vs. PT Cruiser Turbo??? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on vs. PT Cruiser Turbo??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I suddenly feel like listening to some ZZ Top for some reason after seeing that photo....

I suddenly feel like listening to some ZZ Top for some reason after seeing that photo.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    He took an arguably practical and versatile vehicle and made it quicker. Not so different than what many of us have done with our WRX's, and, as said, it's not like we're driving cars that were styled by Pininfarina.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by nuke72 View Post
    I bought the car new in '04. Long before I even knew my buddy with the WRX. Had considered getting a SRT-4 at the time, but this PT was loaded (Two-tone leather, chrome pedals, Sirus satellite,6-disc changer, sunroof, etc). When i saw it had the turbo I knew i could do all the mods to it and my insurance would be 1/2 the cost. Doesn't hurt that i can fit a 50+" flat screen TV in it or a 6ft long table and close the trunk either. plus the sleeper effect is so much fun!!!
    I can completely respect what you've done with this car. It's not about whether we like it or not. It's very clear that YOU like your car and that's what's important. If you were claiming 0-60 in 4.5 seconds or something ridiculous I'd have to laugh at you, but I can see that you're very realistic with your goals for the car.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Thanks for the props! Mines lowered 2". Without lowering springs and wider tires the PT's can look dorky especailly the base versions. Yeah i like WRX's. My friend has done alot to his '06. The AWD makes for some killer 1/4 mile times. He's running mid 13's at 101-102 with boost at 20lbs on his with 1.8 60ft's. I run about 17lbs and run low 14's at 99, but with 2.2-2.3 60ft times. But his has STI turbo and intercooler, ECU tuning software (not sure who makes it i'll have to ask), intake, exhaust, and some other goodies. When he runs his at 17 lbs we run nearly identical times.

I could probably be in the 13's with some drag radials and a better 60ft but I have to launch at like 900 rpm, to keep from spinning,( which casue the auto to double shift 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    If you were claiming 0-60 in 4.5 seconds or something ridiculous I'd have to laugh at you...
    Thanks. I have done mid 5 sec 0-60's on my G-Tech before, but with FWD its hard to do.

Thanks for the props! Mines lowered 2". Without lowering springs and wider tires the PT's can look dorky especailly the base versions. Yeah i like WRX's. My friend has done alot to his '06. The AWD makes for some killer 1/4 mile times. He's running mid 13's at 101-102 with boost at 20lbs on his with 1.8 60ft's. I run about 17lbs and run low 14's at 99, but with 2.2-2.3 60ft times. But his has STI turbo and intercooler, ECU tuning software (not sure who makes it i'll have to ask), intake, exhaust, and some other goodies. When he runs his at 17 lbs we run nearly identical times.

I could probably be in the 13's with some drag radials and a better 60ft but I have to launch at like 900 rpm, to keep from spinning,( which casue the auto to double shift 2nd)

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I have a buddy who had a 450whp neon then a 420whp cobalt, I remember him going nuts after he ran slicks on the neon. I bet it makes a world of difference.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

haha me too! Those are the most ridiculous looking turbo vehicle ever!

the pt gts are quick, actually drove one the other day, really surprised me.
    "when the turbo spools, it's like you're in a time machine"

My mom has a PT Turbo, it's a powerful little car. It handles about like a small SUV, but if you're on the highway or just accelerating quickly from a stop it's a pretty fun car to drive. That being said, having driven it a number of times I'm fairly certain it couldn't touch my WRX from a stop or on the highway. It takes about 6.5 maybe 7 seconds to hit 60 and the top end feels about as strong my old V6 Tiburon (so reasonably strong, but nothing special.)

But hey, for my 54 year mother it's a great car!

WRX would get the better power with AWD...even you should have try to be a "poser friend" with an auto WRX.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mckenzie500 View Post
    WRX would get the better power with AWD...even you should have try to be a "poser friend" with an auto WRX.
    LOL, Que?

ESL?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234