02 wrx vs mazda 6
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs mazda 6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i was coming home in my work truck on the interstate about ten miles from my house when i ...

Registered User deerkiller42002's Avatar

02 wrx vs mazda 6

so i was coming home in my work truck on the interstate about ten miles from my house when i noticed a red tailed hawk standing in the median, i saw him earlier in the day in the same spot so i thought something was up.by the time i got home i couldnt stop thinking about it so i hopped in my stock 02 and headed that way when i got there he was gone so i headed to the next exit to turnaround driving at about 90 i notice a blue car behind me keeping pace so i hammer down get to a $1.15 and hes not catchin me but theres traffic far ahead so we start to let off. when i get off the exit i see its a mazda 6 and i thought it said v6 on the back. whats top speed on one of those? what about a drag race would i still have been ahead?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Street racing FTL. Nobody ends up ahead.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Not sure about top speed but I hear they are so so. I think you can get decent power out of them but being a Mazda they won't last long. I remember reading a thread on a different site and the v8 crowd wasn't to impressed with them from a dig. Take it for what's it's worth.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by deerkiller42002 View Post
    90 i notice a blue car behind me keeping pace so i hammer down get to a $1.15 and hes not catchin me but theres traffic far ahead so we start to let off
    You're seriously going to broadcast this to the entire world? You are violating club-dub rules according to the sticky:
    WRX vs World: Rules of the Road
    Keep the kill stories as vague as possible

oh, and
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Registered User deerkiller42002's Avatar
    i was out to save a hawk not fly like one but i call it good timing

I had an 03 Mazda6 before my 2010 WRX, it's not a bad car and has some decent power (I think around 220hp)

0-60 was rated around 6.7 from the S (V6) and 15.3 in the 1/4. Top speed was limited at 120 I believe (electronically)

I raced a mazda 6 on a drag strip in colorado im not sure if spelled bandamiere or vandamiere, two years ago sinister was supposed to go with me but i beat him by half a car length. But at that time i only had TBE i was at @204whp
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.