2011 wrx limited stage 1 + AEM vs 07 sti limited stage ?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx limited stage 1 + AEM vs 07 sti limited stage ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my 2011 wrx vs an 07 sti with seems to be alot of work done to it. We run into ...

2011 wrx limited stage 1 + AEM vs 07 sti limited stage ?

my 2011 wrx vs an 07 sti with seems to be alot of work done to it. We run into each other on the highway and we slow down to 40 MPH and we do 3 honks.... we are dead even then we hit about 95 and i start pulling away. At this point im very shocked because my new wrx with 1500 miles on it and stage 1 with an intake just took a sti with quite a bit more work done to it. his car sounded reallly nice and looked sick loved the purple rims with the wing less limited trunk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.The joy of doing 95 mph with other people around you who could get killed along with you.Must feel great.Congratulations.

Enjoy

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/...tacular-crash/
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 03-09-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome.The joy of doing 95 mph with other people around you who could get killed along with you.Must feel great.Congratulations.

[/video]
    Wow - you jumped on that awfully fast! I get all the reasons and agree - but there is a chance that the OP just so happened to be in a location where there were none of the limiting factors. Of course, it could've been rush hour too, and then I'm in agreement with you.

To the OP - the 2011 is a more powerful car out of the box then the older WRX's were, so a stage 1 should hold its own in this match up.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I'm not the idiot whos going to do 95 in rush hour ..... This was done at about 3 or 4 in the morning and we were the only ones on the road I was comin home from working 3rd shift and at that time the road has maybe 2 other cars on it if that

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    To the OP - the 2011 is a more powerful car out of the box then the older WRX's were, so a stage 1 should hold its own in this match up.
    Versus an STI though? They haven't changed power-wise and if modified, should be faster than the '11 WRX.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post

Enjoy

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/03/...tacular-crash/
    I'm guessing the Evo won.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I agree with jd, the sti should of been faster up top. My friends 2010 held pretty well against a stage 2 08 sti until they got past 3rd gear. Then the sti started reeling him in and really started walking away in 4th. Maybe something was up with the 07.

I Support ClubWRX
    meh.. who cares? Go to the track. That's pride right there... finding out how fast your car actually is.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I still don't get why we have this section if all people do is bash the original poster. Shut it down for good if it's going to be this lame.

Banned
    personally buddy k well i know and i think everyone else knows that the new 2011 wrx's Stock are supposed to beat a 2008 Sti in a 1/4 mile..(not by much but still took it) This is from a dig though. The Accesport only puts something like 20 more hp in the car and a bit more torque. which leaves me thinking at a 40mph roll the thing is the Wrx's have the less shifting 5 speed (obviously) with a bit more tuned gear ratio compared to the Sti's 6 speed the Wrx can hit 0-60 a little quicker depending on the driver because the Wrx can hit 100 kph (im canadian ) in second gear where the Sti has to get into third. My thoughts but still shocked you beat him. Good Job!

Because I am fairly new to all of this, what exactly does the Stage 1 consist of? Is there somewhere you can see the different stages and what they consist of?

I Support ClubWRX
    Different manufacturers had their own stage systems for some time, but generally things have fallen out to:

Stage 1: A stock engine with an ECU tune, either off-the-shelf or by a professional. A catback still falls in this category, since WRX/STI's don't get a big hp increase from them.
    Stage 2: A turboback exhaust system is added, with an uppipe if it's an early USDM WRX. The principle part here is the aftermarket downpipe, which restricts the engine less than the OEM part.

Beyond that, things get a little rocky. Generally people refer to a "Stage 4" car as one that has had a turbo swap, with the supporting modifications that go with it. (Fuel injectors and pump, bigger intercooler, ECU tune...)
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.