2006 subaru impreza 2.5i vs 2005 accord v6 coupe

This is a discussion on 2006 subaru impreza 2.5i vs 2005 accord v6 coupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've got the 05 v6 accord coupe with the 6 speed. I originally was going to get a bugeye rex ...

2006 subaru impreza 2.5i vs 2005 accord v6 coupe

I've got the 05 v6 accord coupe with the 6 speed. I originally was going to get a bugeye rex which is why I became a member here, but the insurance/gas wouldve killed me.

I like my car. its surprisingly quick for what it is and has a really nice interior. but I probably wouldve bought a 2.5i with the five speed if I had found one cheaper than what I paid for my accord.

the accord is alot faster and nicer inside but the handling/fwd leave something to be desired.

the 2.5i with a little money can autoX with the best of them but it is a NA 4cyl and the speed isnt there. but AWD would be nice.

just out of curiosity which would you guys buy if you had to choose?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What is your geographic location?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ellicott city which means nothing to 99% of people. so we'll say the greater baltimore area

I Support ClubWRX
    So you're in an urban environment where you don't need AWD to get out of your own driveway? I'd opt for the Honda if I needed chains less than twice a year IMO.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

a suburb actually and thats what I was thinking. but sometimes when taking turns spiritedly I wish I had awd. but Im sure with the 2.5i Id be wanting something quicker

I Support ClubWRX
    The Honda is IMO a quicker car than the 2.5i. Also IMO it is a better car than the 2.5i -- but that's up to taste and what "better" means. Let's see if others respond with their views.

the honda is quicker, i can attest to that, from my 07 2.5i 5speed. but it was still quick and could handle amazingly, and i had little to no trouble in the snow (suburban areas). I prefer the 2002 accord coupe, and LOVE the new coupe v6, but i would never trade my wrx for it!!!
    Last edited by spirited09wrx; 08-09-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: i thought the 05 accord was the 02 body style...oops
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Speaking from experience, FWD cars aren't too bad in the snow. 3 out of 4 of my previous cars were FWD all which did exceptionally well during New England blizzards.

IMO, if you are going to get an Impreza, you might as well save for a WRX. Seeing how that wasn't an option for you, I think the V6 Accord was the better choice.
    Jay for Justin.

Facebooook

Well it all comes down to your needs and wants... do you want awd and a good auto x car or do you want space, legroom, speed, and a coupe? Its all up to you man...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    I would have got whatever is cheaper until I had more money. I don't think between either of those I would have had a complaint. As long as they aren't falling apart and miserable to drive, its a car. If you have the money, get a nice one. Otherwise, enjoy a simple one and buy some good coffee or beer.

That being said, I vote honda in this situation. It's a better long term car for your situation. I don't know a situation where I would vote a 2.5i over a honda to be honest. I life in the northern suburbs of Pittsburgh for half the year and State College for the other half. The honda with a set of snows or good all seasons will get you anywhere enjoyably =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

You have a good car. My uncle had an 03 V6 Accord 6-speed and that car just straight rocked. It had some balls...good torque and horsepower. The transmission felt nothing short of butter...every shift felt so precise. For a larger coupe, it handled pretty well and torque oversteer wasn't too bad.

All honesty, you should be fine with FWD in Baltimore even with snow. No point in downgrading in comfort, reliability, gas mileage, styling, and performance.

Before I bought my first STI...I was in the market for one of those Accords...then I test drove an STI, and had a chance to get a Limited, so it had some comfort but with STI performance so the Accord was out.

So IMO, no point to get rid of a better car, for a lesser car. I'd only get rid of it if you had a hand in a newer WRX or STI.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

yeah I figured Id might as well hold out on subarus until I could afford the one I really want. I didnt want to sit in a 2.5i everyday wishing there was a turbo. Im definitely happy with it, itll get me from A to B until I save up enough for an STI

Quote Originally Posted by Cmaj7th View Post
    yeah I figured Id might as well hold out on subarus until I could afford the one I really want. I didnt want to sit in a 2.5i everyday wishing there was a turbo. Im definitely happy with it, itll get me from A to B until I save up enough for an STI
    Smart man
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying