05-08ish mustang GT vs blobeye sti (did not participate)

This is a discussion on 05-08ish mustang GT vs blobeye sti (did not participate) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the other day at a stop light I noticed a mustang gt rush past everyone to get to the light ...

05-08ish mustang GT vs blobeye sti (did not participate)

the other day at a stop light I noticed a mustang gt rush past everyone to get to the light next to an 04 or 05 sti. the GT had tints so Im not sure if he had a passenger but the sti had a girl in the car.

so I crossed my fingers hoping they punched it. light turned green and of course they did, the sti destroyed the GT but the race was rather short. maybe to 60 before they cut off.

I know it wasnt an 09 or 10 gt because of the taillights. good kill for the sti but Im wondering how they would hold up to the new 5.0

if any of you STIs race one let me know how it goes. but take it to the track!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cmaj7th View Post
    the other day at a stop light I noticed a mustang gt rush past everyone to get to the light next to an 04 or 05 sti. the GT had tints so Im not sure if he had a passenger but the sti had a girl in the car.

so I crossed my fingers hoping they punched it. light turned green and of course they did, the sti destroyed the GT but the race was rather short. maybe to 60 before they cut off.

I know it wasnt an 09 or 10 gt because of the taillights. good kill for the sti but Im wondering how they would hold up to the new 5.0

if any of you STIs race one let me know how it goes. but take it to the track!
    Going by the numbers, the GT would be up by a few thenths in the quarter but looking at trap speeds, the GT would just keep pulling away after that. But then again, thats straight line. Of course there's always driver error and throw a few turns in there and its a much closer race, maybe even a win for the STI

I would not agree with street racing and recommend keeping it at the track. Having said that there is know way a sti is going to beat a new 5.0. The new stang records a 4.4 time to 0-60 and 12.7 to the quarter mile. it's a totally different beast then the old 4.6 and quite frankly is not much slower than a shelby gt 500 for a lot less money. It handles a lot better then the old stang also. Two very different cars but that sti is still going to be superior out in the twisties. Personally as much I love the new mustang I just can not get past how amzing a car the sti is overall. I would love to have a one minus the wing.

not really related to this post but the new gt's still aren't a true 5.0. there actually a 4.9 read it in one of the car mags at some point. forgot which one though

the new 5.0 is a heck of alot of car for the money. they compared it to the m3 and it lost around the track by .1 seconds. the driver said the mustang was more fun to drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOwSPccbzl4

yeah yeah yeah, but its a mustang...always will be a mustang

it has a solid live rear axle, is it still 1969?

M3 over that pile any day
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    yeah yeah yeah, but its a mustang...always will be a mustang

it has a solid live rear axle, is it still 1969?

M3 over that pile any day
    I agree 100%. A new m3 is worlds above a new mustang gt in my books. The new 5.0 is fast though, no doubt. Then again, a new cobalt ss/tc gets the same 1/4 mile times and trap speed with a DP, intake, and tune. It also gets like 40mpg while doing that, in my opinion its about the best bang for your buck car on the market which is why i will be making payments on one soon. New stang... no thanks.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

no the old gt is a 4.9 the new gt is a 5.0. I would not refer to it as a pile. It handles quite well for a muscle car and is 2/10 of second faster in the quarter then your m3. Pretty hard to judge regardless of the live axle unless you have driven both cars. Each to your own. Tell what you buy the m3 and All take the stang for half the price and still have money left over for another wrx.

4.6?

No Brian. Before the new 5.0 the stang had a modular 4.6. I was reffering to the post that stated that the new 5.0 is actually a 4.9. He was wrong. the originally 5.0 was actually a 4.9 but they called it a 5.0. I have had mustangs since
    I was a teenager and worked on them a good part of that time.
    the new 5.o is a totally different motor then the old 5.0. the orginal 5.0 ended it's career in 95 with 215 hp stock ( not a cobra) and they went with the 4.6 till this year. The new 5.0 produces 412 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by silverautorex View Post
    not really related to this post but the new gt's still aren't a true 5.0. there actually a 4.9 read it in one of the car mags at some point. forgot which one though
    You have it backwards buddy.