08 WRX stock vs 09 Civic Si
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08 WRX stock vs 09 Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A buddy of mine just got his Civic Si coupe and he wanted to see what his new car would ...

08 WRX stock vs 09 Civic Si

A buddy of mine just got his Civic Si coupe and he wanted to see what his new car would do against my 08 rex. Both cars completely stock except he has the factory exhaust upgrade. Drag raced him twice both times ate his civic alive. After the races he came up to me and was like

I think I talked him into gettin a subie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subie over Honda all day just keep the roads safe
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

The new civic Si is a joke. My 09 fusion was quicker than those things (and it was slow).

I had a new Si... they weren't THAT bad, as long as you drive 'em like you stole 'em. Keep the revs up and it's kind of fun to drive.
    s e t h
    "If you're going to live on the cutting edge, you'd better be prepared to bleed a little."
    Stink-Eye Mob #73, Hawkeye Alliance #667

The lack of torque is what is ridiculous. C'mon, an average family sedan quicker than this 'sport' civic? That's sad.

I Support ClubWRX
    The new SI traps somewhere around 95mph in the quarter. Pretty similar to what the 2.0 WRX's did from the factory. It would be interesting to compare the fit and finish of the Civic to the newer Impreza's...I can make a guess...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

It was nice to ride around in. I honestly liked the seats and stereo way better than what comes on the stock 08 WRX. But when it came down to power there was no competition. Not hating on Honda though, they do make a good reliable car.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    The new SI traps somewhere around 95mph in the quarter. Pretty similar to what the 2.0 WRX's did from the factory. It would be interesting to compare the fit and finish of the Civic to the newer Impreza's...I can make a guess...
    while I know its not an SI, my wifeys 2010 honda civic LX (we paid a little over 16k) has about 8k miles on it. we bought it new, and I have yet to hear a rattle or squeak from it. My 2010 WRX (we paid just under 30k) has rattling and squeaking like crazy from DAY 1!

go figure
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I had a civic si before my wrx. It seriously got so boring i had to get rid of it. The lack of torque is a joke. The shifter did feel nice though.

I had an '06 Civic SI two cars ago. It was fun but at the time, limited to what could be done to it. So I got bored. A lot of my friends have this generation SI and compared to my WRX it feels like its crawling even when the driver stomps on the gas. But they are amazing little sporty commuters though and I do miss the retarded fuel saving that they get. Thats about it.

VW GTI > Civic Si.

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gumper View Post
    The lack of torque is what is ridiculous. C'mon, an average family sedan quicker than this 'sport' civic? That's sad.

how is your WRX an "average" family sedan?

last time i checked the "average" family sedan is FWD and non turbo charged....
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

I didn't say WRX, I was using a V6 Fusion as an example which = average family sedan.

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    ah. my bad.

still though...i dont know many other average family sedans that can clip low 14's (high 13's with bolt-ons).
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

...wut? The Si isn't an 'average' family sedan anyway. It's the supposedly "sport" Civic that is the same class as the VW GTI (which is better in every sense unless you talk to a fanboi honda guy). Let's see... Cobalt SS, CSRT4, Mazdaspeed 3, and that's just the small cars.

I hate Civics mainly because of the people who drive them. If you're car is slow, admit it's slow, don't race around like an idiot coming up with excuses to why you lost to that grand prix GT at the last light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast