2011 wrx vs 2008 acura tl type s automatic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx vs 2008 acura tl type s automatic within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend had a 286 hp acura tl type s, its beautiful inside and has power, but it seems to ...

2011 wrx vs 2008 acura tl type s automatic

my friend had a 286 hp acura tl type s, its beautiful inside and has power, but it seems to be sluggish with the mushbox.

what do wrx's even run stock?

acura tl type s

0-to-60-mph time: 5.5 sec
    Quarter-mile time: 14.1 sec @ 101 mph

if i can launch it i think i can beat him by a car length

i wonder what i can do from a 20mph roll

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Eh paper racing is no good. Take it to the track and you'll find out!

Based on the numbers, though, I'll do some paper racing for ya since I'm bored...that's a good quarter for that heavy Acura Sedan...that may be a drivers race from a dig. Frumaroll...my guess is he'd beat you. TL's larger engine will be more conducive to more top-end power...and he'd probably start to pull away after 100mph or so as the WRX's turbo begins to taper off.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

You'll have a better chance of beating him from a dig. But, as Mikie said, paper racing is never good lol. In the end it all comes down to the driver. Head down to your local track and get a good start off the line, my money would be on the Rex if you get a good enough start.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

well his car is automatic, he doesnt even know how to drive manual, id say im a much more experienced driver, but its not much of a driver thing when its auto in a straight line, i guess from a roll he would really have the advantage with faster shifts

A TL type S messed with me a month or two ago. Not sure on transmission but a couple 30 to 60ish pulls (on a empty rural road) weren't that close, I put at least two car lenghts twice. He blew by sporting a sideways hat yelling something and letting me know I was number 1 with his middle finger?? Not quite sure why people flip out when they "loose" if it was their idea in first place. I got a stg 2 09 with some other stuff. BUT I think a stock verse stock a rex would take it,no doubt from dig.

Like a previous poster said...go to a track and you'll find out.

My hunch is this: That Acura is a HEAVY car and a few years old. I think the 2011 WRX will get the power to the ground much more efficiently than the acura and generally win a race from a dig.

From a roll, I think the Subaru's advantage begins to diminish as the initial speed increases. Still...I think in most cases, without a missed shift, your Subie is going to win.

Just quote the MotorTrend article: 0-60 in 4.7 seconds
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by dwill9578 View Post
    A TL type S sporting a sideways hat yelling something and letting me know I was number 1
    Well there's your problem.. he's a punk ass kid in something Mommy and Daddy obviously bought for him. He's a punk first for trying it on the street, and second for being an ass after he got his handed to him.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by dwill9578 View Post
    He blew by sporting a sideways hat yelling something and letting me know I was number 1 with his middle finger??

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Well there's your problem.. he's a punk ass kid in something Mommy and Daddy obviously bought for him. He's a punk first for trying it on the street, and second for being an ass after he got his handed to him.
    Quoted for truth.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Exactly what I thought, I was right by UNH. At least we agree'd I'm number one

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    my friend had a 286 hp acura tl type s, its beautiful inside and has power, but it seems to be sluggish with the mushbox.
    0-to-60-mph time: 5.5 sec
    Quarter-mile time: 14.1 sec @ 101 mph
    The TL is a nice car, no doubt, but I don't know if these numbers are accurate.

These seem much closer to what I'd expect:
    2007 Acura TL Type S 5AT 1/4 mile Drag Racing timeslip specs 0-60 - DragTimes.com
    2007 Acura TL type s 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

Even from a street-start, a stock 2009+ WRX shouldn't have a problem competing at the strip. keep in mind, the TL is about 800 pounds heavier than the WRX
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    My wife's mom has a 2009 TL with the 3.7 V6 (305 HP) and SH-AWD. That thing hauls balls for sure. Despite the 800 or so extra pounds, ill bet it would be a close race with a WRX. Of course, it costs more than an STI, so "there's yer problem..."

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    My wife's mom has a 2009 TL with the 3.7 V6 (305 HP) and SH-AWD. That thing hauls balls for sure. Despite the 800 or so extra pounds, ill bet it would be a close race with a WRX. Of course, it costs more than an STI, so "there's yer problem..."

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
    Despite the 20 hp increase in output, the new Base version of the TL is some 300 pounds heavier than the outgoing model. The AWD version is likely 500-600 pounds heavier than previous years. Cars, like me, are getting bigger and chunkier with each passing year...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

from a dig the rex would definitely take it
    on a roll :/, up to the driver or pretty much you cuz he has an auto

I Support ClubWRX
    What does a 2011 WRX typically trap in the real world? Probably the quickest WRX yet, but I have to believe that there are a number of big-engined sedans out there that can out-gun it frumaroll.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    What does a 2011 WRX typically trap in the real world? Probably the quickest WRX yet, but I have to believe that there are a number of big-engined sedans out there that can out-gun it frumaroll.
    +1...many companies are making high powered V6s and so on now...hell...the V6 Mustang (not a sedan, but we get the point ) with its 306hp...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast