vs. PT Cruiser Turbo??? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on vs. PT Cruiser Turbo??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

--Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I'm going to start snapping pictures of women in Scion TCs...if they ask me what I'm doing I'll just smile and say, "Research."
    I figured you did this anyway.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I figured you did this anyway.
    That's only through your bedroom window that I've been snapping photos recently.

BTW...all the TCs that I've driven by in the past two days have been driven by dudes.

I Support ClubWRX
    How do you like my "<3 James" tattoo?.... And the location? ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

But, why?

Banned
    My dad had a brief stint in a convertible PT cruiser. It wasnt a bad car. One of the few convertibles comfortable for 4 people.

He sold it when he decided he wanted his manhood back and bought a Durango.

Anything you can do to a SRT-4 you can do to a PT Cruiser Turbo. I have a 04PT turbo w/ Stage1, Stage 2 WGA, MBC at 17lbs, DP, Exhaust, K&N, plug and wires and run low 14's (14.1@ 99) on street tires (have to launch at <1000 rpms to avoid spinning). Mines the 4-spd automatic too. From a roll a can run nearly neck and neck with my buddy's modded 06 WRX with STI turbo/intercooler, till a little over 100. He may be on this forum i'll have to see he will vouch that my car is quick.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    You joined just to tell us how your PT cruiser almost beat a Subaru from a roll?

Welcome to the forum.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

My buddy has a modded WRX and we talk cars alot. His car is very quick. When he runs the same boost levels as i do we run very similar track times. Just thought i could clear up any questions about what can be done to a PT. They are great sleeper cars... I usualy get thumbs up for the way mine looks and runs. I love pissing off mustang and camaro owners who don't expect me to run with them or beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkyle3 View Post
    It's also funny to see them because they are butt ugly!
    Butt ugly? As if the WRX (especially the older models before '08) ever won any beauty contests...

Personally, I thought the PT Cruiser had a nice retro-40s look to it. '40s cars were perhaps not the best looking cars ever made, but they had style to them, which is more than I can say for the vast majority of today's cars. Heck, even a new Beetle has more character than a Ford Focus....not necessarily a good character, but at least it stands out.

Too many cars look too darn similar today. That new Lexus commercial with the giant photo-copy machine and the RX300 has me laughing because it talks dirt about innovation yet their vehicles look so similar to others it's not even funny. 2001-03 reminds me of the Jeep Grand Cherokee in the front grill. The 2nd generation RX300 around 2003 looks awfully similar to the Forester in the back and by 2006-09 it's starting to embrace a more Mazda look in the back. Meanwhile, the Mazda CX-7, especially in regards to their sudden embrace of an AWD turbo wagon seemed awfully similar to the WRX wagon of the period in a few respects and now worst of all, the 2010+ Lexus RX300 looks so close to the 2008+ WRX Wagon hatchback rear-end, it's almost scary (and kind of like the 1st Gen CX-7 in the front). At a glance, I have to look twice to see which car it actually is from behind and that's the one they have the nerve to claim 'innovation' on (must not be talking about the appearance). OTOH, I thought Subaru definitely took some Mazda style cues themselves for the 2008 year (and honestly that was a good thing since I always thought Mazdas were good looking vehicles until the more recent "smiley" cars which are just so utterly awful looking I couldn't even consider one; they and Mitsubishi with the Eclipse need to admit they made a mistake and change the style now.

Then again, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. I think the new '11 WRX sedan is pretty sweet looking but I've seen many call it ugly (most people at work never even heard of a WRX and it still got a lot of 'that's bad-ass' looks. I get people waving at me on the road now (and I don't mean Subaru owners). Nobody ever waved at my '04 white wagon WRX, although I did get a few 'birds' flipped at me when my ugly wagon blew by various vehicles (namely an Eclipse GTS comes to mind) at a stop-light just before the double-lanes merged
    Last edited by MagnumXL; 05-13-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

Quote Originally Posted by nuke72 View Post
    My buddy has a modded WRX and we talk cars alot. His car is very quick. When he runs the same boost levels as i do we run very similar track times. Just thought i could clear up any questions about what can be done to a PT. They are great sleeper cars... I usualy get thumbs up for the way mine looks and runs. I love pissing off mustang and camaro owners who don't expect me to run with them or beat them.
    No offense, it might be somewhat fast (I'm sure only in a straight line, they have the center of gravity of a double-decker bus), but in the end you're driving a PT Cruiser. What possessed you to buy it in the first place and why didn't your "friend" with the WRX do a better job of talking you out of it? There are a variety of other cars you could have picked and gotten better overall results for the same price or cheaper.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I have mine modded so it looks a bit sportier

I bought the car new in '04. Long before I even knew my buddy with the WRX. Had considered getting a SRT-4 at the time, but this PT was loaded (Two-tone leather, chrome pedals, Sirus satellite,6-disc changer, sunroof, etc). When i saw it had the turbo I knew i could do all the mods to it and my insurance would be 1/2 the cost. Doesn't hurt that i can fit a 50+" flat screen TV in it or a 6ft long table and close the trunk either. plus the sleeper effect is so much fun!!!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Looks pretty good.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.