So What Happened?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on So What Happened? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is not meant to be a complaint ... I guess ... but I'm wondering why this section of the ...

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar

Exclamation So What Happened?

This is not meant to be a complaint ... I guess ... but I'm wondering why this section of the forum has become a bit of a dead spot. Looking back at the first posts in this thread (160+ pages ago) this thread was filled with stories of people's exploits on the roads and beyond with their cars. Though occasionally the stories were too far off into the "dangerous" category, the majority were of the sort that we all run into on the roads - you know, someone wants to see what we have and when the opportunity is there (clear open roads, etc) we drop the pedal and go. Unless I'm the only "crazy" driver who does that ...

The stories were good to read and often entertainingly written. BUT ... it seems that as of late those tales have disappeared. Often when a story pops up there is someone to admonish the readers that street racing is dangerous and that innocents can suffer - both true and important points that I agree with. But I have no doubt that we all still have some good stories that are happening to us presently, and I for one would love to hear about them.

Again - I don't care to read about the race you had where you swerved in and out of traffic or ran through a neighborhood, but it's nice to hear how our cars stack up in the real world. Even a good tale of an exhilarating drive on a twisty road is fun to read.

If those stories are not meant to be on this thread, so be it, but I am curious what the rest of you think about my comments.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Totally pulled on a minivan in a school zone this morning in the freezing rain...I mean

Actually, I do have one. Last week when it was high 40's low 50's, I opened up the sunroof and slung the car through some curves. I will say it's just as satisfying as going flat out on a desserted straightaway. Even driving home from the dealership the first night was a blast. There's this nice hilly, winding road that I usually take to head north. On the way up to the dealer I would be braking and slow to about 45/50 MPH. On the way back in the new Subie, it was a little higher and there were many grins. This car has made me appreciate and long for the twisties.
    Last edited by djclue8713; 02-28-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Storytime

I Support ClubWRX
    I had an exciting drive to work this morning in my TDI. I entered the on ramp for the highway by my house. I accelerated hard, then braked hard and eased it into the hard right hand turn. I waited for the car to grip and layed onto the throttle hard. I accelerated to about 75mph hard while swinging wide out of the curve, and then had to panic stop for the cars in front of me. I then drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I then drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I then drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I then drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped.

I then reached my work and parked the car.

-The end

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool story.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yup. cool story bro.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's 100% true too

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I had an exciting drive to work this morning in my TDI. I entered the on ramp for the highway by my house. I accelerated hard, then braked hard and eased it into the hard right hand turn. I waited for the car to grip and layed onto the throttle hard. I accelerated to about 75mph hard while swinging wide out of the curve, and then had to panic stop for the cars in front of me. I then drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I then drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I then drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I then drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. I drove for about 10 feet then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped. Then accelerated to 5mph, then stopped. Then rolled for 5 feet, then stopped. I then drove for another 15 feet, then stopped.

I then reached my work and parked the car.

-The end
    Quoted for truth, this is what ignites the passion for most WRX drivers. Anyway to get this quote under my user name in its entirety?
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

had to put a 1990 accord sedan in its place the other day lol.

awesome story. i really liked the part where you rolled for 5 feet then stopped.

Cool ... thanks for sharing your input on the changes to the thread.

Seriously though - is that the problem? All of us are to stuck in commuter traffic to have any fun?

I'm just trying to figure out why this part of the forums has changed so dramatically. Anyone?
    - Chris

Registered User deerkiller42002's Avatar
    because every time someone posts something the same ten people, out of a website of thousands, complain!!

There's a reason they complain and apparently, it worked!

imagine if we could get our government to work so well? :0

bragging about a street victory is one thing.. but remember folks everything you write in digital format on the web stays on the web... anyone can find it, including the authorities. Private forum or not, if you hurt someone they can come out and find all kinds of data stacked against you.

A little play on a deserted road in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night.. sure go have fun, but be careful what you put in writing
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I did notice - as was just mentioned by deerkiller42002 that there seemed to be a quick reprimand that took place for people's stories, but can it in anyway impact the website and its creators/members? If a member posted a story that was related to an accident and the authorities connected it can anyone get in trouble beyond the poster? I guess an argument could be made - far fetched but anything can happen in court - that the site in some way promotes it by allowing the stories to be shared. Is that the fear? God knows our society is so very afraid of the lawsuit, and that fear impacts choices in every arena - some for good and some more in the WTF vein. If not, then it really should simply be up to the individual members to decide whether to post or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    ... but be careful what you put in writing
    Thanks for the good point. This makes sense and is one of the reasons I keep my web profile very low.

Still, there are plenty of tales to tell that involve nothing that should lead to legal entanglements - or so I would hope.
    - Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    Quoted for truth, this is what ignites the passion for most WRX drivers. Anyway to get this quote under my user name in its entirety?
    Hyperlink?
    So What Happened?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    awesome story. i really liked the part where you rolled for 5 feet then stopped.
    I prefer the part where he rolled 15 feet and stopped
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast