what's the point? - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 115

This is a discussion on what's the point? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR I've got some ephedrine in me as we speak (but no asthma; I just use the ...

  1. #76
    Registered User Graham46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Harford County, MD
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I've got some ephedrine in me as we speak (but no asthma; I just use the pills).
    my boss has been using it for years. He said bodybuilders mix it with caffeine and aspirin for the best workouts... a "stack" as he calls it.
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

    www.grahamsnodgrass.com

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #77
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,988
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I'm just saying that if you're going to make a rule that equal enforcement of it should be applied. Don't say you're going to watch for activity against the law and then choose to only see what you dislike.
    OTOH there are those that point out emissions mods are illegal, so it's not like those are ignored. Also, as much as everyone would like to think mod1 = mod2 and so on, and that everyone moderating is unbiased, everyone is just human and everyone has opinions, life experiences, etc. I don't see the forum going anywhere any more than I see this discussion reaching an agreement by everyone involved. Every few years there's a long chat like this, and the cycle seems to repeat. Again, I for one will go with the flow -- but I'll also voice my views within the limitations of the rules of the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham46 View Post
    my boss has been using it for years. He said bodybuilders mix it with caffeine and aspirin for the best workouts... a "stack" as he calls it.
    I'm no BB but I am trying to stretch my legs a bit this AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  4. #78
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    18,123
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I'm just saying that if you're going to make a rule that equal enforcement of it should be applied. Don't say you're going to watch for activity against the law and then choose to only see what you dislike.
    Quite honestly your "legal card" argument is a false dilemma.

    And you didn't answer the question... Do you think there should be no limitations what so ever? If you think there should be some boundaries, where would you put them? Or are you just out to throw stones at people?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  5. #79
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,865
    I Support ClubWRX
    Street racing is like masturbation.

    Just because it may be a common practice, that doesn't make it necessary to talk about on a car forum...
    Last edited by EJ257; 10-13-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  6. #80
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,939
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Quite honestly your "legal card" argument is a false dilemma.

    And you didn't answer the question... Do you think there should be no limitations what so ever? If you think there should be some boundaries, where would you put them? Or are you just out to throw stones at people?
    Why is it false, because you don't see it as something that should be enforced? I was just saying it we're going to play the legal card, we should stick to it uniformly. I guess expecting fair to be fair across the board is a joke here?

    I'm not out to throw stones, I'm arguing because I care about this forum. Evidently that irritates some people around here.

    As for your question, we've rolled without much in terms of rules and moderation here in the past, that's whats made this part of this dying forum somewhat entertaining.

  7. #81
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    I think this is what BrianH is referring to when he says we don't want this sub-forum going "NASIOC". BTW, this thread is a great (and long read), but the OP in this link is, of course, a tool...

    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1861049
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  8. #82
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Why is it false, because you don't see it as something that should be enforced? I was just saying it we're going to play the legal card, we should stick to it uniformly. I guess expecting fair to be fair across the board is a joke here?

    I'm not out to throw stones, I'm arguing because I care about this forum. Evidently that irritates some people around here.

    As for your question, we've rolled without much in terms of rules and moderation here in the past, that's whats made this part of this dying forum somewhat entertaining.
    Actually, you are arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

    I don't know where you've been if you think the forum has rolled along smooth for the last 9 years. Moderating this place and making sure it runs smooth has been a friggen roller coaster. I also don't know what happened to your memory. You've opposed the leaderships choices time and time again. It's ok though, you're entitled to. You've predicted the fall of the forum time and time again because we didn't see your point of view. Perhaps there could be more than one way to look at it?

  9. #83
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,939
    This forum == this specific sub forum, I can't recall much happening over the years in this forum versus the others here.

    I've opposed and given input on far more than leadership changes, I've given suggestions on how to make it better and have gone back and forth with Tim on how to generate traffic and growth. Then again, I don't have much experience with this whole internet thing, so take it fwiw.

    I don't recall how many times i've predicted the fall of this forum, you seem to recall better than I so maybe you can answer that. Going by anything other than member number(A counter) should illustrate pretty clearly that this pulse is slowing here. Look at the vendor forum, about half of those sub-forums haven't seen traffic this month.


    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Actually, you are arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

    I don't know where you've been if you think the forum has rolled along smooth for the last 9 years. Moderating this place and making sure it runs smooth has been a friggen roller coaster. I also don't know what happened to your memory. You've opposed the leaderships choices time and time again. It's ok though, your entitled to. You've predicted the fall of the forum time and time again because we didn't see your point of view. Perhaps there could be more than one way to look at it?

  10. #84
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    This forum == this specific sub forum, I can't recall much happening over the years in this forum versus the others here.

    I've opposed and given input on far more than leadership changes, I've given suggestions on how to make it better and have gone back and forth with Tim on how to generate traffic and growth. Then again, I don't have much experience with this whole internet thing, so take it fwiw.

    I don't recall how many times i've predicted the fall of this forum, you seem to recall better than I so maybe you can answer that. Going by anything other than member number(A counter) should illustrate pretty clearly that this pulse is slowing here. Look at the vendor forum, about half of those sub-forums haven't seen traffic this month.
    If your going to point out site traffic, look at the subforum you're arguing about. The first page of threads contains 2 months worth of traffic. It's very much like the beloved McDonalds Mc Rib. While a few like it, it's not the staple of our traffic.

  11. #85
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Skittle kills are always welcome though

    (joking...)
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  12. #86
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    18,123
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Why is it false, because you don't see it as something that should be enforced? I was just saying it we're going to play the legal card, we should stick to it uniformly. I guess expecting fair to be fair across the board is a joke here?

    I'm not out to throw stones, I'm arguing because I care about this forum. Evidently that irritates some people around here.

    As for your question, we've rolled without much in terms of rules and moderation here in the past, that's whats made this part of this dying forum somewhat entertaining.
    * It's false because you are basically arguing that there are only two options, all or nothing. That is a false dilemma because there are in fact other options available.

    * Fair across the board sounds nice but the definition of that is subjective.

    * You know well that the fact that you care and that you may disagree with some here is likely not what anyone finds irritating. If anyone finds anything you've posted irritating, perhaps it's the implied accusations or snide remarks that you find necessary to include with some of your concerns.

    *I believe you know that I value your input, opinion and the fact the you do actually care about the club. Couldn't you have just skipped some of the acrimony about moderators (who honestly are just trying to do the right thing) and gotten quicker to the point you were trying to make that you believe there should be no moderation or limits on street racing in this forum?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  13. #87
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    So under the current rules of the road for this sub-forum, the thread "Dude!" about the guy who raced his buddy's SI shouldn't have been closed, IMHO.

    It happened after the fact (ie, no planning), he posted no videos, and there were no insulting or provocative posts.

    Was it locked because of the excessive speeds involved or just because it happened in an everyday encounter setting?

    If the race was just a short stoplight run up to 3rd gear would it have still been locked?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

  14. #88
    Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Late Devonian
    Posts
    13,326
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post


    Forget what the community thinks, someone's not agreeing with me and I'm the ultimate authority. SMASH *thump*thump* that'll teach em. Did you say that out loud while chanting *I Have the power*? What a joke.
    You seem to be really confused as to what is actually going on here. No one agrees with you! None of the mods, none of the admin, and none of the owner.

    You also seem to be taking this personally - I am not.

    I am not a power tripper. I'm getting sick of dealing with BS that seems to make me look like one to someone I respect (you) though. So close it for all I care at this point. Or go on throwing tantrums when I decide to close a thread. I really don't care anymore I'm just going to do what I think I am supposed to be doing and continue accepting advise from people who are being rational.

    Yes, Pavia is right. I could be closing many more threads if I was the person you are pigeonholing me as.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

  15. #89
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycologist
    pigeonholing
    Eewwww

  16. #90
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    It's all good. This is a good conversation here.

    We do need to decide if it is acceptable to post reasonable stories here though...

    Now reasonable does not mean meeting the legal requirements of the traffic laws, but certainly we can exclude racing from a roll to triple digits or cutting off rush hour traffic. The rest is for the masses.

    I also think we really need to limit access to this sub-forum to people with 100 to 200 post counts. It does help keep the trouble makers out and protect against lurkers. I think the great Admin in the sky can do this...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •