'11 WRX '11GTI '11 GenCoupe
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on '11 WRX '11GTI '11 GenCoupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; IM GOING TO GET ONE. thinking im set on the REX but anyones opinion would help. Thanks...

'11 WRX '11GTI '11 GenCoupe

IM GOING TO GET ONE. thinking im set on the REX but anyones opinion would help. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilson09 View Post
    IM GOING TO GET ONE. thinking im set on the REX but anyones opinion would help. Thanks
    AWD > RWD > FWD

DI > FI

Turbocharged FTW! (unless you are referring to the 3.8 Genesis Coupe)
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I've got a friend that has a '10 gencoupe w the 2.0. It's actually kind of disappointing how not fast it is. Overall it's a nice car and all, but there's a reason I bought a WRX. As for the GTI, personally I think VW took a big step backwards when they made the MK-VI.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

having driven all three cars in 2010 before i bought my '10 wrx, i think i made the right choice in "overall" vehicle. dont waste your time with the gensis unless you are planning on forking over for the 3.8 with the performance track package.

all three cars are good cars, but the fit/finish of the WRX is still behind the other 2, especially the GTI.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I thought about the GC, but decided I liked AWD > RWD.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

you want fast and great handling? get the wrx
    GTI = FWD, unless you just absolutely love euro cars
    genesis = bad performance out of the box, heard with some tuning you get great returns. Looks nice tho

the only gripe i have about the wrx is the interior quality. It's okay, but there are some parts that just feels mega-cheap... for example, the headliner / roof feels like it's made out of egg cartons. Other than that, everythign else in the interior is good enough for me.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i drove the 2.0T genesis and it was terrible. no power, cheap interior, etc.

i love the 2011 GTi. my brother had one (stage 2, short shifter, lowered) it handled beautifully. had a nice, quiet ride. very comfortable interior, great power delivery.

2011 wrx looks nice, but almost everybody has complained about the rattles it has. (not that i expected anything different though :P )

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Those were the same 3 cars I was considering.

Gen Coupe - i dove the 3.8 and was not impressed with the power. Everything felt a bit numb and disconnected. The interior build quality was good, but certainly not impressive.

GTI - FWD is its biggest downfall. Even still it handles very well. If you are on the fence about having a manual, check out the DSG in the GTI. It's fantastic. Build quality is very nice, inside and out. Slick looking car.

WRX - Best performer of the bunch. The interior is a bit cheap, but it's certainly livable. I guess I'm a bit biased toward the Rex, as I've got one on order
    2011 WRX Premium 5dr SWP
    Stink Eye Mob #27

I test drove 1 2011 wrx sedan and there hasn't been any rattles. Also, i factory ordered a 2011 wrx sedan and the only time it has some sort of rattle sound is when i start the car and supposely this function "i forgot what it's called" is engaging. I've read the topics on the weird rattles in the trunk but I haven't experienced it myself. Perhaps it is with the hatchbacks or maybe subi took notice and fixed those problems already. BTW, I got my wrx in early december.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i drove the 2.0T genesis and it was terrible. no power, cheap interior, etc.

i love the 2011 GTi. my brother had one (stage 2, short shifter, lowered) it handled beautifully. had a nice, quiet ride. very comfortable interior, great power delivery.

2011 wrx looks nice, but almost everybody has complained about the rattles it has. (not that i expected anything different though :P )

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    IMO scrap any ideas of the Gen coupe...

I think your best comparison is between the WRX and the GTI. The GTI is definitely a worthwhile option to consider. The interior of the GTI >>> WRX. Period. I've also done quite a bit of reading and research on the DSG transmission, it really is quite a marvel. In the end, the decision is yours. Go do some test drives!
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

I Support ClubWRX
    A car is a personal thing. Test drive the candidates, and see where that leaves you. You may find that the very nice interior of the GTI suits you, or the different feel of the WRX, or the hatchback design of the Genesis.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

those were my choices as well. out of all three the genisus coupe was utter crap. very cheap interior and feel IMO. Felt like a plastic car but it does look good. The GTI is a nice ride feel and interior were all good IMO. Then i drove the wrx hatch limited and i was sold. The AWD feel and interior to me is nice. The blue tooth function and audio is awsome. I had rattle noise in the passenger door but subaru fixed it with dyno lining under warranty. I hear a few creaks out of the dash in very cold morning short commutes but they go away after things warm up. And to be honest i could care less about the noise from the dash i bought it for the amazing feel and ride. I love the 2011 limited and i really like the interior as well it works very well for me so far. the leather seats are a must have its a night and day difference in quality look and feel.

The GTI has a lot of rattles too...as a previous owner of an 09 MKV, I can attest that it had more rattles than my 04, and 07 WRX by far.

The interior of the 10' and 11' looks nice but just go over to any GTI forum and you'll find out that it has many rattles too.

This is a Subaru site so what answer do you think you're going to get?

For everybody saying AWD > RWD, sorry, but I wholeheartedly disagree. The OP is in Florida, so AWD will help on wet pavement. Otherwise, RWD is a more sporting and pure experience. Not that I'd recommend the Genesis however.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm also a big fan of RWD cars, but it's a tough sell in when talking to a generation raised on w3some GT-R's and Evos.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast