Stage 2 Bugeye VS BMW 630i
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Bugeye VS BMW 630i within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A guy at work has a new 630i and was stalking me in traffic doing half ass fly byes , ...

Stage 2 Bugeye VS BMW 630i

A guy at work has a new 630i and was stalking me in traffic doing half ass fly byes , hard braking , stiff lane changes the works. Watching him almost rear end a SUV trying to look to see if im paying attention to him like some attention starved 8 year old. By the way yes, yes im. Im watching you almost plow into the rear end of that SUV braking in front of you..
    Now my cars no Lambo or anything but it will scoot a little. I have the basic XPT stage 2 91oct map w/ supporting mods.
    I dont know much about the BMW buy i think i cant make him wish he never spent the cash. what do you guys think my chances are on this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think that is their N52 motor. It's IMO a very nice engine. Your car will produce more output and it will be lighter. I think at a drag strip you may win. On the street you will both lose.

No matter who has the faster car if he has any sense at all you won't be able to make him regret spending the cash. All you'll have is a faster car -- not a better or more interesting car after all. I know this, I own an Impreza too.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I think that is their N52 motor. It's IMO a very nice engine. Your car will produce more output and it will be lighter. I think at a drag strip you may win. On the street you will both lose.

No matter who has the faster car if he has any sense at all you won't be able to make him regret spending the cash. All you'll have is a faster car -- not a better or more interesting car after all. I know this, I own an Impreza too.
    I wasnt talking about drag racing down main street thats retarded. If i wanted to do that i would have raced him at any point of the 3 miles he was taunting me.I was being sarcastic about making him regret buying a head turning BMW that would make most girl panties drop at first glance.
    But i did want to know if i could talk smack tomorrow and maybe be able to back it up

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by baru-by-u View Post
    But i did want to know if i could talk smack tomorrow and maybe be able to back it up
    Potentially, in my view.

Do you know what numbers people have measured for his car?

I do not like the tails on either variation of the 6 and I do like the older 6 better, especially without US bumpers, but the rest has grown on me. It does look less streamlined than the older 6 even though it is much, much more streamlined. It looks "tall" to me.

What colour did he get?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I came into work today and saw it in the parking lot i was almost late cuz i had to gawk at it for a bit. I do have to say the car is sexy. But the guy is a hardcore Guido douche and would love to talk crap and brag how my 8k car beat up on his home mortgage on wheels.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I think that is their N52 motor. It's IMO a very nice engine.
    Yes, the 630i has the N52 engine. The same powerplant found in both the 330i and 530i. It's a very smooth revving engine, has a very flat torque curve; very conducive for a DD. Not quite as "fun" as the N54, but the N52 encourages - no, begs - the driver to give it a few pulls to the redline. For the record, I have not driven a 630i (only the 330i and 135i w/ the N54), so I cannot reliably comment on the handling characteristics.

OP, yes, on paper you should be able to out-drag the 630i. However, remember that all the driver need say is, "Let's go for a 10 mile drive" and you will soon realize why the BMW 630i is the better driver's car. And let's be honest, it's a much "prettier" car.

EDIT: I was reminiscing a bit after posting this comment. After driving a buddy's E90 330i, I very much felt BMW's departure from the balanced sport sedan such as that found in the E30. The N52 is a nice motor: it is smooth revving, economical, and quiet. Yet, when compared to the S14 motor, I feel that some amount of the "driver's car" has been lost in modern BMW. The S14 motor was a true gem, and if I recall correctly, didn't BMW give the S14 ITBs? Granted, I have yet to log any time sitting behind the hallowed S65 motor from the new E90 M3
    Last edited by zax; 08-11-2010 at 07:23 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I test drove a 330i when I was in the market for a more upscale car, and to be honest, I came away unimpressed with the engine. Very smooth and linear, but I was expecting more thrust for some reason. Of course, the main issue was probably that I was comparing it to my then recently-sold VF34 bugeye. I was asking for something that the car wasn't built to do, and comparing it to something with a wildly different torque curve.

It would be an interesting race between a Stage 2 bugeye and the 630i at the track.

edit:Looking back at the time frame, the 330i I drove had an M series engine, not the newer N, so my experience may be irrelevant.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 08-12-2010 at 07:06 AM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

The only BMW ive drove was my buddies dad's 335i. The twin turbo AWD one, not sure on the year but had to be 05+. This was when I had my stage 2 STi and the car felt barely slower than my car. It had a performance chip, idk which one. They sound so good though.. even with stock exhaust.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by baru-by-u View Post
    I wasnt talking about drag racing down main street thats retarded. If i wanted to do that i would have raced him at any point of the 3 miles he was taunting me.I was being sarcastic about making him regret buying a head turning BMW that would make most girl panties drop at first glance.
    Even if you beat him in a straight line race, at the end of the night he'll be getting road-head on the way home from some hot chick and you'll settle in with a bottle of Jergens and a girls gone wild video.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Even if you beat him in a straight line race, at the end of the night he'll be getting road-head on the way home from some hot chick and you'll settle in with a bottle of Jergens and a girls gone wild video.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Das Motion Lotion
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Das Motion Lotion
    Ooooh. Its Ultra Healing in case of chaffing.

On the street you will both lose.
    Spoken like a true prodigy. Some people just can't keep their spurs from jingling and jangling.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    This is great, however i would like to argue that from experience bugeyes are still a great car to pic up girls in.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Or he'll pick up with the gold digging herpes case, and you'll pick up a woman worthy of receiving a diamond ring later.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.