Wanna race?!?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wanna race?!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi! No no its not a challenge I am just a little bit pissed... A month ago I bought a ...

Wanna race?!?

Hi!

No no its not a challenge I am just a little bit pissed...

A month ago I bought a new old family car my08 wrx. I fell in love with the car but with it came an annoying problem.

Every time I drive somewhere someone wants to race me. Ridding on my ass so close that they are almost sitting on my rear seats, revving like idiots, signaling with hands... They should make rocket launchers legal in Sweden... I would be the first one to install one

Today as I was driving home with my 3year old daughter I saw honda drive behind me, he came closer and closer and than started ridding my ass... than began like drifting (snow and ice) on every corner (i want that rocket launcher).. so I pulled over and got out of the car and the guy pulls down the window and asks: Wanna race? Ofcourse I explained to him in a "nice" way that I dont want to race and that I have a kid in the car but than he called me a chicken for not racing, added something about honda civic power...

Hm, what kind of an idiot is that? He wants me to race him with a kid in the car. I think that soon I will see him in some ditch or worse on the news that he killed someone.

Ah, I feel little bit better now.. hm, now I have to find something that I forgot to buy in the store to go out for another drive (hm, obsessed?).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Why would you get out of your car? People have been shot in road rage incidents here. In the future, just pull over, let them pass, and be on your merry way...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    To Matt you should listen.
    Food for thought: A few years ago a guy did something dangerous to me in traffic, and I wound up in a shouting match with him out the window of my car. My youngest kid was in the back seat at the time. I'm pretty sure that all I accomplished that day was to show her her father's worst side, and teach her bad habits.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Not that bad here in Sweden with weapons...

I have a friend that is deaf and was in USA (Georgia) and was pulled over by a cop. He got scared ****less for not listening to cop after that he always opened a window showing hands.

But to be honest there could be a fist fight.. I guess I just didnt think because of getting so worked up..

Rayfields well who else would teach kids all the bad things!?!?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I get maybe 1 person (sometimes 2) a year who tries race me.

OP, look at your car. i remember in a prior thread someone said it looked like the fast and furious STI. if you car looks all raced out, and yours does, people are going to want to race.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Just get in the right lane, slow down to the speed limit, and keep that speed until they go away.

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    Just get in the right lane, slow down to the speed limit, and keep that speed until they go away.
    ++++++1 to this! although, i have often wondered, while doing this, whether or not I am simply exacerbating the situation...oh well.

When I had my 09 rex I never had anyone try to race me. I guess people didn't or don't know what the car was. Since I've had my evo it's at almost every intersection. Mustangs and bimmers being the worst. However I barely take the car above 3k if that while out on the roads so people tend to get annoyed riding behind or next to such a slow car and they just speed off. My favorite is when people get next to me at an intersection and ask how fast my car is and I tell them its incredibly slow. They seem to get mad and tell me how I must not know how to drive. Pretty funny how others get so worked up when you tell them their car is faster.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleJeremy View Post
    I usually just floor it and they disappear pretty quickly...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by parks09 View Post
    Pretty funny how others get so worked up when you tell them their car is faster.
    Unless they already know your car is faster, wanted to prove it wrong, and then when you tell them its slow it just makes them think that their car is really slow
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I know the feeling. It gets old really quick.
    However, I usually tell them to show up at the local drag strip that Saturday night and bring $20,000 in cash for a best of three. They very rarely show.
    When they tell me I am a chicken to street race, I tell them I want them to go home with a white piece of paper to show their buddies how bad they got their a$$ handed to them. It seems to work.

its not gonna change, im on some local auto sites and get lots of ppl wanting to go head to head just cause i own a subi, usually all honda owners which is why they have such a bad wrap, see they spend maybe 3k on a lil civic then maybe another 500 in ebay special parts so in reality if they total their car its not the end of the world when we are usually much more involved, when it happens to me(depending on how my night is going) usually i just cruise let them do their stupid show and probably get pulled over or worse, ppl like that, bein an @ss to get you wriled up enough to let that flat 4 loose live foolishly in almost all matters of life especially if they show it in such dangerous areas such as a snowy road, imo its never worth the risk to join in their foolishness, much better to drive normaly past their car upsidedown in a ditch and them just looking pissed ha ha!!!

It used to happen to me a lot more in Boston, but not as much here. I had a guy in an SL600 race me on I93 in Boston, which was legit (but stupid yes). And a guy on a crotch rocket. He beat me I have no shame in admitting. Pretty badly.

I also had a couple of kids in an 80s Cutlass egg me on, but I just sat back. They proceeded to pass heavy traffic in a 40 mph zone by going through a left turn lane that had a median on the other side of the intersection and almost wrecked. I just shook my head and moved on.

I had a guy in a modified Mazda with a really loud BOV try and egg me to race on route 6 here one day coming out of Denver. I was moving pretty quick already, but just ignored him.

My personal preference for these people is a lot like my preference for tailgaters or other a-hole drivers. I study the traffic patterns until I can get them stuck somewhere. Let them think they can pass on the right, pin them in, and let traffic build behind me so they can't get out. Then move on and let them steam.

Which leads me to an old man lecture: The best drivers study car driving patterns at all times and know where cars are at all times around them. I never get surprised by somebody on the road. I study every move minutely in terms of braking, acceleration, lane changes, and driving style and most of the time know what every person is going to do before they do it. Do this and you'll be a much better driver.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I don't mind people engaging me on the interstate cause most of the time traffic will cease one or both of us. What I really can't stand is the red light stare down. It always seems to be a mustang for some reason but the guys won't take a hint a drop it. It bothers me with some jerk-off sitting next to me revving and doing the billy bad a** stare down. Its like, man get a clue and stop being a ****. If I was going to run you we wouldn't need all this revving-staring B.S.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast