Beat any nice cars? - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat any nice cars? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 YouTube - Audi RS4 vs BMW M5 on highway HO-LY CRAP! thats ridiculous (btw that rs4 ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    HO-LY CRAP! thats ridiculous (btw that rs4 seemed to be destroying the m5 anytime there was a straight opening)
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User newkidontheblock's Avatar
    I beat my sister in her prius in a race to not hit a pole with the side of my car
    Hawk-eye alliance #4261992

Quote Originally Posted by newkidontheblock View Post
    I beat my sister in her prius in a race to not hit a pole with the side of my car
    You, sir, win forever.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Banned
    I beat some kinda sports bike (I have no idea what kind, not really my thing). It was raining, so I had a serious advantage there. Took off from a light up to about 70 and I was a nose ahead of him. VDC light flashing like crazy As I was turning off he kept revving his engine at me for a rematch. Sore loser I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    I beat some kinda sports bike (I have no idea what kind, not really my thing). It was raining, so I had a serious advantage there. Took off from a light up to about 70 and I was a nose ahead of him. VDC light flashing like crazy As I was turning off he kept revving his engine at me for a rematch. Sore loser I guess.
    dude, i think i ran into the same guy. did he look like this?

Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Merging onto interstate behind a 2001? Transam, Shining Red, fancy wheels, personalized plates. He was accelerating fast but not wide open. I pulled into passing lane with my '09 WRX Wagon, Cobb, SPT exh. Noticed a puff of smoke from his duals, by this time I was in 3rd. For a split second we were dead even, then as the turbo spooled up, I began pulling away and by this time passing a car, the Pontiac pulled around to pass but abruptly pulled back into the slow lane and shut down, exited freeway. I really thought it would be a tight race. It was not even close. Is there that much difference between acceleration of the WRX and a beefy V8 Pony Car????

I Support ClubWRX
    If it "wasn't even close", then he wasn't in the gas..assuming an LS1 T/A in good condition.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I beat a Ferrari,but I doubt he was even trying.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    He never even twisted the throttle

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I'm surprised that you've never started another merge destination....The Big "YOU ONLY THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE IN A RACE" Thread...
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    If it "wasn't even close", then he wasn't in the gas..assuming an LS1 T/A in good condition.
    Heh, finding a 4th Gen F-Body in any sort of "Good" condition is a rare find. I used to be all into the 4th gen camaros and trans ams back when i had my '96 Z28
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    Heh, finding a 4th Gen F-Body in any sort of "Good" condition is a rare find. I used to be all into the 4th gen camaros and trans ams back when i had my '96 Z28
    By "good condition" I meant "engine running well".
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I wasnt pulling away crazy fast, just pulling ahead. I have owned LT1 Camaros when new, and they were pretty fast. But seat of the pants tells me driving a wrx is somewhat like riding a large chain saw....

Quote Originally Posted by lorencherylp View Post
    Merging onto interstate behind a 2001? Transam, Shining Red, fancy wheels, personalized plates. He was accelerating fast but not wide open. I pulled into passing lane with my '09 WRX Wagon, Cobb, SPT exh. Noticed a puff of smoke from his duals, by this time I was in 3rd. For a split second we were dead even, then as the turbo spooled up, I began pulling away and by this time passing a car, the Pontiac pulled around to pass but abruptly pulled back into the slow lane and shut down, exited freeway. I really thought it would be a tight race. It was not even close. Is there that much difference between acceleration of the WRX and a beefy V8 Pony Car????

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    What makes you think that? Any why would he be revving his engine at me afterward? Did I mention it was raining?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lorencherylp View Post
    I wasnt pulling away crazy fast, just pulling ahead. I have owned LT1 Camaros when new, and they were pretty fast. But seat of the pants tells me driving a wrx is somewhat like riding a large chain saw....
    I dont think its unrealistic. 2001 trans am has 325 hp and weight over 3400 lbs. I am assuming when you say you have cobb you mean a stage one tune which means you probably have close to 290hp?

Sounds about even to me, but considering you saw smoke come from his exhaust I would say he wasnt running 100% effecient.