2011 WRX VS 05 RSX Supercharged
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX VS 05 RSX Supercharged within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey, I currently have a 2005 RSX S with LSD, header, exhuast, CT Supercharger @ 8PSI. Been thinking of getting ...

2011 WRX VS 05 RSX Supercharged

Hey,

I currently have a 2005 RSX S with LSD, header, exhuast, CT Supercharger @ 8PSI.

Been thinking of getting something new. How does the WRX compare to my current RSX?? Just looking for some opinions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome... post some picks of your rsx...
    Are you asking in terms of power, acceleration, handeling, or driveability?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

asking about all you listed pretty much...

Here she is, stock on the outside

<BR>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2477m3f_20.jpeg   4906acb_20.jpeg  

I haven't driven a '11 WRX so I can't really say. I'm sure those who have will chime in. But nice sleeper and BOM ftw.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

I Support ClubWRX
    Love the car; tasteful and balanced.

Go drive a WRX; that's going to be the best way for you to know how they compare. It would be interesting to see a dyno graph of your SC'd engine to compare to a stocker 2010 WRX dyno, to see how the powerbands differ. Do you know how much you're putting down?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Here it is, from a mustang dyno...how does that compare to a stock WRX??

you comparing to a new wrx or something like the bugeye? if the bugeye, you should beat it no problem
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

was more interested in how I compare to a brand new 2011 WRX

Not sure of the exact numbers of the '11, but I think your rsx has it by a little in hp, but the WRX has you by quite a bit on torque. At the crank, they are 265hp and 244tq

Basically just chop your dyno at 6500 rpm and that'll be similar max power. However, the WRX will deliver more power sooner from idle till then, and the torque will be no contest.

Top end power can be remedied easily, though you'll never spin to 8k!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

putting down that kind of power w/ a FWD will be a distant memory when you drive a WRX. no more torque steer

great looking RSX by the way!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

well I finnally went and tested out a 2011 WRX...i must say it had a nice sound to it. But other then that I was kinda disapointed. It went fairly well, but not as well as I would have hoped. Wasn't impressed by the interior either. It was ok, but not as nice as I hoped....

Quote Originally Posted by whoishomer View Post
    well I finnally went and tested out a 2011 WRX...i must say it had a nice sound to it. But other then that I was kinda disapointed. It went fairly well, but not as well as I would have hoped. Wasn't impressed by the interior either. It was ok, but not as nice as I hoped....
    You were never clear about what u were looking for... we could have told you about the interior/speakers sucking The interior doesn't bug me but the speakers do. A stage 1 tune on a 2009 + WRX really fixes the powerband and makes it a quicker car.

what does the stage 1 tune involve/cost?

Quote Originally Posted by whoishomer View Post
    what does the stage 1 tune involve/cost?
    You can buy a COBB access tuner for $600, it plugs into the OBDII port, super easy and gives you a good amount of power, somewhere in the neighborhood of 15hp and 20tq. You have to remember when it comes to the interior, you're really buying a $17k impreza with a beefed up motor, so you get a $17k interior with nicer seats. I was actually impressed with the interior for as inexpensive a vehicle as it is. It's been a while since I've been in the RSX but other than leather seats in the type S my girlfriend had, I don't remember the interior being that much better, but thats only my opinion. Then again, I didn't buy it for the interior

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.