Wanna race?!? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wanna race?!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Teflon did the Mazda happen to be a red RX-8? I ask because a guy approached me in the ...

Hey Teflon did the Mazda happen to be a red RX-8? I ask because a guy approached me in the parking lot at Copper mountain as I was booting up and started asking about my car and saying how he would race me if there wasn't snow on the ground and what not. I just said ok and got on the bus haha.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    Hey Teflon did the Mazda happen to be a red RX-8? I ask because a guy approached me in the parking lot at Copper mountain as I was booting up and started asking about my car and saying how he would race me if there wasn't snow on the ground and what not. I just said ok and got on the bus haha.
    No, it wasn't. But honestly I'm questioning myself here on whether it was an Evo or a Mazdaspeed car. Might have been an Evo. I didn't pay him much mind, just left him in my dust. I was driving my Porsche and at highway speeds, bye to anything other than a modded Porsche, Ferrari, Aston, or similar. No offense to Subis because I love them and stay around here even though mine is junk now, but once you hit about 70, forget about it. Maybe a Crawford or Cobb stage 4 car could keep up, but that's about it.
    Last edited by teflon_jones; 12-23-2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Which leads me to an old man lecture: The best drivers study car driving patterns at all times and know where cars are at all times around them. I never get surprised by somebody on the road. I study every move minutely in terms of braking, acceleration, lane changes, and driving style and most of the time know what every person is going to do before they do it. Do this and you'll be a much better driver.
    Holy Crap! I swear these words came straight from my brain! This is EXACTLY how I drive...there are so many times that if I were a standard driver I would have been in a car wreck/killed, but because I watch people and just know they are going to be stupid...it has saved my life on many a commute.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Quote Originally Posted by parks09 View Post
    I don't mind people engaging me on the interstate cause most of the time traffic will cease one or both of us. What I really can't stand is the red light stare down. It always seems to be a mustang for some reason but the guys won't take a hint a drop it. It bothers me with some jerk-off sitting next to me revving and doing the billy bad a** stare down. Its like, man get a clue and stop being a ****. If I was going to run you we wouldn't need all this revving-staring B.S.
    I just flip those guys the bird. Or.. if its a really over macho kinda character I blow them a kiss really throws em off ! lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Coming from a Honda CRV this is new for me.In the last couple of weeks that I have had the car I have been provoked by 1 mini cooper,2 M3s,a Camaro,a Mustang & many other cars that I can't remember.I gave in to temptation only to the Mini,just bcoz I was alone in the car at night at a stretch of road that I know,smoked him/her.

There was this guy tailgating me in a VW CC with one hand on the steering while the other hand was filming me on a cell phone camera.

What do these people want?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Registered User RealDealTarheel's Avatar
    There's a thread in EIT that has the answers to all your questions.
    2005 Smog Silver STi

Illegally Hard Parked.

Which leads me to an old man lecture: The best drivers study car driving patterns at all times and know where cars are at all times around them. I never get surprised by somebody on the road. I study every move minutely in terms of braking, acceleration, lane changes, and driving style and most of the time know what every person is going to do before they do it. Do this and you'll be a much better driver.
    +1 on this knowing all aspects and bein aware of road and drivers is great advantage over the ricers who are really only payin attention to our tail lights he he he :P

When i had my ION Redline, every ricer in a square mile was bugging me. Once i got the subi tho hardly anyone wants to play. In the year i've had it i've had maybe 5 or 6 instances where some punk was feelin froggy.
    i usually just ignore em.
    2007 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX TR
    3" Catless TBE, Protune, Tein Springs, TurboXs MBC, Apexi Turbo Timer.
    HawkEye Alliance #187
    Vote for my group UNTAM3D's new single "Gotta Go" to get rotation on 96.1 FM Radio!
    VOTE FOR US NOW!

Registered User fiveliterbeater's Avatar
    wow......after reading this entire thread i feel pretty stupid now...

im the guy always trying to instigate subi guys to run in my evo....in my defense though...everytime im in my little slow maxima, the ones i come across like to show off all of the sudden by letting their BOV be heard or driving spiritly through the intersection....then when i have the evo out, nobody wants to play anymore....
    2006 EVO IX SE, 2000 Nissan Maxima SE, 2005 Altima 3.5 SE

if your "check engine" light isn't on, you're not driving hard enough!

No one with a blow off (read SHOW off ) valve is serious about anything.

There is a type of character that puts one of those valves on a car that runs WORSE with one installed. They're called Idiots and it doesn't surprise me that they want to show off to cars they know they can beat but wont with a comparable car.

Keep it to the track anyway. Its safer that way, none of us will have to read more stupid street racing obituaries.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post

There is a type of character that puts one of those valves on a car that runs WORSE with one installed. They're called Idiots and it doesn't surprise me that they want to show off to cars they know they can beat but wont with a comparable car.

Keep it to the track anyway. Its safer that way, none of us will have to read more stupid street racing obituaries.
    The only people I feel sorry for in street racing obits are the people who were innocent in the situation. Those in the car with the idiot doing the racing, or those who were crashed into by the idiot street racer.

With the racers themselves, I figure it's Darwin's theory in action, and I say good riddance, no pity will be seen from me.

This is why I'm so adament and militant about street racing. You're not just endangering yourself, you're endangering others, it's selfish, foolish, and ****ing retarded. I'd gladly give the next person who tries to do that **** around me or my family a good ass kicking.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    The only people I feel sorry for in street racing obits are the people who were innocent in the situation. Those in the car with the idiot doing the racing, or those who were crashed into by the idiot street racer.

With the racers themselves, I figure it's Darwin's theory in action, and I say good riddance, no pity will be seen from me.

This is why I'm so adament and militant about street racing. You're not just endangering yourself, you're endangering others, it's selfish, foolish, and ****ing retarded. I'd gladly give the next person who tries to do that **** around me or my family a good ass kicking.
    Agree'd.. well put man. There's almost always collateral damage though. Thats the sad part about it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick

They do still sell UTECs, you know
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Me too! The wild cards though, are those that are chatting away on their cellphones. They swerve, brake, & turn all without warning. Pisses me off.

On topic: I haven't had any solicitations to race in the last 3mos. I thought for sure I'd get some with my illegal window tint. I'm not complaining, just think it's weird. I'm thinking when spring hits, and all the hot rods are back on the road, I'll see more of that...
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Registered User deerkiller42002's Avatar
    + 1 for street racing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.