09 wrx vs. Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 wrx vs. Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm driving to work this morning, and right next to me there is a mistubishi 3000gt. I notice that ...

09 wrx vs. Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

So I'm driving to work this morning, and right next to me there is a mistubishi 3000gt. I notice that there are the words "twin turbo" on the window and its a vr-4. When I get to work I look up the numbers and holy crap...it had 319hp and 315lb-ft of torque! I didn't realize they had so much power...question is did it help at all?

How were their numbers and what would happen in a standard drag race (stock to stock) and could they go around the turns at speed too?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    A guy in my high school had one with a built block and bigger turbos. He took me on an onramp once and laid into the gas, it was terrifying and awesome at the same time. They had Active All Wheel Steering as well.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    So I'm driving to work this morning, and right next to me there is a mistubishi 3000gt. I notice that there are the words "twin turbo" on the window and its a vr-4. When I get to work I look up the numbers and holy crap...it had 319hp and 315lb-ft of torque! I didn't realize they had so much power...question is did it help at all?

How were their numbers and what would happen in a standard drag race (stock to stock) and could they go around the turns at speed too?
    Don't mess with those cars, it's a sleeper.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are 3000GTs still running?!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I know the one at my high school blew up in spectacular fashion and his dad spent 10gs putting it back together again.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

There are MITSUBISHIS still running?!
    correction.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    So much of the car is so ambitious and so over-thought that it is under-implemented IMO. I am frightened of everything under the front cover of that motor.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That motor (6G72 in the Stealth/3000GT/GTO) had a lot of potential for big power, albeit it was based on older technology. Whereas the other big 3.0L TT motors of the time (i.e. Supra -2JZ and 300zx -VG30DETT) were teeming with new technology. I've seen some Dodge Stealth R/Ts run well into the 11s in the 1/4 mile with basic bolt-ons.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

One of my friends had 1 of those and that thing broke down everyother week... just like the dsm's, but they can be made very fast....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post

One of my friends had 1 of those and that thing broke down everyother week... just like the dsm's, but they can be made very fast....
    There's a DSM broken down on the shoulder of 270 (been there fore about a week). I laugh every time I pass

Facebook me here

they wanted it to be a super car. it ended being over weight and sub par. at 3800lbs+ it was a boat. it's all wheel steering was useless and the active suspension failed just as hard. the engine had potential if your pockets were deep enough as it falls into the dreaded dsm family of unreliability.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    There's a DSM broken down on the shoulder of 270 (been there fore about a week). I laugh every time I pass
    Yeah...lol I went to the junk yard a while back and there were 5 rows of them all with the engine and transmissions missing...lol the same friend had 1 of the lasers and it only ran maybe 2 months out of the 3 years he had it...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Yeah...lol I went to the junk yard a while back and there were 5 rows of them all with the engine and transmissions missing...lol the same friend had 1 of the lasers and it only ran maybe 2 months out of the 3 years he had it...
    Wait, just saw the DSM getting towed today. I guess one week wasn't enough time to get it running lmao

Sent from my Droid using the "I don't give a ****" app

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Wait, just saw the DSM getting towed today. I guess one week wasn't enough time to get it running lmao

Sent from my Droid using the "I don't give a ****" app

he probally just realized it was a lost cause and gave up on it... like people who own the old Ford Taurus' and on its 5th transmission so they just put it down like a rabid dog...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    As concepts and as ideas, and as a collection of technologies and approaches the cars were brilliant. It's just that they did not age well at all, and the dealer network at the time did not help matters.

When Daimler bought Chrysler they did two things: told everyone in the US that Chrysler bought Daimler instead, and tried to fix the dealer network. The irony there is that those of us with Plymouth or Eagle badges got much, much better service from DaimlerChrysler dealers than the Mitsu guys from Mitsu dealers.

I'd buy a DSM or 3000/Stealth made by Honda. Then again I'd buy most things made by Honda (life's short after all).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast