2011 WRX VS 05 RSX Supercharged - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX VS 05 RSX Supercharged within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Something about an Acura that isn't quite luxury and isn't much of a sports car besides the redline that turns ...

Something about an Acura that isn't quite luxury and isn't much of a sports car besides the redline that turns me off. I'd rock a type-s as a daily but that's it....actually I lied I'd rather have a tsx but basically the same thing. Just buy a wrx. When you break it hit me up and I'll fix it for you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i think im sold on switching to a wrx. the only thing is that my dc5 has 70,000 miles and the only wrx's i can find in my price range have around 100,000 miles ($10,500). i hope these cars dont need a lot of maintenance
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro
    D1GP/Formula Drift/JDM Allstars/Just Drift

If you buy one that's been properly maintained from the begining, the maintenance costs shouldn't be any higher that any other car. As with any used car, I would make sure to bring it up to date on all maintenance items before doing anything else
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
    well i think im sold on switching to a wrx. the only thing is that my dc5 has 70,000 miles and the only wrx's i can find in my price range have around 100,000 miles ($10,500). i hope these cars dont need a lot of maintenance
    Depends on what you find. With that kind of mileage it would be due for a timing belt and tensioner. Judging how I see most wrx's come in too I'd would also assume the 90k service hasn't been done. I wouldn't have a problem buying something with high mileage because I can get parts cheaper and the know how to fix it when it breaks. If I were you I'd save a little more money and buy something with lower mileage.

I had 07 civic si CT-E stg2. i had lot more things done to the car than you but under the hood pretty much the same. And i recently traded that in for 2011 wrx hatch as my avator shows. Compared to my old civic idk about you but I love the wrx way better and theres no questions about it. I also realized how much I put down to make it a little faster than my wrx. Subarus dont need all that much investments to break 300whp mark. If you care so much about how interior looks and stuff you need luxury cars. WRX or even other brand with sporty cars they focus more on touch points places where youre gonna be touching most of the time. Your steering wheel, shift knob, and padels are your touch points. But these are all my imo.
    2011 WRX HATCHBACK SSM

^ this was my 07 civic si before i put it back to stock and traded.
    280whp+ 190wtq+ dyno dynamics.

2011 WRX HATCHBACK SSM

^ Nice FA5. I just recently totaled my 2003 Honda Civic EP3. I'm looking to get an 11' wrx.

honda and acura very nice cars, i have owned a si and rsx in my years. but when your looking for performance and handling and just about everything else you cant really even compare... Common now your comparing a fwd car to a brand new awd car that comes turbo stock...new wrx are amazing, I drove a ton of acura rsx 2006 and a 2002 both type s and the 04 was supercharged also. there nothing compared to a 2011 wrx. Compare them to a 2006 wrx or something to similar years...

and yes to mod a new wrx is very easy and you can make a ton of power very cheap relatively ...
    11WRX Ltd - COBB Stage 2+AEM HWG 93 Octane
    COBB Downpipe - SPT Exhaust - AEM Intake
    Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT - JL Audio W6v2 & XD600/1

Quote Originally Posted by SPT2011 View Post
    honda and acura very nice cars, i have owned a si and rsx in my years. but when your looking for performance and handling and just about everything else you cant really even compare... Common now your comparing a fwd car to a brand new awd car that comes turbo stock...new wrx are amazing, I drove a ton of acura rsx 2006 and a 2002 both type s and the 04 was supercharged also. there nothing compared to a 2011 wrx. Compare them to a 2006 wrx or something to similar years...

and yes to mod a new wrx is very easy and you can make a ton of power very cheap relatively ...
    You sir "get it". Most honda guys get it once they make the switch. Until then they are stubborn and brag about how they beat stock sti's from a roll while they are fully bolted. haha. Like I always say they make nice cars to drive around and get great gas mileage with, other then that I wouldn't go dumping money into it.

yeah brother you're not going to buy the wrx for its awesome interior haha however if you're a driving enthusiast like myself, the only things that are really important when driving the car are the steering wheel, the seats, pedals and gear shifter. and considering those things, most people will say they are very satisfied. and man get the 2011 wrx, no offense, nice rsx, but the wrx will smoke it man, 0-60 in 4.7s same as a camaro ss with 426 hp haha not to mention it will handle easily 10 times as well with its awd and wont understeer as much as your fwd car. 2011 wrx is a beast man that you can easily tune and modify to make an unreal car

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.