Subaru WRX Forum banner

So What Happened?

7K views 79 replies 23 participants last post by  Heide264 
#1 ·
This is not meant to be a complaint ... I guess ... but I'm wondering why this section of the forum has become a bit of a dead spot. Looking back at the first posts in this thread (160+ pages ago) this thread was filled with stories of people's exploits on the roads and beyond with their cars. Though occasionally the stories were too far off into the "dangerous" category, the majority were of the sort that we all run into on the roads - you know, someone wants to see what we have and when the opportunity is there (clear open roads, etc) we drop the pedal and go. Unless I'm the only "crazy" driver who does that ... :confused:

The stories were good to read and often entertainingly written. BUT ... it seems that as of late those tales have disappeared. Often when a story pops up there is someone to admonish the readers that street racing is dangerous and that innocents can suffer - both true and important points that I agree with. But I have no doubt that we all still have some good stories that are happening to us presently, and I for one would love to hear about them.

Again - I don't care to read about the race you had where you swerved in and out of traffic or ran through a neighborhood, but it's nice to hear how our cars stack up in the real world. Even a good tale of an exhilarating drive on a twisty road is fun to read.

If those stories are not meant to be on this thread, so be it, but I am curious what the rest of you think about my comments. :thumbup:

See less See more
#60 ·
Another thing I like to do, since I don't have a horn, I like to downshift and go WOT for a second to open up my wastegate right next to someone with their window down...I didn't realize how loud it was until I raced my buddies Z06 (at the track) and he had his windows down and was in the lane to the right of me...he said I gave him hearing issues. lol

#61 ·
^^^ It's true - I love hitting 55/60 from a light on 4-laners when I'm in the right lane. More often than not the car in the left lane will come roaring up from behind and then zip by. There has to be a moment where they are thinking "Nice ... I'm catching up ... now I've got 'em ... now I'm blowing him away ........ oh. He stopped at the limit." I can smell the disappointment through their exhaust. ;)

#64 ·
Moderators are enforcers...And that isn't a kill story.

#63 ·
People like to ask about what my car can do...I honestly don't know so I like to tell them it gets me to work and back lol.

#70 ·
You're having trouble grasping what the masses are telling you. This is an old forum that has just about outlived itself.

The only reason you would post a kill story is for positive attention and to brag. It used to go over well, and the masses would praise the OP for his conquests. Now times are changing. The masses aren't accepting the street racing anymore and most feel it is stupid and dangerous. You are more than welcome to post a story, just don't be surprised when people aren't impressed with stupid actions. Perhaps people don't find it as cool as you think?

#72 ·
i call bs on 145mph. at least they got out ok. if your interested in reading kill stories. ls2gto.com has a very active "kill" section. obviously if your interested in hearing about gto's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.