anyone race a 2010 MS3
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

This is a discussion on anyone race a 2010 MS3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; any 09 or 10 WRX's race a speed3, want to know how we stand against them from a roll...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    35

    anyone race a 2010 MS3

    any 09 or 10 WRX's race a speed3, want to know how we stand against them from a roll

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User subarutecint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    3
    Rape. Both before and after I went Stg 2.

  4. #3
    Registered User 06scoobyrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    2,606
    Which car got raped, the ms3 or the wrx?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

  5. #4
    Registered User 09whiterex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    IE
    Posts
    91
    I destroyed an 08 from a friendly red light go. There is a kid around me with a 2010 he always wants to race I just ignore him he says an intake gave him 50hp and that he smoked a brand new m3. Lol

  6. #5
    Registered User subarutecint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    3
    the ms3 of course.

  7. #6
    Registered User BenS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    90
    STINK-EYE MOB #15 ||

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    My 20G WRX was dead even with a modded stock turbo OG MS3.

  9. #8
    Registered User rockman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    95
    on paper the new rex has a signicantly faster 0-60 time and is faster in the quarter mile. Motor Trend did a a comparsion on the hatchs in april issue. In the end you still need a decent driver mod.

  10. #9
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,158
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Magazine racing is stupid. In many cases, those quarter mile times are posted by some guy who has never driven the car in his life; he does not know the power band, doesn't have a feel for the clutch, you get the picture. Let's see someone post some actual quarter mile times. I imagine that the result may surprise you -- the MS3 has more torque, less weight, and less drivetrain loss.


    Oh, and by now you probably know how I feel about "0-60" times
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  11. #10
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Magazine racing is stupid. In many cases, those quarter mile times are posted by some guy who has never driven the car in his life; he does not know the power band, doesn't have a feel for the clutch, you get the picture. Let's see someone post some actual quarter mile times. I imagine that the result may surprise you -- the MS3 has more torque, less weight, and less drivetrain loss.


    Oh, and by now you probably know how I feel about "0-60" times
    Also less traction, and more shifting. In my opinion, WRX wins from a dig, MS3 wins from a roll. But that's usually how it goes. What makes you think that magazine drivers can't get good times? They drive hundreds of cars every year, they probably have some idea about how to launch a car and spend some time getting to know the vehicles they write about. And wouldn't they be more accurate for comparison purposes (same track, weather, altitude, etc...). I don't know the answer, maybe im wrong

  12. #11
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,158
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    What makes you think that magazine drivers can't get good times? They drive hundreds of cars every year, they probably have some idea about how to launch a car and spend some time getting to know the vehicles they write about
    Maybe, but every car is different and has a different feel. Optimizing your shift points to the specific power band shave a half a second from your quarter mile times. Simply waiting until the redline to shift may be less efficient. As you said, these people drive hundreds of cars each year, so they don't have a lengthy amount of time to get a feel for the car. I believe Edmunds tested the 2004 STi at a 13.8 second quarter mile. We have seen people with stock 2004 STis break the 13 second barrier. It's all in the launch and driving dynamics.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  13. #12
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Maybe, but every car is different and has a different feel. Optimizing your shift points to the specific power band shave a half a second from your quarter mile times. Simply waiting until the redline to shift may be less efficient. As you said, these people drive hundreds of cars each year, so they don't have a lengthy amount of time to get a feel for the car. I believe Edmunds tested the 2004 STi at a 13.8 second quarter mile. We have seen people with stock 2004 STis break the 13 second barrier. It's all in the launch and driving dynamics.
    I absolutely agree with that, I don't think that they deliver the best times for the vehicle they are testing but for comparison purposes it's probably pretty accurate. If they test, say, a WRX and a MS3, and the WRX is quickest in their test through the quarter mile, I would bet that in real world driving, although the times would not be the same, the outcome would.

  14. #13
    Registered User metaldahlberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    813
    I just bought my rex two weeks ago so I haven't had much chance to race. I beat a stock RSX-S at a stop light but that isn't a big deal. I honestly haven't seen any MS3's around where I live.

    One thing to consider is what you mean by 'from a roll.' From a roll at 5 , 30, 60? and to what speed. It is probably a consensus that the rex has the advantage off the line. But both cars improve the time to 60 from a roll. It is just simple physics. So which car has better gearing for going from a given initial speed up to the chosen cut off.

  15. #14
    Registered User jd92677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    2,136
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    I just bought my rex two weeks ago so I haven't had much chance to race. I beat a stock RSX-S at a stop light but that isn't a big deal. I honestly haven't seen any MS3's around where I live.

    One thing to consider is what you mean by 'from a roll.' From a roll at 5 , 30, 60? and to what speed. It is probably a consensus that the rex has the advantage off the line. But both cars improve the time to 60 from a roll. It is just simple physics. So which car has better gearing for going from a given initial speed up to the chosen cut off.
    I would say, although I'm just guessing, that the MS3 beats the WRX from a roll at any speed. Based on weight/torque ratio and a 6 speed gearbox.

  16. #15
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    13,158
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    But both cars improve the time to 60 from a roll. It is just simple physics.
    Though counterintuitive, this is actually not true. From a roll (or street-start as most magazines call it), 5-60 sprints tend to take longer than 0-60 sprints for well-anchored cars like the WRX. This is actually due to the way that the torque is delivered to the ground. Take, for example, my 2003 WRX. 0-60 was billed between 5.6-5.8 seconds for a stock car. However, a street-start 5-60 sprint took around 6.2-6.5 seconds. Keep in mind (when drag racing) that no one launches from 750 RPM; there's a reason for this.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •