2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX vs large Hemi truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; LOL, years ago we had a rash of folks that thought Subaru was an Australian make (due to a particular ...

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, years ago we had a rash of folks that thought Subaru was an Australian make (due to a particular advertising campaign), but German is a new one on me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I thought it might. I don't know how precisely a chamber has to follow an arc to be considered hemispherical, and with a four valve chamber it tends to look more like a steeple but without a point in the middle. But I'm having trouble thinking of a modern motor that would not have something similar to a hemispherical chamber.

I wonder whether the six valve per cyl. Maserati biturbo motor had a hemi too. That chamber probably looked a lot like a golf ball, with lots of facets set on a series of arcs.
    Old post but here's the real answer. "Hemispherical" means the half of a sphere, which by definition means it needs to be very close to round. The earth is an irregular sphere because it's slightly out of round, but it has to be very very close to round to be called a sphere. So to be a "hemi" it would need to be half of a sphere in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by jwongx27 View Post
    im new to subaru but i thought Germany made these cars? not japan? nice kill tho i hate when alot of trucks do that to me cuz i own a 2009 civic si... but i hate to beat on my car like that but once in a while i give them a lil show the ones i hate the most are the Mustang gts.... they soo annoying after i beat a white one with a supercharge + header intake and exhaust all of them try to race me.... when that was their top dog... but yeah i tend to shift at 2.5k rpms daily drive =] but i reach 9k rpms if i want =]
    Wow I don't even know what to say. German? And your Civic Si can beat a Mustang GT with a supercharger and supporting mods? I assume you have forced induction yourself, correct?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    LOL, years ago we had a rash of folks that thought Subaru was an Australian make (due to a particular advertising campaign), but German is a new one on me.
    I remember thinking they were Australian. Don't remember why though. what campaign was that?

I Support ClubWRX
    German?really?you must have watched this commercial

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by jwongx27 View Post
    im new to subaru but i thought Germany made these cars? not japan? nice kill tho i hate when alot of trucks do that to me cuz i own a 2009 civic si... but i hate to beat on my car like that but once in a while i give them a lil show the ones i hate the most are the Mustang gts.... they soo annoying after i beat a white one with a supercharge + header intake and exhaust all of them try to race me.... when that was their top dog... but yeah i tend to shift at 2.5k rpms daily drive =] but i reach 9k rpms if i want =]
    That was really painful to read.. grammar much? ... I'm sure you're 09 civic can be a car that does a factory high 13sec 1/4 mi. Sure as I am you passed grammar lessons in grade school...

Oh, and before I forget;
    SUBARU= parent company FUJI heavy industries... I think you get the point.
    Last edited by mangostick; 03-08-2011 at 02:48 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I just checked out that South Park Harley rider episode you were talking about, hilarious!

The F Word (Season 13, Episode 12) - Full Episode Player - South Park Studios

edit: It probably goes without saying you should not watch that at work.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    There is a loose and ancient connection at the aero firm level (Nakajima) pre-war, but that's all I can think of for a tie-in.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Australian came from when Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee) was involved with the Subaru ads.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I can kill these Hemi's all day everyday. Only one beats me and that's the 6.1 in the Charger and Challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5VQ View Post
    I can kill these Hemi's all day everyday. Only one beats me and that's the 6.1 in the Charger and Challengers.
    Well there's not a lot of cars that have it other than that. Cars with it include those and the 300C, and I'd be surprised if that can't beat you.

There's a number of trucks and SUVs with them, but ok they're trucks and SUVs. Glad you can beat them.

The Cherokee and Commander also have it. The SRT8 version of the Cherokee will smoke you, and the regular version will be even. The Commander is too big and heavy and you can beat that like you beat the trucks.
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Well there's not a lot of cars that have it other than that. Cars with it include those and the 300C, and I'd be surprised if that can't beat you.

There's a number of trucks and SUVs with them, but ok they're trucks and SUVs. Glad you can beat them.

The Cherokee and Commander also have it. The SRT8 version of the Cherokee will smoke you, and the regular version will be even. The Commander is too big and heavy and you can beat that like you beat the trucks.
    Alright let me re-word this. Any Hemi without an SRT badge won't beat me stock for stock. I raced my friends Dodge Charger R/T stock for stock and beat them in the 1/4 mile twice. Regular version Cherokee will be even? No.
    Last edited by 3.5VQ; 03-08-2011 at 06:36 PM.

I own a Hemi truck, a 2003 quad cab 4x4. With an intake & programmer it runs 15.9 so I'd hope you can outrun that. OTOH, the new 390hp 5.7 Hemi in a single cab 2wd runs like a 14.0 so that isn't too shabby for a standard issue pickup truck. Seeing as how your Altima runs 14.80s or so it isn't going to manhandle all trucks and it'll have its hands full with a garden variety 300C/Charger/Challenger, moreso in the current Hemi power than the older 345hp version.

I'm replacing my Legacy GT with a 300C SRT8 when I can. I like the platform that much.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I have a HEMI in my WRX, that's why I bought it...

...wait a sec, you guys don't have HEMIs???
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by 3.5VQ View Post
    Alright let me re-word this. Any Hemi without an SRT badge won't beat me stock for stock. I raced my friends Dodge Charger R/T stock for stock and beat them in the 1/4 mile twice. Regular version Cherokee will be even? No.
    Regular version Cherokee with the Hemi posts very similar numbers to your car. It's a driver's race. If traction is at all an issue, like on slick/wet/snowy pavement, the AWD Cherokee will beat you.
    Scott

Sorry i didnt knw you guys are soo anal about spelling? no wonder i hardly see ppls posting on here 8thcivic has a better community... o well anyways when i went to Subaru 2years ago they told me its a german made car....?

also my car was fully striped interior meaning i still have my reg two front seats tho i had full bolt ons No i didnt have a 3 inch exhaust i had a 2.80inch..... also i had flashpro u guys might not knw but it stora works like cobb... but better... for a honda... and it wasnt a 2010 400hp gt stock.. i was up against a 2002 model + wasnt sure.... but it was pretty quick but i got him from the launch but my car is completely stock only had mods on it for a good 4kmiles.... then i was bored cuz i mostly only DD around town and highway.... also earlier today i was talking to my Own mechanic and he said dont buy a Subaru? i said why not he said Toyota is now making some of them ad like i read above... he said toyta owns a lil bit of it? but ive heard Toyota has reliability ? but this guy knws alot! also one of his new costumer brought in a 2006 VW 2.0T sedan and had 50k miles on it never did an oil change the engine blew right when he got to his shop lol... bad ppls dont knw how to maintenance the car
    Last edited by jwongx27; 03-08-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast