2007(modded)wrx vs 2011(stock)sti
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2007(modded)wrx vs 2011(stock)sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Test was performed using proper safety equipment under a controlled road course. Cars were used under the consent of the ...

2007(modded)wrx vs 2011(stock)sti

Test was performed using proper safety equipment under a controlled road course. Cars were used under the consent of the owners at their own risk through a signed contract.

Hey! this a test i've recently conducted. Just a little run to see how a 2011sti compared acceleration-wise against a stageII wrx with ewg+cai.

Started at the bottom of my second gear. My car(wrx) jumped way ahead of him through that gear making it feel as if he didn't gun it making me step on the brakes. (I wanted a fair comparison) I saw him comming and gunned in through 2nd again.

I caught up a bit through 3rd and we were dead even all through that gear.

Didn't bother going through 4th.

In conclusion,i the TD-04 and longer gears of my wrx seems to have an edge at lower speeds over the new sti.

Through pulls starting at around 35mph the wrx jumps a full 1/2 car length ahead of the STI. After which the td-04 just doesn't have enough grunt to keep pulling away.

With better tires + sway bars and a quick responsive TD-04 the wrx can be a fun autocross car.

That's not to say the 2011 STI with the same modifications won't be faster/quieter/more luxurious/more agile. I've been inside it and it's damn nice.

But i've put down too many hours cleaning, modding, and driving my '07wrx to give it up for some random STI.

Last edited by Acrdys; 01-15-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: edited to oblige by forum rules.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    aaaaand how is this not street racing again?

it clearly says in the rules:

ClubWRX.net does not condone, support or approve of street racing.

Any posts planning, organizing or arranging any sort of illegal activity on public roads will be edited/deleted.

Do not post "first hand" videos of Street Racing. Meaning no videos of street racing where you took the video, participated in illegal racing or personally know the participants. The only "first hand" videos allowed are legal activities, sanctioned events on closed tracks are allowed.

...dont get me wrong...im all for roll racing and blasting down public roads at night...im just confused because i like to talk about my encounters with subi's but the rules seem pretty clear to me.
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

Quote Originally Posted by fiveliterbeater View Post
    aaaaand how is this not street racing again?

[B][COLOR="red"] ... im just confused because i like to talk about my encounters with subi's but the rules seem pretty clear to me.
    Not sure what you can confuse between the current forums rules, my post, and what you like to talk about. Not sure there's any relation at all. Maybe you chose to use the wrong word?

At any rate thank you for the heads-up. Post edited to follow the forum rules.

Test was performed using proper safety equipment under a controlled road course.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

This is getting ghey.
    At any rate kind of sounds like the 09+ wrx vs the 09+sti. A buddy of mine had a stock 10 wrx with a couple of suspension mods and actually held up pretty well against a pro-tuned stage 2 08sti. 1-3 gears he had a slight lead but after 3rd it was over. I have seen quit a few 2011's around town but haven't had the op to run one. Good looking cars.

What exactly is a "controlled road course?"

I just bought a new STI. Yes, the WRX is pretty close in power, but you don't get two key things: better suspension and better brakes. Then there's the 6 speed gearbox and bigger turbo that'll allow you to get a lot more power for cheap money.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

"controlled road course" I think that means the teachers that were in front of the school new the race was on so they only allowed the children to play 10 feet from the road instead of 5'. Jones throw up some pics of the new sti if you would be so kind.

idk about you guys, but there arent schools on every street where i live...just sayin
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Must be nice livin in Philly cause I think in the rest of the country there is a school for every fifty foot of road.

Quote Originally Posted by parks09 View Post
    "controlled road course" I think that means the teachers that were in front of the school new the race was on so they only allowed the children to play 10 feet from the road instead of 5'. Jones throw up some pics of the new sti if you would be so kind.
    You can see a few pictures here:
    Bought a new STI
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Nice looking car. You gonna strip that wing off or leave it on?

Controlled road course. Kids? I think the kids would die before making it past the desert and into the valley. School? Oh you mean the Pedophile's den. Nice 2011. Enjoy it. As always, go Steelers.

IMG_1338 by Detact1337, on Flickr
    Last edited by Acrdys; 01-18-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Not surprising that a stage 2 wrx can at least keep up with a stock STI over an XY distance. Only giving up ~10 whp with a good tune, and have much more peak torque, and 1 less shift to get to 60. No debating here however that the STI is still the superior car in almost every respect.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

My question,why even bother to watch it?,it doesn't look like ur a mod? Do you own a wrx or come to the site just to complain....over the week you've been a memeber. I hardly ever post but if your coming on here just to gripe, give it a rest.DON'T CLICK THE LINK! I happened to enjoy the vid, as I enjoy this forum and topic, you would love NASIOC....FIT LIKE A GLOVE. It just seems really pointless to post that, if this exsisted purely for tracked events 1: there wouldn't be many posts 2:not many people would care!!.....go race a 5 litre...wait how you know you beat one???? Must have been a closed race track
    Trying to post on a smartphone..not fun.not attemtping again.gt

QUOTE=fiveliterbeater;2708703]aaaaand how is this not street racing again?

ClubWRX.net does not condone, support or approve of street racing.

Any posts planning, organizing or arranging any sort of illegal activity on public roads will be edited/deleted.

Do not post "first hand" videos of Street Racing. Meaning no videos of street racing where you took the video, participated in illegal racing or personally know the participants. The only "first hand" videos allowed are legal activities, sanctioned events on closed tracks are allowed.

...dont get me wrong...im all for roll racing and blasting down public roads at night...im just confused because i like to talk about my encounters with subi's but the rules seem pretty clear to me.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by dwill9578; 01-20-2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: cant type on phone:(

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwill9578 View Post
    My question,why even bother to watch it?,it doesn't look like ur a mod? Do you own a wrx or come to the site just to complain....over the week you've been a memeber. I hardly ever post but if your coming on here just to gripe, give it a rest.DON'T CLICK THE LINK! I happened to enjoy the vid, as I enjoy this forum and topic, you would love NASIOC....FIT LIKE A GLOVE. It just seems really pointless to post that, if this exsisted purely for tracked events 1: there wouldn't be many posts 2:not many people would care!!.....go race a 5 litre...wait how you know you beat one???? Must have been a closed race track
    Trying to post on a smartphone..not fun.not attemtping again.gt

i couldve sworn ive been a member for a little over a week...(although i admit i just browse this section just to see what subi guys are up to).
    ..and my screen name is actually 11 years old if you must know and dates back to when i had a cammed 99 Z28 on the juice.
    my current setup on the evo isnt enough to pull on the NEW 5.0's (from a roll of course). E85 will fix that no problem though, putting me back on top.
    back to your complaint though...i wasnt necessarily calling out the OP, but moreso the fact that the rules to this forum don't make sense.
    why make rules about no posting of street racing videos when clearly the OP is racing on a public road (sry OP, you're not fooling anyone).
    i dont see what the big deal is posting up cool videos of cars going at it and then discussing it. unless that rule applies only to cars other than a Subi?
    meaning only subi guys are allowed to post up vids of them going at it and vids of other cars will be taken down or deleted.
    ...maybe a mod can shed some light on this?
    ..id like to share my encounters with subi guys. : )
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

Read the "what's the point" thread fiveliter. Its just a cycle but allot of people are complaining about the street racing thing so the mod's had to step in and take care of business. I understand what you are saying and it does kind of kill this section but give it time and as the anti-racer boys move on we can discuss things differently. For everyone one else, just don't post vids and leave out the speeds and street names and I think things will be cool if I understand the new rules right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.