anyone race a 2010 MS3
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on anyone race a 2010 MS3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; any 09 or 10 WRX's race a speed3, want to know how we stand against them from a roll...

anyone race a 2010 MS3

any 09 or 10 WRX's race a speed3, want to know how we stand against them from a roll

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Rape. Both before and after I went Stg 2.

Which car got raped, the ms3 or the wrx?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I destroyed an 08 from a friendly red light go. There is a kid around me with a 2010 he always wants to race I just ignore him he says an intake gave him 50hp and that he smoked a brand new m3. Lol

the ms3 of course.

STINK-EYE MOB #15 ||

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    My 20G WRX was dead even with a modded stock turbo OG MS3.

on paper the new rex has a signicantly faster 0-60 time and is faster in the quarter mile. Motor Trend did a a comparsion on the hatchs in april issue. In the end you still need a decent driver mod.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Magazine racing is stupid. In many cases, those quarter mile times are posted by some guy who has never driven the car in his life; he does not know the power band, doesn't have a feel for the clutch, you get the picture. Let's see someone post some actual quarter mile times. I imagine that the result may surprise you -- the MS3 has more torque, less weight, and less drivetrain loss.

Oh, and by now you probably know how I feel about "0-60" times
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Magazine racing is stupid. In many cases, those quarter mile times are posted by some guy who has never driven the car in his life; he does not know the power band, doesn't have a feel for the clutch, you get the picture. Let's see someone post some actual quarter mile times. I imagine that the result may surprise you -- the MS3 has more torque, less weight, and less drivetrain loss.

Oh, and by now you probably know how I feel about "0-60" times
    Also less traction, and more shifting. In my opinion, WRX wins from a dig, MS3 wins from a roll. But that's usually how it goes. What makes you think that magazine drivers can't get good times? They drive hundreds of cars every year, they probably have some idea about how to launch a car and spend some time getting to know the vehicles they write about. And wouldn't they be more accurate for comparison purposes (same track, weather, altitude, etc...). I don't know the answer, maybe im wrong

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    What makes you think that magazine drivers can't get good times? They drive hundreds of cars every year, they probably have some idea about how to launch a car and spend some time getting to know the vehicles they write about
    Maybe, but every car is different and has a different feel. Optimizing your shift points to the specific power band shave a half a second from your quarter mile times. Simply waiting until the redline to shift may be less efficient. As you said, these people drive hundreds of cars each year, so they don't have a lengthy amount of time to get a feel for the car. I believe Edmunds tested the 2004 STi at a 13.8 second quarter mile. We have seen people with stock 2004 STis break the 13 second barrier. It's all in the launch and driving dynamics.

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Maybe, but every car is different and has a different feel. Optimizing your shift points to the specific power band shave a half a second from your quarter mile times. Simply waiting until the redline to shift may be less efficient. As you said, these people drive hundreds of cars each year, so they don't have a lengthy amount of time to get a feel for the car. I believe Edmunds tested the 2004 STi at a 13.8 second quarter mile. We have seen people with stock 2004 STis break the 13 second barrier. It's all in the launch and driving dynamics.
    I absolutely agree with that, I don't think that they deliver the best times for the vehicle they are testing but for comparison purposes it's probably pretty accurate. If they test, say, a WRX and a MS3, and the WRX is quickest in their test through the quarter mile, I would bet that in real world driving, although the times would not be the same, the outcome would.

I just bought my rex two weeks ago so I haven't had much chance to race. I beat a stock RSX-S at a stop light but that isn't a big deal. I honestly haven't seen any MS3's around where I live.

One thing to consider is what you mean by 'from a roll.' From a roll at 5 , 30, 60? and to what speed. It is probably a consensus that the rex has the advantage off the line. But both cars improve the time to 60 from a roll. It is just simple physics. So which car has better gearing for going from a given initial speed up to the chosen cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    I just bought my rex two weeks ago so I haven't had much chance to race. I beat a stock RSX-S at a stop light but that isn't a big deal. I honestly haven't seen any MS3's around where I live.

One thing to consider is what you mean by 'from a roll.' From a roll at 5 , 30, 60? and to what speed. It is probably a consensus that the rex has the advantage off the line. But both cars improve the time to 60 from a roll. It is just simple physics. So which car has better gearing for going from a given initial speed up to the chosen cut off.
    I would say, although I'm just guessing, that the MS3 beats the WRX from a roll at any speed. Based on weight/torque ratio and a 6 speed gearbox.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    But both cars improve the time to 60 from a roll. It is just simple physics.
    Though counterintuitive, this is actually not true. From a roll (or street-start as most magazines call it), 5-60 sprints tend to take longer than 0-60 sprints for well-anchored cars like the WRX. This is actually due to the way that the torque is delivered to the ground. Take, for example, my 2003 WRX. 0-60 was billed between 5.6-5.8 seconds for a stock car. However, a street-start 5-60 sprint took around 6.2-6.5 seconds. Keep in mind (when drag racing) that no one launches from 750 RPM; there's a reason for this.

Facebook me here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast