New ford focus ST
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on New ford focus ST within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guys, hello. I heard a rumor that the new 2.5 Ford Focus RS whips our 2011 STI? Is this true?...

New ford focus ST

Guys, hello.

I heard a rumor that the new 2.5 Ford Focus RS whips our 2011 STI?

Is this true?
    Last edited by Lano; 09-01-2010 at 10:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    With regards to what?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Acceleration? Handeling? Top speed?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

when I 1st heard this, it was said that the RS has a better acceleration than the STI and is faster than the STI.

Being a FWD, I feel that in terms of handeling, it can't compare.

But, what do you guys think? is it really faster?

over all, what do you guys think in terms of Acceleration, Handeling, Top speed etc?

I'm not sure, I read an article about it way back when and that was when it was just an idea... it might beat it from a roll, but I hightly doubt from a dig.. I'm sure it weighs about 300lbs less and probally has a good suspention, but I've heard the 11 sti is saupose to be probally the best 1 to date...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

yeh, I hear you. and not to mention the STI Cosworth still.

The 400 hp cosworth sti? I'm sure that thing could manhandle pretty much anything if it had to... its insane...
    Last edited by 06scoobyrex; 09-01-2010 at 11:08 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

f*k bru, either 1.
    either way, I am a scooby fan to the end. to hell with the rest....ok, besides the GTR

Yeah... once you own a subaru its hard to not love them... every car that I read about or hear about I always compair...lol I like many different cars, but I will always have a soft spot for subaru forever...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

lol, it's tru man. When I watch vids online about scooby's i like to watch the amateur vids, with normal guys owning scooby's, doing mods and stuff.

have you checked out www.streetfire.net
    they have some pretty wicked vids there.

I Support ClubWRX
    You know, I enjoy watching gadgets, cars, and other kinds of tech evolve over time, and will usually focus (no pun intended) on the tool that best meets my current needs. I stop shy of fanboi'ism. "Taking sides" in everything seems to be a vestige of adolescence that people have trouble letting go of...the notion that you're a member of a group gives some superficial comfort.

But think about it..if other car manufacturers figure out ways to produce a "better" performance car than Subaru..isn't that raising the bar, and therefore better for everyone? If FHI wants to stay in the game, they have to respond and come up with an even better flat-4/AWD vehicle with thinner paint than ever before! Now you can take a step back and decide which pocket knife suits you best.

I like having options.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You know, I enjoy watching gadgets, cars, and other kinds of tech evolve over time, and will usually focus (no pun intended) on the tool that best meets my current needs. I stop shy of fanboi'ism. "Taking sides" in everything seems to be a vestige of adolescence that people have trouble letting go of...the notion that you're a member of a group gives some superficial comfort.

But think about it..if other car manufacturers figure out ways to produce a "better" performance car than Subaru..isn't that raising the bar, and therefore better for everyone? If FHI wants to stay in the game, they have to respond and come up with an even better flat-4/AWD vehicle with thinner paint than ever before! Now you can take a step back and decide which pocket knife suits you best.

I like having options.

Subaru did raise the bar in light of the competition presented by the WRC. After Subaru's WRC exodus, I fear that the company has become "comfortable," staying away from many new innovations (i.e. direct injection, electric steering, etc.) in favor of the tried-and-true. In a way this is reassuring, Subaru is sticking to the legacy of its WRC days.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Speaking of options Ray... Did you catch the last rerun of Top gear where they were given 1500 euros to buy a porsche and do a set of challenges? 2 out of 3 made it to the end.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Subaru did raise the bar in light of the competition presented by the WRC. After Subaru's WRC exodus, I fear that the company has become "comfortable," staying away from many new innovations (i.e. direct injection, electric steering, etc.) in favor of the tried-and-true. In a way this is reassuring, Subaru is sticking to the legacy of its WRC days.
    I think what Ray is trying to say is that competition by other car MFG's is a good thing. Every time the yard stick is reinvented, car makers (including Subaru) need to improve to make sure they measure up.

I mean lets face it; I like my car but there is definite room for improvement even in the 2010's.

I probably won't be buying another car for a year or two, but when I do and if Subaru wants to be considered again, they are going to have to step it up.

For example:

1. The WRX and STi, outback, forrester, Tribeca get crappy MPG for what they are. My bro-in-laws Rav4 with the 3.5L has more power than everything but the sti and gets better MPG, and its as aerodynamic as a brick.

2. For nudging $40k the Sti needs more than 300hp. Especially considering its dangerously close to vette territory, and costs as much as a camaro and challenger.

3. The interior quality, while it has improved is still lacking by a long shot.

4. REDESIGN THE DAMN 5 SPD ALREADY! STOP PATCH FIXING IT!

5. The 4EAT should not exist any longer. No reason not to have a 6spd auto at least std, with a CVT option.

6. PAINT

7. The Forrester should tow 4000-5000 lbs. The Tribeca should tow 5500-6500 lbs.

8. **** can or redesign the 3.6. Add turbos or something, right now it is just a boat anchor that gets horrible MPG.

9. Make the Outback limited Harmon Kardon 900watt stereo std in the lowest models, I mean honestly.

10. I want the boxer diesel!

11. Thank you for not building a hybrid.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast