Wanna race?!? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wanna race?!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i get it a lot in my subbie, 99% of the time i ignore them but every once in a ...

i get it a lot in my subbie, 99% of the time i ignore them but every once in a while theres actually a car thats worthing wasting a little petrol for. and even that has to have the right variable. i like to rev it up right along with them and then when the light turns green.... slowly come off the line as they race off, i think i gotten 4 or 5 people tickets for that dumb s***. Gotta love when you here a coffee can exhuast revving and you look over to see a 16 year old in a civic on steelies. Strangely though when im driving the MR2 a lot more people try to solicit an adrenaline rush off me... go figure.
    92' MR2 3sgte
    05' scooby STi
    94' celica (wifes car)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i feel that people take street racing way outta proportion. if a car rolls up to me and wants to race i will give them a chance up to about 10 over the speed limit then i let off. the race will be determined in that time amount. i dislike rolling at 70 and racing thats nuts you can kill yourself and many innocent drivers. hey if your faster your faster nothing i or anyone else can do, i am friendly about racing you beat me i wanna pull over and see what you got done we all have a common interest in cars no need to be pricks about it all, some have 4 bangers and others have v8s a car is a car no need to get all worked up...
    2003 WRX - 48,000 Stage 2
    Bugeye Mafia # 308
    Holds the longest record for an up-pipe install - total of 11 hours

i feel that people take street racing way outta proportion. if a car rolls up to me and wants to race i will give them a chance up to about 10 over the speed limit then i let off. the race will be determined in that time amount. i dislike rolling at 70 and racing thats nuts you can kill yourself and many innocent drivers. hey if your faster your faster nothing i or anyone else can do, i am friendly about racing you beat me i wanna pull over and see what you got done we all have a common interest in cars no need to be pricks about it all, some have 4 bangers and others have v8s a car is a car no need to get all worked up...
    +1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammtheman View Post
    i feel that people take street racing way outta proportion.
    I'm guessing that a parent who has lost a kid to streetracing will have a different view.
    I suppose it comes back to how we define "streetracing", right? The people that have gotten in trouble around here are generally talking about triple digit speeds on public roads. Problematic kinetics.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm guessing that a parent who has lost a kid to streetracing will have a different view.
    I suppose it comes back to how we define "streetracing", right? The people that have gotten in trouble around here are generally talking about triple digit speeds on public roads. Problematic kinetics.
    +1 (This new forum needs a "like" button)
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I haven't had anyone really try to race me since I've had my car. I've had the few "zomg I'm gonna show this guy and take off like a rocket ship when the light goes green" but I just ignore them. I never had anyone try to race me in my Bimmer in my whole 3 years of ownership come to think of it, which is surprising because the most common thing I heard was "Is that an M3" or "wow nice M3"....I owned a 330 that looked nothing like an M car....

I just think street racing in total is just ridiculous. It doesn't prove anything. Track days at the drag strip are cheap enough that if you really want to do it you can go there and test your car against tons of other vehicles and have proof of the race.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

This was a fun thread to read

+1 for watching street racers get pulled over. makes for an entertaining show

Never really raced as I have a slow automatic civic, but I have been with people that have raced and as much of a rush as I got out of just being a passenger, afterwards I was very grateful that we didn't wreck, hurt anyone, get pulled over, etc... Too many uncontrollable variables in that situation. The negatives heavily outweigh the positives.

Quote Originally Posted by HOGH View Post
    Too many uncontrollable variables in that situation. The negatives heavily outweigh the positives.
    Very good points.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

i totally said that wrong i ment like people have to go like 120 to race, i find that to be stupid and shouldnt happen
    2003 WRX - 48,000 Stage 2
    Bugeye Mafia # 308
    Holds the longest record for an up-pipe install - total of 11 hours

I Support ClubWRX
    I understood what you were saying.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

You can kill someone at 35mph just the same as you can at 120mph.

$20 for test n tune at your local drag track.. Its worth it.

Keep it off the streets.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think I might try the ski goggles and dish gloves approach to street racing next time and see how seriously they take me.

Better off Dead: skip to about 4:30 if you want to see what I'm talking about, I couldn't find a shorter clip
    YouTube - ‪Better Off Dead - Part 2‬‏

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar

....i think you're taking it way outta proportion here...

there are waaaayyy more serious problems than street racing. how about drunk drivers that account for 32% of all highway deaths? the latest statistics show that 11,xxx people died in 2010 due to drunk driving accidents. the rest was made up of weather related accidents,driver error, elderly etc...
    ....street racing incidents are a growing concern but nothing in proportion to other problems that still remain a problem, and a serious one at that.
    you run a more serious risk of being hit by a drunk driver rather than being struck by a civic SI and an STI going at it down the freeway....
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

Quote Originally Posted by fiveliterbeater View Post
    ....i think you're taking it way outta proportion here...

there are waaaayyy more serious problems than street racing. how about drunk drivers that account for 32% of all highway deaths? the latest statistics show that 11,xxx people died in 2010 due to drunk driving accidents. the rest was made up of weather related accidents,driver error, elderly etc...
    ....street racing incidents are a growing concern but nothing in proportion to other problems that still remain a problem, and a serious one at that.
    you run a more serious risk of being hit by a drunk driver rather than being struck by a civic SI and an STI going at it down the freeway....
    I think the point Ray was trying to make is street racing accidents are easily prevented and stupid. Drunk driving accidents are too. The numbers of people lost in each is irrelevant. It only takes one kid dying to make it a tragedy.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.