'11 WRX '11GTI '11 GenCoupe - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on '11 WRX '11GTI '11 GenCoupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; thanks to everyone for good replies i was talking of course the 2.0t gencoupe I test drove all of them ...

thanks to everyone for good replies i was talking of course the 2.0t gencoupe I test drove all of them the coupe was solid but slow compared to the other two. The REX was the fastest due to the AWD but the interior had me scratching my head thinking THIS IS A $27000 dollar car the dash buttons and gauges were this ugly orange red color (NO OFFENCE WRX LOVERS) but come on! The GTI is the one im DEF. going to buy the REX might have been by far the best looking of the 3 but everything about the GTI screams great Quality Car, the way the doors shut to the feel of the interior. The car felt like it was an NA car, had almost no turbo lag AT ALL not to mention compared to over FWD turbo hot hatches (MS3) not even in the same freakin' sport haha, plus it runs on 87 gas (tho i will be runnin 89)!!! with about 3 grand in engine and suspension upgrades over the cars life it is going to be one mean machine. At $25065 total this is the car for me. But to all the Subie fans i will always love the 2.5 Boxer engine one of the best sounding engine ive ever heard!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Seriously...as a pure driving machine I would take nothing over RWD. AWD has its benefits though.

FWD is teh ghey lolll!!

But seriously...I'm glad you went and looked at/drove the cars you were considering. Nobody else can tell you what car is right for you. I hope you enjoy the GTI.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Yeah i know RWD drive is cool but in my opinion the carbon grey 5 door GTI is the perfect car for me, and since i have seen, drove, and researched all of the car candidates this is the car i will be driving for the atleast the next 10 to 12 years..

Quote Originally Posted by cwilson09 View Post
    everything about the GTI screams great Quality Car.
    No offense, when brand new they seem like good cars, but give it a few years (if that)

plus it runs on 87 gas (tho i will be runnin 89)
    You might want to re-check that, my grandfather owns a passat 2.0T and they recommend premium for his car
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I'm almost sure the gti is premium gas only. I know my moms CC is

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Congrats on the new ride! Did you get the DSG or any other options?

Post up a pic or two!
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

gti with a turbo = premium gas for sure man, hope you read these comments in time
    it's a nice car, hope you enjoy it!

Get the WRX premium or limited (whatever they are calling the high end model) and call it a day...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Get the WRX premium or limited (whatever they are calling the high end model) and call it a day...
    That's what I did. I was concerned with the interior quality and was looking at the A3. However my priorities were; performance, looks, interior, quality. The limited WRX delivers on the interior as far as seats and features. Sure it's not A3 quality, but the amount of $$$ I would need to sink into an A3 to get to stock WRX performance levels would have caused the overall price to get out of hand, not to mention every service visit being nerve racking, waiting for them to void my warranty (premium brands will come after you hard. My buddy modded his 335 with a plug and play and they kept his car for 3 days measuring the wires to see if he spliced them. All because he didn't tighten the wing nut on the ECU box.)

Also something to think about with heavily modding a GTI...torque steer. I modded my C30 and the torque steer drove me nuts.

Good luck, I have a friend with a GLI, very nice car.
    NO MORE TORQUE STEER!!!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dluk08 View Post
    I modded my C30
    I've always had such a crush on those cars.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

The v6 Genesis did just fine in this year's C&D test. It equaled the STi's lap time (and the 135i) and beat down the standard WRX.

The turbo is definitely slower but it's also a lot cheaper as you noticed. They're working like crazy on an open source tuning setup so once that happens I'll bet the cars get a lot more popular.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

yes i was wrong about the gas but with stage 1 APR Program 91 octane is recommended. VW MK6 GTI's have almost no torque steer stock atleast not the one i drove. it performed as good to me as the WRX just the WRX can go just about anywhere off road (AWD) i live in FL. so no snow- I havent bought anything yet it is 70% GTI 20% WRX and 10% Mini Cooper S.

yes i was wrong about the gas but with stage 1 APR Program 91 octane is recommended. VW MK6 GTI's have almost no torque steer stock atleast not the one i drove. it performed as good to me as the WRX just the WRX can go just about anywhere off road (AWD) i live in FL. so no snow- I havent bought anything yet it is 70% GTI 20% WRX and 10% Mini Cooper S.
    Isn't the GTI somewhere like 210hp? That's not enough power for much torque steer and I can't imagine it coming close to the performance numbers as the 3g WRX. Unless I'm wrong and they've changed since 2010. Mini Cooper? Totally different league from the other two but it depends on what you're looking to get out of your car.
    Stink eye mob #727

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Isn't the GTI somewhere like 210hp? That's not enough power for much torque steer and I can't imagine it coming close to the performance numbers as the 3g WRX. Unless I'm wrong and they've changed since 2010. Mini Cooper? Totally different league from the other two but it depends on what you're looking to get out of your car.
    The 2011 GTI has 200HP/207TQ, that's enough to make lots of torque steer. The GTI uses torque vectoring software with the ABS and Traction Control systems (read: uses the brakes) to limit torque steer, and make it feel like the transmission has a limited slip differential. I've read the brakes can be overheated quickly in track day situations, but on the street it shouldn't be a problem.

Edit:
    http://cars.about.com/od/volkswagen/fr/10_VW_GTI.htm
    New for 2010 is an electronic limited-slip differential, or eLSD. Front-drive cars often have trouble getting traction when powering out of a curve; as the car's weight shifts rearward and towards the outside, the front-inside wheel breaks loose and spins, a problem eLSD is designed to prevent. I was skeptical; I've driven cars with similar systems and none work as well as an old-fashioned mechanical LSD. But lo and behold, eLSD works like a treat -- just like everything else on this car.
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 02-16-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    The 2011 GTI has 200HP/207TQ, that's enough to make lots of torque steer. The GTI uses torque vectoring software with the ABS and Traction Control systems (read: uses the brakes) to limit torque steer, and make it feel like the transmission has a limited slip differential. I've read the brakes can be overheated quickly in track day situations, but on the street it shouldn't be a problem.
    Ive owned cars with as much, if not more, power than that and torque steer was never an issue. Sounds to me like apples and oranges between these 3 cars I don't see someone in the market for a WRX even looking at a GTI or a Cooper but to each his own I suppose.
    Stink eye mob #727

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.