'11 WRX '11GTI '11 GenCoupe - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on '11 WRX '11GTI '11 GenCoupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guess it depends on the car, but with the stock tires and a dry day I was able to light ...

Guess it depends on the car, but with the stock tires and a dry day I was able to light up the inside front tire in my 126hp Pontiac Vibe. I've sense upgraded the tires, and now it only does it in the rain when I'm pushing it too hard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Found it.

Here's the article I read about the "XDS" being an issue when worked hard.
    First Drive: 2010 Volkswagen GTI reminds us why we like hot hatches so much — Autoblog
    Because of the MkVI GTI's new electronic limited slip, you can get on the power incredibly early when coming out of a corner. We're talking pre-apex here. And this is fantastic, allowing you to attack turns the way you might in an all-wheel drive car. The XDS partnered with the revised suspension means you're at full power more often than not, taking big speed into (and more importantly) out of bends faster than we were expecting given our impression of the outgoing GTI. However, and this is big, driving this way shortens the useful life of the brakes considerably when you push the GTI hard. Remember, electronic LSDs use ABS to stop the wheel from spinning so fade comes on fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.