Wanna race?!? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Wanna race?!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones I think the point Ray was trying to make is street racing accidents are easily prevented ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I think the point Ray was trying to make is street racing accidents are easily prevented and stupid. Drunk driving accidents are too. The numbers of people lost in each is irrelevant. It only takes one kid dying to make it a tragedy.
    Thanks, Scott, that pretty much nailed it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I think the point Ray was trying to make is street racing accidents are easily prevented and stupid. Drunk driving accidents are too. The numbers of people lost in each is irrelevant. It only takes one kid dying to make it a tragedy.

very true.

....as a society though, we need to worry about problems that are an imminent and present danger (meaning chances of a life being taken are serious and more than frequent) ; and not the occasional tragedy....
    focus on the big problems first and then tie up the loose ends as you work your way down the list.
    you dont start with the small problems first and then work your way up....its the other way around.
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

I disagree, you can change the world one person at a time. And it's a better place for it. The big stuff is hard and takes a lot of time. I'll leave that to the politicians...... Who will go nowhere but into my wallet for more $$$.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    The whole discussion isn't really about "is this the biggest problem that society currently faces?" It's a little closer to "is this a smart thing to do?"

To the best of my knowledge, no one in America was killed last year by chaining themselves to an anvil and throwing themselves off the Brooklyn Bridge. I will now go on record saying that you probably shouldn't do that.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    You can kill someone at 35mph just the same as you can at 120mph.

$20 for test n tune at your local drag track.. Its worth it.

Keep it off the streets.
    This. There's tracks just about everywhere. Plus if something happens to your car, wouldn't you rather it happen on a track where you don't have to worry about killing someone or yourself?
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Someonelost View Post

Every time I drive somewhere someone wants to race me. Ridding on my ass so close that they are almost sitting on my rear seats, revving like idiots, signaling with hands.
    Well no offense mate but look what type of car you bought? I would not exactly call it a family sedan. I mean it can be used as one but its more of a rally car. That being said people try to race my Altima, especially the Honda ricers.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's actually much closer to being a family sedan than a rally car. It's a hard pill for most Subie fans to swallow: the rawest STI that Subaru has ever sold for the streets is still nowhere close to being a rally car.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.