2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mangostick I stand corrected. Toyota isn't producing any current subaru models though, and this guys mechanic is ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I stand corrected.

Toyota isn't producing any current subaru models though, and this guys mechanic is telling him not to buy one because of that. I call bs.
    Except Toyota are producing a current Subaru model, the Justy, with the inline 3-cylinder that they can access via Daihatsu (the notion that Subaru is all about AWD and boxer motors is a lot more marketing than reality). Now, granted, the chances of this guy's mechanic actually knowing all that are very, very low, so I agree with you while disagreeing with you (I don't know how this is possible but on the net, I suppose anything is possible).

How do I know this? Because I was shopping for a small FWD car and the Toyota motor used in the FWD Subaru is also used in the cars I saw -- the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107.

Be that as it may, I have no idea what the poster(s) above are saying about the Civic community, German cars, and all that. I've completely lost the plot there.

Back to regular scheduled programming...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Be that as it may, I have no idea what the poster(s) above are saying about the Civic community, German cars, and all that. I've completely lost the plot there.

Back to regular scheduled programming...
    Come on, forget that, get with the program here first! Jeez. What they're saying is that the Germans began making Honda Civics shortly after WWII with reparations they received from the Italians, primarily Enzo Ferrari. Ferdinand Porsche was the original designer of the Civic and it was produced in the former BMW airplane factory in Liepzig, where the original inspiration for the huge rear wing came from. Those were originally leftover rear wings from the Focke-Wulfe 190 fighter plane. Hence the reason all ricers today are actually Nazis.

Do you understand now?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Do you understand now?
    Crystal clear, thanks!
    SD
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

okay we ran twice btw... and the first i got him roughly 3 car links and he said cuz he missed a gear... we ran again he was talking to me thru the window when we stop... i asked what do you have and he told me all his mods as i listed.... i was like no way how can i win we do it again and i beat him by 1.5 car links.... so yeah idk if its his driving or what? and yeah i was maybe pushing from stock 230-235 at the max... and large exhaust? 2.8? no way thats not big? stock is 2.5... i wanted a lil bigger also if u wana see an N/A civic si with a 3inch exhaust u can go to honda day and try to race him hes going for 10s this year and last year he ran 11s... and yes that 3 inch exhaust HELPED ALOT! idk if you knw but N/A car are pretty quick if u knw what your doing...

Also thanks for telling me that japan makes the cars... yeah it was a very young man who told me german ppls made these cars... and he worked with Mercedes and subaru i think they combined the lot.... but thats what he told me...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Come on, forget that, get with the program here first! Jeez. What they're saying is that the Germans began making Honda Civics shortly after WWII with reparations they received from the Italians, primarily Enzo Ferrari. Ferdinand Porsche was the original designer of the Civic and it was produced in the former BMW airplane factory in Liepzig, where the original inspiration for the huge rear wing came from. Those were originally leftover rear wings from the Focke-Wulfe 190 fighter plane. Hence the reason all ricers today are actually Nazis.
    ClamfOTFLMAO!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by jwongx27 View Post
    okay we ran twice btw... and the first i got him roughly 3 car links and he said cuz he missed a gear... we ran again he was talking to me thru the window when we stop... i asked what do you have and he told me all his mods as i listed.... i was like no way how can i win we do it again and i beat him by 1.5 car links.... so yeah idk if its his driving or what? and yeah i was maybe pushing from stock 230-235 at the max... and large exhaust? 2.8? no way thats not big? stock is 2.5... i wanted a lil bigger also if u wana see an N/A civic si with a 3inch exhaust u can go to honda day and try to race him hes going for 10s this year and last year he ran 11s... and yes that 3 inch exhaust HELPED ALOT! idk if you knw but N/A car are pretty quick if u knw what your doing...

Also thanks for telling me that japan makes the cars... yeah it was a very young man who told me german ppls made these cars... and he worked with Mercedes and subaru i think they combined the lot.... but thats what he told me...
    DUDE!!! GRAMMAR!!!!

faack man That was painful to read! I have god children in single digit age that write better than you do. And today's kids (not that I'm much older) just cant get why no one takes them seriously? ^ its right ****ing there!!! Thats why the rest of the world thinks so little of your generation.

Go back to the civic forum where you fit in and they know your language.. because that up there is NOT english. And fyi, I've been building everything from carts to bikes to 4x4's to imports to old school hot rods very likely for longer than you've been around.

2.5" exhaust IS large for a engine that has less displacement than a proper soda bottle. I dont care what rpm you spin it to.. It just makes more noise.

Did you ever think that the dude was literally playing you? Getting a laugh out of how hard you were trying to beat him? Or better yet, did you actually get to see under the hood of his car to see if he actually did have all those mods? I've seen lots of fella's talk smack about equipment they dont have. ..... Just sayin.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

^^ okay that guy must had been dumb then? becuz he was like lets do one more wouldnt he want to prove him self then?

okay we ran twice btw... and the first i got him roughly 3 car links and he said cuz he missed a gear... we ran again he was talking to me thru the window when we stop... i asked what do you have and he told me all his mods as i listed.... i was like no way how can i win we do it again and i beat him by 1.5 car links.... so yeah idk if its his driving or what? and yeah i was maybe pushing from stock 230-235 at the max...
    Pure garbage. His car is pushing twice the torque of yours, and easily 100 more HP. I don't care how bad the driver is, you're going to get slaughtered.

if u wana see an N/A civic si with a 3inch exhaust u can go to honda day and try to race him hes going for 10s this year and last year he ran 11s... and yes that 3 inch exhaust HELPED ALOT! idk if you knw but N/A car are pretty quick if u knw what your doing...
    Please just stop talking when you're obviously talking garbage. There's no NA Civic in the world that runs 11's, never mind 10's. Look at my signature for a car that runs in the 11's. For me to run in the 10's, I'd have to up to 600+ HP/TQ, which is twice what any NA Civic is going to be getting. Never mind that I'm AWD and have huge tires on the rear that are as wide as all 4 of your buddy's tires combined. Come on, just stop spouting garbage.
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wong is an ill informed work of art. Now that we have that out of the way....

Scotty... I do know of a 16:1 compression NA CRX that does get regular 10 second passes. So it's not thoroughly a unicorn, but not just anyone can get 400whp out of a stripped 2000lb civic CRX (without FI)... that's for sure.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Scotty... I do know of a 16:1 compression NA CRX that does get regular 10 second passes. So it's not thoroughly a unicorn, but not just anyone can get 400whp out of a stripped 2000lb civic CRX (without FI)... that's for sure.
    Well that's kinda my point. I can strip everything out of my new STI and shave a second or more off the 1/4 mile easy, but this guy that doesn't know that a Subaru isn't German doesn't have any friends with a 16:1 compression car. Especially if he claims his intake/TBE/tune (does he have a tune?) beats a Mustang GT with an SC and supporting mods that easily. The Mustang is already a 300+ HP car, and with the SC and supporting mods, I'm sure it's over 400 HP and probably pretty close to that in TQ. But I'm not a Mustang guy and maybe I'm wrong, but I bet I'm not. Sorry, anybody that believes a Subaru is made in Germany doesn't know crap about cars. Any of the people that post regularly on this forum, and many of the irregulars, know where just about any car brand is made other than the Euro-specific ones.

Thanks for educating me though, I never would've suspected you could go to 16:1 on those motors. But I have to wonder how many mods it took, and/or how long the motor will last if driven hard. And to run 10s with FWD they must have Hoosiers or something similar.
    Scott

^^ look up black widow =] civic NA running 11's

Fastest & Quickest 8thgen Civic All Motor 11.9@114
    Fastest 8thgen Civic 11.04@132.88

The new "300+ WHP Club" - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

hes putting down 305 WHP and 212 tq =] Turbo isnt everything....

I Support ClubWRX
    Meh. Wrongwheeldrive, and a totally stripped car that weighs 2000lbs and I can't even listen to a CD in it... I could care less.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    DUDE!!! GRAMMAR!!!!

faack man That was painful to read! I have god children in single digit age that write better than you do. And today's kids (not that I'm much older) just cant get why no one takes them seriously? ^ its right ****ing there!!! Thats why the rest of the world thinks so little of your generation.

Go back to the civic forum where you fit in and they know your language.. because that up there is NOT english. And fyi, I've been building everything from carts to bikes to 4x4's to imports to old school hot rods very likely for longer than you've been around.

2.5" exhaust IS large for a engine that has less displacement than a proper soda bottle. I dont care what rpm you spin it to.. It just makes more noise.

Did you ever think that the dude was literally playing you? Getting a laugh out of how hard you were trying to beat him? Or better yet, did you actually get to see under the hood of his car to see if he actually did have all those mods? I've seen lots of fella's talk smack about equipment they dont have. ..... Just sayin.
    Yeah, a well composed post is much easier to read.

I've also seen people leave out mods and claim they are "stock" or at least close to it. My tuner ran a GT500 and roasted it. After that the GT500 owner said that he only had an intake and exhaust. My buddy tracked him down on the Mustang forums and it turns out the guy had lots of money dumped into it. It was more or less a fully built motor. I think he was just embarassed that he got stomped on by a car with half the cylinders and half the displacement. lulz.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Meh. Wrongwheeldrive, and a totally stripped car that weighs 2000lbs and I can't even listen to a CD in it... I could care less.
    Sheesh, Kevin, you're starting to sound like me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Yeah motorcycle drivers drive me crazy.. the guys who ride street bikes are usually nicer drivers than Harley riders. They think their stupid loud exhaust makes everyone think they're cool. South Park portrayed it very well. ***s,
    My, My, are we getting nasty! A lot of us enjoy our motorcycles as much as our WRXes. Look and listen and you will find it's not just trucks and motorcycles that are noisy but the "TUNER" cars, all makes, with their "coffee can exhaust".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.