Got the guts to race an Evo X? ...On TV

This is a discussion on Got the guts to race an Evo X? ...On TV within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Talk is cheap if you canít bring it behind the wheel. Youíve seen the episodes of The Forum Wars presented ...

Got the guts to race an Evo X? ...On TV

Talk is cheap if you canít bring it behind the wheel. Youíve seen the episodes of The Forum Wars presented by Royal Purple, and youíve thought, ďI could do better than that!Ē Hereís your chance, as recruiting is set to begin for The Forum Wars Season 2.

Would you like to represent ClubWRX on the track in your STi? Are you willing and able to competitively run a ľ mile drag race, autocross style road course and a 0-100-0 competition against an Evo X from EvolutionM? We want you to compete on The Forum Wars Season 2 that will be filmed in Houston, Texas at the Royal Purple Raceway the weekend of Jan. 8, 2011.

Racers and fans of the inaugural season of The Forum Wars will experience better competition as the new season will include:

∑ ľ mile NHRA drag strip
    ∑ Improved road course design
    ∑ 0-100-0 racing
    ∑ Cars and drivers nominated and approved by the forums
    ∑ Additional track time for the drivers
    ∑ More evenly matched vehicles with similar mods and tires

This seasonís eight (8) episode series will be promoted on national television, SPEED, and posted and promoted all over the internet. To sweeten the deal, prizes will be awarded to participants from Royal Purple, Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Mothers Polish and more.

If you want to represent your forum on The Forum Wars Season 2, please reply to this post. Or, if you would like to nominate a ClubWRX member, you can submit his or her name.

We are looking forward to an improved and incredible season with a great day of competition and fun at the track! Donít wait to nominate! Nominations will close December 20th.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Damn if this wasn't in Texas I'd be in. I'd love to beat the balls off an evo x. lol

I'll bring my Turbo. Not a Subaru but it'll do ok.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

The last season of Forum Wars was pretty good. I thought the cars were pretty well matched and most of the time it came down to the driver.

They've done a 911 before, vs. a GTR if I remember correctly.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would race in my WRX.. but the engine is coming out again around that time for some new cams and adjust valve lash, so I guess once again my timing is off.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    The last season of Forum Wars was pretty good. I thought the cars were pretty well matched and most of the time it came down to the driver.

They've done a 911 before, vs. a GTR if I remember correctly.
    Well if they were up for it, I think it would be time to upgrade the exhaust and ECU to push the HP/TQ well over 600 for both.

The GTR requires a turbo upgrade to go past those numbers, but I don't.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading