Have a 09 WRX...Looking at 370Zs - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Have a 09 WRX...Looking at 370Zs within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by A265 I agree with this, security is great. BUT you only live once. You've put effort in ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by A265 View Post
    I agree with this, security is great. BUT you only live once. You've put effort in security, why not have a bit of fun after. Buy your 911. Of course putting food on the table and having a roof over your head should always come first.
    You're right that it's a balance. No worries, I intend to have my fun one way or the other.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm not a huge fan of the American muscle car (except Corvette or Viper) but I haven't really looked at the new stuff that much. Might be worth the research and if it would be something I'm interested in. I had thought about a used 911 (my dream car). They kind of worry me getting used though. Are they still reliable in the 35K range? M3s are great cars too all though I'm looking for something a little more exotic looking.

As far as my finances, I still have a year of payments on my WRX which is definitely a factor. I might wait until I get that paid off. Currently I am at the South Pole for work but will only be here another month. I will be moving to Tampa in January and I would definitely look into buying a home but I'm not sure if I will be there any longer than 3 years. I don't really want to commit to a home (especially in the FL housing market) if I will need to sell in a couple years. I have all my debt paid off except for the WRX.
    Last edited by White_Pearl_82; 10-05-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    2009 WRX Premium Satin White Pearl
    Engine/Transmission mods:
    Stage 2 Cobb AP, STI Short Throw Shifter, STI Shift Knob, Perrin Downpipe, SPT Catback Exhaust, Perrin Shifter Bushings
    Suspension/Wheels mods:
    Perrin 25mm adjustable front swaybar and 22mm adjustable rear swaybar, Perrin front and rear endlinks

...and there is the issue of being aboard a ship for 2.5 years (I'm a commissioned officer for NOAA), and then going to the South Pole for a year, money starts burning a hole in my pocket. I have way too much time to drool over cars on the internet down here lol. My mind might definitely change about getting another car when I get settled in and realize there is lots of other stuff I will have to spend money on when I'm back in real life.
    Stage 2 Cobb AP, STI Short Throw Shifter, STI Shift Knob, Perrin Downpipe, SPT Catback Exhaust, Perrin Shifter Bushings
    Suspension/Wheels mods:
    Perrin 25mm adjustable front swaybar and 22mm adjustable rear swaybar, Perrin front and rear endlinks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I honestly don't know anyone with their house paid off, that has an interest in a youthful car like a 370Z. I think a lot of people overextend to get a nice stable of cars.

(not speaking of the OP, just generalizing based on my own particular set of financial values)
    I know two people with 370 Z's, one is 61 the other is in his 50's.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I know two people with 370 Z's, one is 61 the other is in his 50's.
    How bout that.
    I stand corrected. Stereotypes are always dangerous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

My father owns an '06 STI and has a 2009 370Z, and he stores the 370 from November to March. He loves both cars, because of how differently he can drive in each one. As i envy him everyday, i would say its a good combo The 370Z in blue is GORGEOUS.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

I love my 370z. You don't see very many around and I'm always the only one when I take it to the track. With auto-x it dominates in B-stock ( it's category) and will even post similar times as the cars in the classes above it. They guy in our local SCCA group has a GTR and I'm usually right on his heels with my 370z. As a track car it would be great but even as a DD it would be good too. You'll definetly want to do exhaust mod on the car as it's too quiet stock; plus you get an additional 15 hp and 11 tq.

I would hold off on the Nismo unless you really like the body kit they give it. The Nismo is just a base Z with body kit and wheels. Sure it has 350hp but you can easily get a touring/sport Z and add exhaust and have the same hp for less money.

Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
    I love my 370z. You don't see very many around and I'm always the only one when I take it to the track. With auto-x it dominates in B-stock ( it's category) and will even post similar times as the cars in the classes above it. They guy in our local SCCA group has a GTR and I'm usually right on his heels with my 370z. As a track car it would be great but even as a DD it would be good too. You'll definetly want to do exhaust mod on the car as it's too quiet stock; plus you get an additional 15 hp and 11 tq.

I would hold off on the Nismo unless you really like the body kit they give it. The Nismo is just a base Z with body kit and wheels. Sure it has 350hp but you can easily get a touring/sport Z and add exhaust and have the same hp for less money.
    Thanks for the two cents. I do really like the NISMO body kit but I think I'm with you on the value aspect of it. Seems that the Sport/Base or Sport/Touring actual performance is basically the same. I'm really on the fence about it but it will be a while before (and if) I get one yet. From what I've read though the 370Z is really a fantastic handling car.
    Suspension/Wheels mods:

Although it's good that we're all looking out for each other and what not. It's his money, let him spend it as he pleases. He's a grown ass man for Christ's sake.

As far as the 370z, it's definitely a great car. The exterior(tails and headlights only) need to grow on me. But the interior on that car is pure sex. RWD, perfectly tuned weight balance front and rear and can easily be modded.

Quote Originally Posted by mista jc View Post
    Although it's good that we're all looking out for each other and what not. It's his money, let him spend it as he pleases. He's a grown ass man for Christ's sake.
    Of course he is, and he should absolutely buy whatever car he wants. The OP asked for advice, and that's exactly what he got. I'm sure he learned a thing or two from this thread, and by the sounds of things nobody had a compelling enough argument to dissuade him from purchasing the 350z he wants.

Win-win.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mista jc View Post
    How do you know it's his money? How do you know that he's a grown man?
    Most importantly, how do you know that it's for Christ's sake?

I'm actually a 9-year-old girl named Samantha, btw.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

No need for everyone to fight over the advice given. It's all well received. There are good points on both sides. Could the money be better used? Yes of course. I'm still fairly young (28 this Nov) so I'm sure it would be better to stash the money and save for a down payment on a home but I have no idea when I will be in position to buy a home. Could be in a couple years, or it could be 10+ years. But I believe that even with having a car payment, I will still be able to put money in savings.

Anyways...back to the cars. I was looking at the prices on USAA car finder and you can get a little over 8k off MSRP of a new 2010 Corvette. Still puts it a little on the high side of my budget but it looks like there are good used deals to be had too. Appears that 30k can get you a 3-4 year old Vette with pretty low miles. Good performance for the money there.
    Last edited by White_Pearl_82; 10-06-2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Suspension/Wheels mods:

I would agree with the vette, unlike the STI market, they have a more middle-aged average ownership so you know it won't be drag raced or modded heavily.

Dude.....370z Nismo all the way

I test drove a 370z about a year ago before i decided to get my rex. The 370 drives like a dream and the rev matching feature is pretty cool. I went with the rex cuz i needed the space and it seems a little more practical for a daily driver. If it is a weekend car you want, the 370z would be a sweet one to get. i love the blue with the orange interior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.