Beat any nice cars? - Page 15
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat any nice cars? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Marioshi And I didnt even have to sink my WRX! Dont be jealous and please keep your ...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Marioshi View Post
    And I didnt even have to sink my WRX! Dont be jealous and please keep your semen-y hugs away...
    lolwut?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kjaanbutt View Post
    I make more money then anyone I know 6 figures yet I drive a beat up 1996 Jeep. Not because I can't afford a new car I just like the Jeep and it's paid for and the thought of having a $500 plus car payment on something that in 10 years isn't gonna be worth the metal it's made of really bothers me. I have friends that drive BMWs and Mercedes and they appear to have money on the outside but when you actually talk to them they don't have anything because most of their money pays for the car. They say the cars help them get girls but obviously the girls who are after the guys with nice cars are after guys with money, but like I said everyone I know with a real nice car doesn't have any money so the whole thing goes out the window. Is this a common phenomenon or do I just hang out with retards?
    You make $8K+ a month and your worried about a $500 a month car payment? Why not just save up for 6 months and just pay cash for a brand new car? Granted a car isn't a good investment, but if you work your ass off to get the kind of job that allows you to make that much why not enjoy your money? I can see if your not a car enthusiasts and driving isn't important to you, but why not have something to show for it?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually, I see a great deal of wisdom in that quote. (where ever it came from)
    It's never received well when it's said here...but $100,000/yr isn't the money that people think it is. A wise man in that bracket will be actively investing some of that monthly, will have purchased a home, and his tax hit is likely to be different from someone who is making $30,000/yr. (The state of NC considers you wealthy at that level) If you have a family to provide for, all bets are off. Start up the vacuum cleaner.

You certainly won't have $8K/month of expendable income.
    I make a decent income, and have been saving/investing steadily for over 20 years. A presentable nest egg, though I'm hardly a millionaire. Yet I will continue to be dubious about committing to another $500 outlay every month. I suppose I'm a miser.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I make a decent income, and have been saving/investing steadily for over 20 years. A presentable nest egg, though I'm hardly a millionaire. Yet I will continue to be dubious about committing to another $500 outlay every month. I suppose I'm a miser.
    I'm with you Ray, save and invest and live within your means. I may not have a ton of toys, but I have a small house, a car I love to drive, and most importantly, I'm 33, and by 50 I'm hoping to be retired and enjoy my money then, which is really why I work as hard as I do.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I'm with you Ray, save and invest and live within your means. I may not have a ton of toys, but I have a small house, a car I love to drive, and most importantly, I'm 33, and by 50 I'm hoping to be retired and enjoy my money then, which is really why I work as hard as I do.
    Make it happen, my friend. My goal is to make work fun...in other words, have enough put aside to where I can work the job I want to, even if it doesn't pay top dollar. If I get laid off, what the hey, I'll take a month or two to chill and find something new and interesting.
    Of course, I can't begin to do this 'til I have the rugrats out of my house.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

I mean, if you want, you can donate to the poor married college kid foundation. You can just make the check out to me. k thanks.

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, with respect, I did my time as a starving engineering student...you can do yours.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Nice to see a thread stay on point.
    "when the turbo spools, it's like you're in a time machine"

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Korn Dawg View Post
    I mean, if you want, you can donate to the poor married college kid foundation. You can just make the check out to me. k thanks.
    Shouldn't have gotten married...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Shouldn't have gotten married...
    +1. First mistake there.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

raped a vette, guy thuoght he was the **** and kept revving at me and i boost launched at a green light, i can do that cuz i have a racing clutch,. beat a 350z with a turbo, spanked a few camaros, mustangs, a built up camaro

beat a vett from the early 2000's. did not see that one comming.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    ^^^ What did they post? Is that two actual responses to the original question posed? Somebody, help me ... it can't be real.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

yep, we're back on track.

I always come across various high end cars. There's a Porsche dealer down the street from my work so here and there I'll get someone to bit or they will try playing with me. Most are usually pretty cool. Then there's no S model Audi I've lost to yet besides an RS4 when I was still on my Td04. Then of course M3's I'll put a bus length or so on. Haven't come across a new M3 yet though.