11 WRX V.s Ram SRT-10
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 11 WRX V.s Ram SRT-10 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Think my buddy is just a bad driver, but from 60 in third I beat him to 100, after that ...

11 WRX V.s Ram SRT-10

Think my buddy is just a bad driver, but from 60 in third I beat him to 100, after that he pulled away pretty handily, Im pretty sure I could take his truck to 80mph but that's about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Regular cab or quad cab truck?
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Regular cab or quad cab truck?
    It's a regular cab with manual trans, he can't put the power to the ground..

its pretty tough to put any power down in a truck with almost no weight over the rear axle and that much horsepower to the wheels. tell him to put some sandbags in the back of his truck next time, maybe he wont melt his tires

i had a 2005 toyota tacoma 4x4 with a k&n filter charger kit, 4" catback exhaust, and a TRD supercharger, and i couldnt really get any power down. i probably had at least 150 LESS horsepower than your buddys truck with a full camper shell setup.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Yea those Hemi's ramp up slowly especially if it isn't modded.

Quote Originally Posted by ItWRX4Me View Post
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ItWRX4Me View Post
    He's racing the SRT-10, with the Viper's 510hp V10.

My Hemi quad cab has no trouble roasting the 305/50/20s if I stand on it, but it does have a programmer that removes all torque limiting.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by vairox View Post
    Think my buddy is just a bad driver, but from 60 in third I beat him to 100, after that he pulled away pretty handily, Im pretty sure I could take his truck to 80mph but that's about it.
    what are your mods?
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I'm stock, its got 1200 miles on it now, think its ready for the first oil change as its dark as hell. I was thinking of getting the cobb ap and going stage 1 and it has launch control but the more I read the more I think the tranny won't hold up...these cars aren't made for that.

Those srt10 trucks are wicked fast. A buddy of mine has a 01 or 00 (not to sure on year) Ford 150 Harley Davidson truck with the 5.4L supercharged motor. We tried racing another friends srt10 while following him back from a car show and there was no comparison. Ford looked like it was sitting still, both are bone stock and daddys truck
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.