06 REX vs 94-97 Integra

This is a discussion on 06 REX vs 94-97 Integra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not sure what year it was but a guy in a ragged out Integra with a fart can decided to ...

06 REX vs 94-97 Integra

Not sure what year it was but a guy in a ragged out Integra with a fart can decided to challenge me tonight. Needless to say it wasnt much of a contest. He actually was full throttle while i was cruising - down shifted to 3rd and he was standing still. I lol'd a little.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why even waste your time risking a ticket or acciedent racing an integra?
    If your gonna take thoes kind of risks at least try something more on your level...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Integra's are great cars. I just hate how douchebags like that guy have given them such a bad rep.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Quote Originally Posted by wrx jay View Post
    Integra's are great cars. I just hate how douchebags like that guy have given them such a bad rep.
    I agree... I would love to have an old stock integra just as a cheap DD... it got great mpg, allright acceleration, and was extreamly reliable... I just absolutley hate the riced out stigma about them...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by wrx jay View Post
    I completely agree. I had a 97 a while back and loved it. Took a trip from NE Ohio to Mid TN and got almost 40 mpg on the way down. I dont even mind when people mod them as long as it is done with taste.

i like integra's too. thats what i learned how to drive manual in . they can be made into quick little cars aswell. my sister's ex built one for fun, he turboed a gsr engine. that thing was quick

but there are alot of people with just fart cans thinking they are race car drivers

A lot of people think that if they put a I/H/E on their integra makes them fast But then there are others that actually build them and those are the once you have to watch our for. Stock block turbo GSR will run a high to mid 12's.
    Last edited by Slava; 08-17-2010 at 10:44 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I love Tegs. We take long walks on the beach at sunset, and he gives great foot massages.

Comparing more apples for apples, the "final generation Integra", the RSX-S, actually compared pretty well with an equivalent year WRX. Acura brought some pretty solid Integra models to the States back before Subaru even thought about bringing the WRX to us. It would be interesting to see road course times for a mid-90's GS-R versus even a relatively recent stock WRX.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamf44 View Post
    I dont even mind when people mod them as long as it is done with taste.
    I actually currently drive a 2000 LS, it's tastefully modded but you don't see me trying to race STi's lol.

I will say I can't wait to get a Subie.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Comparing more apples for apples, the "final generation Integra", the RSX-S, actually compared pretty well with an equivalent year WRX. Acura brought some pretty solid Integra models to the States back before Subaru even thought about bringing the WRX to us. It would be interesting to see road course times for a mid-90's GS-R versus even a relatively recent stock WRX.
    I still don't (and probably will never) consider the RSX to be an Integra. I'd much rather have a GSR/ITR than a Type-S to be honest. Don't get me wrong the K series has a ton of potential, it's just the RSX is too refined for my taste.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook