2011 WRX VS 05 RSX Supercharged - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX VS 05 RSX Supercharged within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; interesting I may think about it in the future The biggest kicker for me is I can get about 15k ...

interesting
    I may think about it in the future
    The biggest kicker for me is I can get about 15k for my RSX, and the WRX costs about 35k new up here in Canada, after taxes and stuff....while the WRX is nice, I don't think its $20k nicer then my RSX...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by whoishomer View Post
    interesting
    The biggest kicker for me is I can get about 15k for my RSX, and the WRX costs about 35k new up here in Canada, after taxes and stuff....while the WRX is nice, I don't think its $20k nicer then my RSX...
    What are you thinking! You're in Canada. Does Nisson Skyline GTR mean anything?

I'd buy a R-32 or r-34 anyday. Too difficult to buy and drive in the US.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

interesting
    The price difference between the STI and WRX in Canada, isn't much. You would be better off looking into a STI.

A Base STI is 37K.

Stage 2 CTE SC with a 3.15" pully would be putting down 300-315 to the wheels.

I was going to SC my 09 Si before I decided to get an '11 WRX.

If I were you, I would keep the RSX and go stage 2 SC. That k20a is an awesome engine.

Looking at the cobb website at the dyno database they have these numbers:

244 hp 258 ft/lb 100% Stock at the wheels

265 hp 294 ft/lb Stock Stage 1- 17.5psi- 92 Octane At the wheels

About 11Hp and 36TQ at the wheels.

I would say one of the biggest improvements is the powerband doesn't drop off as fast as it does in the stock tune. You see the car peak at about 15 PSI then it drops off rapidly. The cobb tune keeps peak PSI and tapers down much slower giving you a better pull in the top end.

interesting
    You can't really compare a new car price you a used car price that was well maintained. You lose a nice chunk of change right when that car drives off the lot. If you compare a 2007 WRX or STi that would be a bit more fair.
    a 2007 wrx can cost you anywhere from 13k to 18k depending what shape its in, miles...

a 2007 STi can cost you anywhere 18k to 25k... Thats a little more fair.

I raced against a guy with the exact same setup and at that point my 2010 was bone stock with about 2000 km. I didnt know he had the supercharger. We were neck to neck no matter what we did on the highway. Neither of us was gaining on the other at any speed. I signaled him to the next exit because i was really disappointed in my rex... Lol

After kearning about his setup i was really happy with my stock car... He was in turn disappointed in his investment hihi

I'd take the wrx. Awd and lets face it 225 whp in a fwd car is boring. Get the grip and fun midrange power. Lets not forget throw on a turboback and an opensource tune (free) and you're up around the 300whp range and I believe they are running a little over 300 wtq. That's a completely different beast then an Rsx. It's a lot more fun to and practical.

And interior? The rsx interior was nice back in the day. The seats are nice but wrapped in cheap leather. I really don't see it being any nicer then the 2011 wrx's. You can even get a limited with leather. Lets not forget rsx's don't have an arm rest too.

Rsx's to me are still nice cars. I'm actually working on a possible deal to pick up an 02' with bolt ons for a daily beater. I just don't see them being better then a 2011 wrx at anything.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I don't know how an '11 wrx would compare, but that is quite a nicely done RSX.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyan View Post
    I raced against a guy with the exact same setup and at that point my 2010 was bone stock with about 2000 km. I didnt know he had the supercharger. We were neck to neck no matter what we did on the highway. Neither of us was gaining on the other at any speed. I signaled him to the next exit because i was really disappointed in my rex... Lol

After kearning about his setup i was really happy with my stock car... He was in turn disappointed in his investment hihi
    I'll bet your face went from to
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    Looking at the cobb website at the dyno database they have these numbers:

244 hp 258 ft/lb 100% Stock at the wheels

265 hp 294 ft/lb Stock Stage 1- 17.5psi- 92 Octane At the wheels

About 11Hp and 36TQ at the wheels.
    I'd double check your math. It's a 21whp gain. If you order the AccessPort from Perrin, it comes pre-loaded with a Perrin map that gives you 38whp.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKrunch View Post
    I'd double check your math. It's a 21whp gain. If you order the AccessPort from Perrin, it comes pre-loaded with a Perrin map that gives you 38whp.
    The perrin map requires that it be run with perrin bolt ons though.
    STINKEYE MOB #100

im looking to get out of my dc5 for a wrx too. but im not completely sold that a wrx is going to be better. i know its going to have more torque, because a mini van has more torque than me. but the interior of the wrx isnt as nice and some people say the wrx is uglier. im stuck like you lol. i really just like the sound of the flat four during normal driving because our cars dont have that "sporty" sound unless in vtec range. and the awd of the wrx is great but then again the wrx doesnt get as good gas mileage. and i love the tight track suspension of the dc5, and im afraid i'll miss that feeling if i switch into a wrx. tough decision. let me know what you do. it'd be nice to have the opinion of someone who has owned both cars
    Last edited by Trinidrift3; 03-28-2011 at 07:05 AM.
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro
    D1GP/Formula Drift/JDM Allstars/Just Drift

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    I'd take the wrx. Awd and lets face it 225 whp in a fwd car is boring. Get the grip and fun midrange power. Lets not forget throw on a turboback and an opensource tune (free) and you're up around the 300whp range and I believe they are running a little over 300 wtq. That's a completely different beast then an Rsx. It's a lot more fun to and practical.

And interior? The rsx interior was nice back in the day. The seats are nice but wrapped in cheap leather. I really don't see it being any nicer then the 2011 wrx's. You can even get a limited with leather. Lets not forget rsx's don't have an arm rest too.

Rsx's to me are still nice cars. I'm actually working on a possible deal to pick up an 02' with bolt ons for a daily beater. I just don't see them being better then a 2011 wrx at anything.
    actually dc5's have an armrest as an option. about $135
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro
    D1GP/Formula Drift/JDM Allstars/Just Drift

Quote Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
    it'd be nice to have the opinion of someone who has owned both cars
    I had a 2006 RSX-S before I had my 06 WRX. Both completely stock. A lot of what you said is true. I miss the interior quality, exterior looks, gas mileage, and the tight suspension. Would I switch back though? Absolute not! The WRX is just much more fun to drive. The turbo is addictive, AWD is so much better for powering out of turns, and the sound of the boxer engine even when cruising is intoxicating. Plus, I now look forward to when it snows as opposed to dreading it.
    Last edited by rapidwrx; 03-29-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    2006 Crystal Gray Metallic WRX
    http://www.rapidcars.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.