My finished Lancia Evo - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on My finished Lancia Evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So rad. My dream car......

So rad. My dream car...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr8er View Post
    i've always wanted one, especially the 037! but sadly there were only like 207 made for the road.
    I personally think the Stratos is better looking than the 037, but the Delta Integrale is still my favorite thanks to its versatility.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Wow, that is AWESOME! Nice job

Very nice Lancia, most people stateside don't even know what Lancia is but my god do I love that car.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think this just became my least (most) favorite thread.

Beautiful car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

ive fapped numerous times. great work.

I Support ClubWRX
    Pardon the brief nature and possibly vulgarity of this post.. But.. Sex.. That thing is beautiful.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I think this just became my least (most) favorite thread.
    I think indirectly I'm responsible for this bump, aren't I?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Best thread bump ever.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Hi Guys. Wow its been a while and a big surprise to see the thread resurrected

Just heading to bed but couldn't go without giving you and update.
    The "Maranello House" Evo was sold to a chap in Scotland a year ago and is getting a lot of attention from what I gather.

I have an Evo2 now that although looks well in the first photo was a bit of a dog and has had a lot of work put into it so far. As you can see I got as far as doing the underneath (but work stopped as I'm helping my 11 year old Daughter restore her Fiat 500) There's a story about how the Evo2 came to be that I'll tell you more about when I get time.
    Short version is I bought it as a special guy had an interest and it fell through but in the interim I had been saving a very long time to buy a Brabus G Wagen, the one below.

However I can't afford to hang onto both so its one of 3 options.

Restore the Evo to original spec as its an Evo2 and sell it?

Build the Evo2 into another "Maranello house" Evo and hope the original chap falls for it and comes calling?

Or sell the Brabus and build the Evo into a very Special "Maranello House" Evo and keep it. Thing is I love the Brabus to?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evo2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	111852

Name:	51B0D4FEA5.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	111853

Name:	EE121B43F2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	111854

Name:	gxwagenxwithxnewxplate.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	141.2 KB 
ID:	111855

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi, great to hear from you.

I served on a G diesel ambulance once upon a time. No relation to the Brabus in terms of speed or handling, but it could carry two patients over almost anything.

I've got a confession to make, and I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but I suspect I'll at least get some sympathy so... I sometimes get the urge to go buy a Wolseley! I've no idea why, it's not a rational thing. Wolseley! Maybe a Hornet or something. I suppose there's medications and such but it comes and goes so I've not done anything about it.

That HF badge on the Delta with the elephant is all the money, pure class.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

SD_GR I'd be very interested in your thoughts on the G Ambulance. I wanted a G for years but now I have it its not getting much driving as I'm to busy with home and work and I use public transport a lot.

I worry about putting you guys to sleep with my ramblings but Ive a little more time to bring you up to speed on what happened so I'll run the risk of putting you all to

When I got the MH Evo finished it had a few class wins at shows. It was however getting more attention than I wanted (this happened with the Martini car to) but I always thought with the MH car that wouldn't happen. So between that and my Missus taking ill the decision was made to sell it. When I say sell it I decided to put it up for sale for stupid money as I wasn't going to give it up easily. It sold within 4 hours which completely threw me.
    It was a week before the new owner lifted it though as for the money he paid for it I wanted to be 100,0000% sure the car was right for him.
    So it sold on a Friday night, that was that no plans to have any more integrale's about. Then on the Monday after I got an email from a man in Italy wanting to know if the car was still for sale. Told him it was sold to which he came back to me saying that was a real pity as he had just started a new job in Italy and it would have been nice to drive a "Maranello" integrale around Maranello.
    Being a "Tiffossi" pretty much all my life my ears pricked up straight away and I had to ask the question did he work in Maranello?
    He had just moved from Mercedes F1 to be the Director of the Motorsport Division of the Scuderia Ferrari. ‘The head of Ferrari’s engine racing division’ had contacted me in poky little N Ireland. Naw this had to be a windup by one of my Italian Lancia club friends looking to make an eejit out of me.

Turned out it was for real So through the next couple of months emails flew back and forward resulting in me offering to build him another MH Evo.
    I sourced the Evo2 you see in the photo’s for the job from a friend. Unfortunately this took until Feb last year just coinciding with Ferrari F1 realising that the 2012 car wasn’t cutting the grade, the deal fell through. There was nothing underhand, just one of those things. So that brings me to having another integrale in the garage and trying to decide what to do next.

For a short moment in life I nearly had a little car I was to build was going to be driving through the hallowed gates of Ferrari each day with a little badge on the back saying “Edizione Maranello House”

Oh well.

You can wake up now guys, no really wake up, your getting sleep drool on the keyboard,,,, Guys

Cool story!

And I actually mean that, not in the "cool story bro" internet way
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

That was a cool story. Those kinds of things are what make us all enthusiasts! We don't have quite the luxury of some stories like that here in the US.

So what to do with it?...I'll trade you a 2005 STI for an Integrale
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.