02 wrx vs 05 jaguar XKR

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs 05 jaguar XKR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright funny story here. So Im headed over to my dads house to visit him, just me and my Gf. ...

02 wrx vs 05 jaguar XKR

Alright funny story here. So Im headed over to my dads house to visit him, just me and my Gf. I notice that my step mom got off the highway and is behind me, so I give her a wave. Well she doesn't wave back and I figured that was strange. I was going about 5 under the speed limit so I could get a little distance to do a 3rd gear pull. She's riding close to me and so I build some boost and punch it. I pulled a couple cars on her as soon as I hit the gas but that was it. I couldn't pull anymore with the room I had. After I pulled onto his actual road, she realized it was me. We meet at their house and she was laughing, and says * I had no idea that was you, I thought it was some jerk trying to get me to race them*. Needless to say good laughs and a good story for work, my dad and step mom are really into high performance cars and racing. My cars not stock, mods in profile. The jaguar is stock, automatic.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I really want to like the Jaguar. I generally do. How is the interior fit and finish? Has the car had any problems?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I really want to like the Jaguar. I generally do. How is the interior fit and finish? Has the car had any problems?
    Well the car hasnt had any problems really, it needs new tires though because the previous owner let it sit like 4 years.. so the car only has about 19k miles. Its sooooo damn smooth though, such a beautiful feel and power band. Its got a new pulley(similar to stock) on it, and the Eaton sounds like a Cobra taking off. The features on it though, id say it gets at least 9/10 in every catagory but room. Its a kind of small car, but its comfy in the drivers seat. I say go test drive one, see for yourself. Its like describing a porsche or something, words only go so far.
    Chris

I really thought about an XKR (in British racing green, of course) but once you see a Mercedes E55 priced in the mid 20s, nothing else really compares. The power is substantially more, you certainly aren't lacking luxury, and the blower whine is still there

You can always step up to an S600 for ~ $28k. It'll seat the whole family comfortably and still runs mid-low 12s thanks to the twin turbo v12.

If I were in the car market today I certainly would have picked one of these used cars over my new LGT. And to those who say the maintenance costs would be killer, I've already dumped $10k into the Legacy so it isn't exactly cheap!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Oh definately, the e55 is the like the definition of luxury/sports car. I fell in love with them after watching a couple of them mopping up z06's and 03 cobras. They probably feel like a $200k car as far as high speed stability and comfort. The more I look at Audis, BMWs, and Benz I start to see how many flaws american cars really have.. Im even considering making payments on a super nice 04 Audi s4 6 speed... its got 59k miles, bone stock and 1 owner for 18,999 obo. To bad I dropped so much into my WRX at this point it would be hard to have to sell it to make the payments. AWD v8 6 speed... that sounds nice.
    Chris