2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was at Ocean City and driving to see Mr. Greengenes play a show and on the way, I notice ...

2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck

I was at Ocean City and driving to see Mr. Greengenes play a show and on the way, I notice this large raised truck with some flowmasters driving around like its fast and reving his exhaust real loud. This guy had his family in the car and when he was in the middle lane, he floors it and his son waves bye bye to me out the back window. At the light, he asks me if I had a hemi in my WRX. I said, "no, I opted for the 2 cycle cause it gets better MPGs." Then I told him his truck is missing truck nuts. So then the light turns green and he tries to run me... I SMOKED him. LOL. I love this car. I guess rednecks don't know that Japan can make fast cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Some n/a jap cars might have gotten smoked by the Hemi, even some subies (depending on mods).
    I <3 SASHA.M

Nice kill, I hate when people drive around huge trucks like madmen.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm glad to see that you raced Rogan and won!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Except the WRX does have a hemi, right?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    There are real people like this?

Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Except the WRX does have a hemi, right?
    This is actually true. The WRX does have semi-spherical combustion chambers as do most modern cars. Good catch SD!

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax
    This is actually true. The WRX does have semi-spherical combustion chambers as do most modern cars. Good catch SD!
    I thought it might. I don't know how precisely a chamber has to follow an arc to be considered hemispherical, and with a four valve chamber it tends to look more like a steeple but without a point in the middle. But I'm having trouble thinking of a modern motor that would not have something similar to a hemispherical chamber.

I wonder whether the six valve per cyl. Maserati biturbo motor had a hemi too. That chamber probably looked a lot like a golf ball, with lots of facets set on a series of arcs.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Answering my own question (talking to myself): the six valve biturbo motor is described as having convex heads, but in this picture they look concave to me. So it's either a hemi or an inverse hemi.

So I don't know what I'm talking about but neither did those guys in the big truck with the hemi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Biturbo Maserati.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Nice kill, I hate when people drive around huge trucks like madmen.
    i think its funny that some of them trucks are so loud it sounds like they are going really fast and when you see the truck its not even going that fast. it also reminds of the people that have harley motorcycles and rev the hell out of them for no reason. me and my wife laugh at them.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Answering my own question (talking to myself): the six valve biturbo motor is described as having convex heads, but in this picture they look concave to me. So it's either a hemi or an inverse hemi.

So I don't know what I'm talking about but neither did those guys in the big truck with the hemi.
    likely it's a convex ignition chamber, which would be a concave head. It makes little sense (to me) to have a concave cavity for multiple reasons:
    1. during the ignition process, the pressure wave expand from the spark plug outwards. If the ignition chamber donut shaped - valves more recessed in the block than the center - you would have uneven combustion
    2. it would essentially defeat the purpose of the quench area in the piston
    3. During the exhaust cycle, some exhaust may get "trapped" on the intake side of the head, thus heating from compression and creating hot spots on the piston. This may, in turn, facilitate detonation during the compression cycle.

Though, like you, admittedly I do not know what I am talking about

Facebook me here

Yes the rams have 345 and 390 hp, but they weigh around 6000lbs leaving a 15.38 per 1 hp weight ratio ans you res has 265hp and weighs 3200 lbs giving you 12.08 lbs per hp ratio... and he wonders why he lost.... stupid rednecks...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Hey 06scoobyrex- I see you're from SLC. Have you ever gone to a track day at Miller Motorsports? My brother does that sometimes and loves it. You should look into it if you haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    i think its funny that some of them trucks are so loud it sounds like they are going really fast and when you see the truck its not even going that fast. it also reminds of the people that have harley motorcycles and rev the hell out of them for no reason. me and my wife laugh at them.
    Yeah motorcycle drivers drive me crazy.. the guys who ride street bikes are usually nicer drivers than Harley riders. They think their stupid loud exhaust makes everyone think they're cool. South Park portrayed it very well. ***s,
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Les Bill View Post
    Hey 06scoobyrex- I see you're from SLC. Have you ever gone to a track day at Miller Motorsports? My brother does that sometimes and loves it. You should look into it if you haven't yet.
    Id like to, but its expensive... they charge you like 200 for a class they make you take then its like annother 500 just for like 2 or 3 laps.... sometimes they have a food drive and if you bring in a bag of food they'll let you do a couple of laps around it... ill have to look at their schedule and see when they are doing it again... they have a 1 mile straight away that you can really open it up on...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast