08 WRX stock vs 09 Civic Si - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 08 WRX stock vs 09 Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; by all means i hate hondas with a passion (and the ***s that swear by them) ....i just dont agree ...

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    by all means i hate hondas with a passion (and the ***s that swear by them) ....i just dont agree that they are as slow as some subi guys make them out to be.
    definetly slower than a subi....but a 1/2 second slower and 3-4 mph less isnt that far off....
    dont understand how the 2008+ SI's, RSX-S cars are "turds"?
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1/2 sec = 0.5, correct? Well, the SI runs 15.0 stock (if all goes well), so that means a WRX runs 14.5? Back in 2008 maybe. 15.0 is not fast by any means, at least not by modern (last 10 years) standards. I don't think those POS Si'ssies run low 14s with bolt-ons.

The honda civic Si has never been fast in stock form in US released versions. 15s in stock form is not 'fast', but rather 'tolerable' unless you're in your 50s with the beginning stages of arthritis. Half a second in 1320 ft is a huge margin as well. That's like saying the Cobalt SS (14.0) is just a little bit slower than the STI (13.5).

My old grand prix comp G would walk on civic si's pretty easy....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

So why would anyone buy an Si? You can get better cars for the same price. Honda owners are a strange breed.

I like the extra econobox ooomph, honda reliability, and the great MPG's they provide all together make it a good package for someone who wants an economy car that is quick enough to keep up with traffic and will last for 100K+ miles without a lot of $ being invested...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by gumper View Post
    1/2 sec = 0.5, correct? Well, the SI runs 15.0 stock (if all goes well), so that means a WRX runs 14.5? Back in 2008 maybe. 15.0 is not fast by any means, at least not by modern (last 10 years) standards. I don't think those POS Si'ssies run low 14s with bolt-ons.

The honda civic Si has never been fast in stock form in US released versions. 15s in stock form is not 'fast', but rather 'tolerable' unless you're in your 50s with the beginning stages of arthritis. Half a second in 1320 ft is a huge margin as well. That's like saying the Cobalt SS (14.0) is just a little bit slower than the STI (13.5).

you might wanna check those number again bud....witnessed myself a bone stock civic SI clip a 14.4@94 at the CA sppedway
    even got to witness another one with full bolt-ons (the usual mods intake, exhaust, tune) clip a 13.9@102 on drag radials....
    and yea....there are some kids who dont know how to drive (which are typically the ones buying these type of cars) and you'll see a 15-16 second run.
    however a properly driven K-powered honda can be decently quick.

Quote Originally Posted by gumper View Post
    So why would anyone buy an Si? You can get better cars for the same price. Honda owners are a strange breed.

meh....who cares? ...as long as they're buying Hondas....they arent out buying real cars like STI's,vettes and evos!

The new version Si, bone stock, 14.4? I don't think so.

a simple google search will pull up numerous youtube videos of SI's clipping low to mid 14's....
    ...and they've been doing it for 2-3 years now ...are you just realizing this now? jeez.....and i thought i lived under a rock.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveliterbeater View Post
    a simple google search will pull up numerous youtube videos of SI's clipping low to mid 14's....
    ...and they've been doing it for 2-3 years now ...are you just realizing this now? jeez.....and i thought i lived under a rock.....
    Some folks are more into the subjective driving experience, and less into the numbers..safe to say that I fall into that category. Let's not make this stuff personal, or the thread will wind up locked.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

fair enough. : )

An employee of mine has an 08 or 09 civic Si with a CT supercharger, that thing is really fun to drive and the blower sounds pretty cool too. It's not SUPER fast by any means but it's definitely quick.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12