a car with a turboback exhaust?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  4. #123
    Registered User Allroy1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SLC , UT
    Posts
    69
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Sorry but the only thing a stock bugeye can walk away from is a Prius. A Camaro SS would smash your bugeye even from a standstill if the driver knew WTF he was doing...


    Oh, and I forsee you on the technical forums in a few weeks crying about a shredded transmission.
    I didnt mean to make it sound like it was a SS. Just that it had SS strips it was a RS
    02 Bugeye
    98 Taco SAS RockRig *Just Sold*

    People in America can sleep safely tonight…Because the US Army is on point.
    Wanna-be in the Bugeye Mafia but cant get a #

  5. #124
    Registered User Allroy1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SLC , UT
    Posts
    69
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Ummm, why did you flash a stage 1 map on a car with a turboback exhaust?
    I am not sure why.
    I dint do it myself I am new to playing with Subaru's and that’s what was suggested to me to do.
    I was told that the AP only had the stage 1 maps.
    02 Bugeye
    98 Taco SAS RockRig *Just Sold*

    People in America can sleep safely tonight…Because the US Army is on point.
    Wanna-be in the Bugeye Mafia but cant get a #

  6. #125
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Allroy1967 View Post
    I am not sure why.
    I dint do it myself I am new to playing with Subaru's and that’s what was suggested to me to do.
    I was told that the AP only had the stage 1 maps.
    Stage 2 is the proper map for your mods. You'll be happy you did it

    Edit: the AP has stage 2 OTS maps
    Last edited by jd92677; 04-15-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

  7. #126
    Registered User Allroy1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SLC , UT
    Posts
    69
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Stage 2 is the proper map for your mods. You'll be happy you did it
    After my last experience with this shop I am looking for another. I have always turned my own wrenches and always will, it’s the programming part that has been unsettling for me. I don’t want to jeopardize my car because I made the wrong key strokes.
    02 Bugeye
    98 Taco SAS RockRig *Just Sold*

    People in America can sleep safely tonight…Because the US Army is on point.
    Wanna-be in the Bugeye Mafia but cant get a #

  8. #127
    Registered User WillieRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    302
    I have a recent experience. This was around 8,000 feet altitude late into the night.

    Im arriving at a stop light (red at the time), so i naturally I am slowing down and braking. Just as I am around 15 mph and in second gear, the light turns green and suddenly a brand spanking new Acura TSX (or TL, couldnt tell was pretty darn dark, either way it was the performance sub-model) does the fly-by on me. I'm instantly thinking "Oh hell no, thats a challenge!", and i just floor it, while around 1,700 rpms and still in 2nd gear. This guy got a good 2.5-3.5 car lengths ahead of me due to his "surprise attack". However, as the boost built up and the torque is pumping to the wheels, I began to see a satisfying pull on him. Every second passing by i was inching closer and closer to him. Before i realized it, I had closed the gap to where I was at his rear left corner (was in other lane). Of course traffic ahead slowed us down and i backed off (Had alot of open road ahead at the time). But got to say, what was going through his mind as my headlights were getting bigger and bigger in his mirrors.

    Now, i know many people here beat the acuras. But he had almost every initial advantage in this one: Significant head start, I was in 2nd gear in low rpms, I was not in boost, I had quite a bit of extra weight on top of normal capacity, im running an OTS tune not truely meant for high altitude. And yet, still pulled on him.

    Kind of wished i talked to him and discuss the event (whether i win or lose a race, im a very good sport about it), but he turned off the road. I would have liked to offer him a rematch at the local track.

    Anyways, thats my most recent experience.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

  9. #128
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    But got to say, what was going through his mind as my headlights were getting bigger and bigger in his mirrors.
    Probably......

    "Holy **** I'm friggen late. If I don't get home my wife is going to kill me"

    Or

    "Jesus friggen Christ I'm late again and these friggen cars are in the way. Ooooh there's an open lane! Oh jeez the kid in the blue car just got sand in his vag because I timed the light well and passed him. Leave me alone kid."

  10. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Akron Oh
    Posts
    664
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Thanks That's the best video I think I've ever seen. Stupid crazy and dangerous but wow that's fun.

    .
    not as crazy but nice-
    http://youtu.be/M5qkwA_6f5A

  11. #130
    Registered User WillieRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Probably......

    "Holy **** I'm friggen late. If I don't get home my wife is going to kill me"

    Or

    "Jesus friggen Christ I'm late again and these friggen cars are in the way. Ooooh there's an open lane! Oh jeez the kid in the blue car just got sand in his vag because I timed the light well and passed him. Leave me alone kid."
    Normally, you probably would be right. However, he floored it when the light turned green (I was passing him at cruising speed a bit before the light, he was at my RR quarter panel when the light turned green). And the "event" was hitting excessive velocities. The roads were sparcely populated (there was at least 3/4 mile of empty road in front of us at the time).

    So, while I was initially passing him, we were both going around the speed limit. If he was late for something, why wasnt he haulling a** earlier? Why did he decide right then to all of a sudden that he needed to go fast? It was quite apparent that he intended to show off to the "kid with sand in his vag" (im 23, college grad and working professional, that remark wasn't necessary).

    I don't instigate races, and frankly, I dont support or promote street racing, especially when there are other un-involved cars in the area. So, ill freely admit what we did isnt the best of decisions, as I always try to promote the "Take it to the Track" slogan. In no way, shape or form did I provoke him that I could think of. Like most people, I was going home after a long week at work.
    Last edited by WillieRX; 04-18-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

  12. #131
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,044
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think TR's making reference to the fact that your idea of what happened probably bears no resemblance to the other fellow's. It's something that gets learned over time...

    one day you're the guy giving it WOT to dramatically pass by someone, celebrating your awesomeness and having no doubt that the other fellow is embarrassed and in awe of you...

    the next you find yourself giving it a little gas in traffic because normally "a little gas" would do what was needed to secure your place in a queue, and to your surprise some guy comes flying around you out of nowhere. You start to curse his name...and then you remember yesterday.

    The bottom line is that a good number of these "victories by traffic fly-by" are unconfirmable and uncertain. You have no idea what was actually going on in the other guy's head..whether he was giving it gas, or even aware of you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  13. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The bottom line is that a good number of these "victories by traffic fly-by" are unconfirmable and uncertain. You have no idea what was actually going on in the other guy's head..whether he was giving it gas, or even aware of you.
    I disagree. You can usually tell if someone is having a go at you especially once you get to 15-20 mph above the speedlimit... Not that I EVER do that.

  14. #133
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I think TR's making reference to the fact that your idea of what happened probably bears no resemblance to the other fellow's. It's something that gets learned over time...

    one day you're the guy giving it WOT to dramatically pass by someone, celebrating your awesomeness and having no doubt that the other fellow is embarrassed and in awe of you...

    the next you find yourself giving it a little gas in traffic because normally "a little gas" would do what was needed to secure your place in a queue, and to your surprise some guy comes flying around you out of nowhere. You start to curse his name...and then you remember yesterday.

    The bottom line is that a good number of these "victories by traffic fly-by" are unconfirmable and uncertain. You have no idea what was actually going on in the other guy's head..whether he was giving it gas, or even aware of you.
    Bingo!

    I regularly do what your "opponent" did.

    I commute 80+ miles every day on very congested roads. I view every other car as a potential obstacle/roadblock. Unfortunately North Jersey roads are dog eat dog. Every car has the potential to make you 5 more minutes late. If I was in the situation you were in, I would have simply cruised next to you seeing the red light up ahead. I would have timed the light so I didn't have to brake, and I would have would up all 90hp in the TDI when it turned green. Not to race you, or compare **** size. Just to get in front of you and not let you slow down and block me. I'm just trying to get past you and get home/to work, not race. My gut tells me this is what you encountered.

  15. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Bingo!

    Not to race you, or compare **** size.
    but mines bigger...

  16. #135
    Registered User WillieRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO Mountains
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    I disagree. You can usually tell if someone is having a go at you especially once you get to 15-20 mph above the speedlimit...
    Marioshi conveyed almost exactly what i was trying to describe. It was 9 or 10 pm at night. On a sparcely populated country highway. Im cruising home and initially pass the Acura on the left lane, NO other vehicles nearby. I was passing him around 60 mph at the time, and he was going 55 mph, so no out of the ordinary road manners at the time. I see red light ahead, I begin to brake. Light turns green, i put the car in 2nd and begin to accellerate, all of a sudden i hear the acura's engine/exhaust under heavy load and guns it. Keep in mind im still in the left lane, him in the right and there are still NO vehicles for at least 3/4 miles. So, I believe it was a show-off or challenge, proving my point even more when this event took around 15 seconds and excessive speeds were attained.

    I also guess it didnt occur to me mention that he pulled off the road a little later after the event, then pulled back onto the road and tried to follow me. When he first pulled off, i was thinking, "Oh, hes turning off to go home" And i lost all interest, then he started to follow me, well we were in a town now with traffic and i had no interest in trying that again, especially with all the bars lining the road. Several cars got between us and i assumed he lost interest after i didnt display any signs of interest myself.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •