2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Are you the band camp girl from American Pie? You write like how she talks....

Are you the band camp girl from American Pie? You write like how she talks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    I own a Hemi truck, a 2003 quad cab 4x4. With an intake & programmer it runs 15.9 so I'd hope you can outrun that. OTOH, the new 390hp 5.7 Hemi in a single cab 2wd runs like a 14.0 so that isn't too shabby for a standard issue pickup truck. Seeing as how your Altima runs 14.80s or so it isn't going to manhandle all trucks and it'll have its hands full with a garden variety 300C/Charger/Challenger, moreso in the current Hemi power than the older 345hp version.
    First of all most of the guys on the Nissan forums laugh at the exact review you posted. You will find that a lot 2010 3.5 Altimas with the CVT get into the low 14's. We are not sure what edmunds was doing to get that number. Secondly my race against the Charger is a 2010, so it has 368hp.

Also there have been a couple of 4th gens getting into the high 13's stock with 6 speed manual transmission. One guy got 13.2 @ 104.5MPH with intake/Y-pipe/and exhaust, elevation 1200 feet above sea level.

I have not had the honour of running a single cab Dodge Ram Hemi, most likely because they are rare around here as I imagine most people want a truck to use them for what they are meant to be used for, hauling stuff and carrying people, I think a single cab is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Regular version Cherokee with the Hemi posts very similar numbers to your car. It's a driver's race. If traction is at all an issue, like on slick/wet/snowy pavement, the AWD Cherokee will beat you.
    Again the regular Cherokee posts high 14's, low 15's my car does it in low 14's. Yes the only way it would beat me is in the snow, but then I only race when I am not at a disadvantage, so in other words I wouldnt be racing in the snow period.

I Support ClubWRX
    Aren't numbers fun?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5VQ View Post
    Again the regular Cherokee posts high 14's, low 15's my car does it in low 14's. Yes the only way it would beat me is in the snow, but then I only race when I am not at a disadvantage, so in other words I wouldnt be racing in the snow period.
    Do you have time slips? If not, my car runs 11's, beat that!
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Do you have time slips? If not, my car runs 11's, beat that!
    If I can dig them up. Worse case I'll be doing runs in the summer again. Since you want to be an arse about it, go to nissanclub.com. There is a racing stories section which has 1/4 mile times with mods and timeslips.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5VQ View Post
    If I can dig them up. Worse case I'll be doing runs in the summer again. Since you want to be an arse about it, go to nissanclub.com. There is a racing stories section which has 1/4 mile times with mods and timeslips.

Just pulling your chain man It's a nice car, I'm not really interested that your drag racing it and racing trucks and jeeps in it though.
    Last edited by jd92677; 03-09-2011 at 06:38 AM.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Numbers war!!!11!!one!!11!1!11!!!!111eleven11!111
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

0 to light speed is 14.5 nanoseconds.

Quote Originally Posted by jwongx27 View Post
    Sorry i didnt knw you guys are soo anal about spelling? no wonder i hardly see ppls posting on here 8thcivic has a better community... o well anyways when i went to Subaru 2years ago they told me its a german made car....?
    highly doubtful, subaru's aren't german and no dealer would tell you that. In regards to 8thcivic being a better community.. thats probably a far stretch too, but since you've only been posting here for less than a week or so I'd not expect you to have any information contrary to your inflated opinion. You want to mess around in a hostile forum, check out NASIOC.. I dare ya!

If any forum tolerates unreadable content.. thats on them. Here we prefer those who can at least properly articulate what they're trying to say without inflicting pain onto their fellow forum members. spelling not so much an issue but grammar and sentence structure go a long way toward making you not look like a gradeschooler.
    also my car was fully striped interior meaning i still have my reg two front seats tho i had full bolt ons No i didnt have a 3 inch exhaust i had a 2.80inch..... also i had flashpro u guys might not knw but it stora works like cobb... but better... for a honda... and it wasnt a 2010 400hp gt stock.. i was up against a 2002 model + wasnt sure.... but it was pretty quick but i got him from the launch but my car is completely stock only had mods on it for a good 4kmiles.... then i was bored cuz i mostly only DD around town and highway.... also earlier today i was talking to my Own mechanic and he said dont buy a Subaru? i said why not he said Toyota is now making some of them ad like i read above... he said toyta owns a lil bit of it? but ive heard Toyota has reliability ? but this guy knws alot! also one of his new costumer brought in a 2006 VW 2.0T sedan and had 50k miles on it never did an oil change the engine blew right when he got to his shop lol... bad ppls dont knw how to maintenance the car

Wow ok where do I start.. uhm... why such a large exhaust for a N/A car? thats not gaining you any power, just more noise.
    Seems you like noise because you're willing to strip the interior out of a perfectly good newer car.. I highly doubt you dropped enough weight to make the car any faster.
    Next up.. lets see.. ok so you have a lil bit of management going on.. thats nice, without supporting mods thats only going to gain you what.. maybe 20-30hp tops..
    And mustangs, any v8 sort have been running low 14 sec 1/4 mi since the late 80's bub.. there's no way in hell you stomped one with the mods you have unless he couldn't drive/didn't hook up or both. The year doesn't matter.

Last but not least.. your mechanic doesn't know SQUAT about Subaru and its obvious from what he inaccurately told you. Toyota does not own any part of Subaru, thats blatantly false. SUBARU in fact is developing a car with toyota so I can see how maybe he might be confused. Google FT86 .. you might learn something.. or check out this link directly
    Subaru FT-86 - New STI Sports Coupe - Spy Shots on RoadandTrack.com

Toyota is not making any subaru products.. again, FALSE. If this guy knows a lot he knows a lot of bad information.

What does a vw with a negligent owner and a blown motor have to do with Subaru or Toyota.. or..

holy effin random batman.. its stuff like that at the end that make your posts hard to read. Just sayin.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jwongx27 View Post
    Sorry i didnt knw you guys are soo anal about spelling? no wonder i hardly see ppls posting on here 8thcivic has a better community... o well anyways when i went to Subaru 2years ago they told me its a german made car....?

also my car was fully striped interior meaning i still have my reg two front seats tho i had full bolt ons No i didnt have a 3 inch exhaust i had a 2.80inch..... also i had flashpro u guys might not knw but it stora works like cobb... but better... for a honda... and it wasnt a 2010 400hp gt stock.. i was up against a 2002 model + wasnt sure.... but it was pretty quick but i got him from the launch but my car is completely stock only had mods on it for a good 4kmiles.... then i was bored cuz i mostly only DD around town and highway.... also earlier today i was talking to my Own mechanic and he said dont buy a Subaru? i said why not he said Toyota is now making some of them ad like i read above... he said toyta owns a lil bit of it? but ive heard Toyota has reliability ? but this guy knws alot! also one of his new costumer brought in a 2006 VW 2.0T sedan and had 50k miles on it never did an oil change the engine blew right when he got to his shop lol... bad ppls dont knw how to maintenance the car
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Toyota does not own any part of Subaru, thats blatantly false.
    Incorrect. Last I checked Toyota had a 16.6% stake in Subaru. They don't have a controlling stake in Subaru, but they do have the largest share in the company.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Incorrect. Last I checked Toyota had a 16.6% stake in Subaru. They don't have a controlling stake in Subaru, but they do have the largest share in the company.
    I stand corrected.

Toyota isn't producing any current subaru models though, and this guys mechanic is telling him not to buy one because of that. I call bs.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    LOL, years ago we had a rash of folks that thought Subaru was an Australian make (due to a particular advertising campaign), but German is a new one on me.
    I definitely did. When I played gran tourismo when I was a kid I was looking through australian cars trying to find subaru.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    ill be honest- thought they were Swedish or something Scandinavian. no idea why
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.