Plymouth laser vs 06 wrx stg 2 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Plymouth laser vs 06 wrx stg 2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just a wrx, 5 speed. Invidia DP Catless, DiY catback, DIY IC water spray and a short ram intake with ...

Just a wrx, 5 speed. Invidia DP Catless, DiY catback, DIY IC water spray and a short ram intake with a cobb AP.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a driver's race. Whoever is wearing the largest wristwatch with the most faux diamonds will likely win, especially fromaroll.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I need to get a pic of this car, its so funny it looks like he is stuck in the 2 fast 2 furious time. Its so stuiped.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxSRH View Post
    I need to get a pic of this car, its so funny it looks like he is stuck in the 2 fast 2 furious time. Its so stuiped.
    searsiously

Yep, Hes way over did all the grapics and paint, cheaply done at that. Seems that he thinks stickers make it faster. Even stickers of parts he dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxSRH View Post
    Yep, Hes way over did all the grapics and paint, cheaply done at that. Seems that he thinks stickers make it faster. Even stickers of parts he dont have.
    If you have 4 stickers and an unpainted body kit your automatically running 10 second quater miles... add a nos sticker then your running in the low 8's.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Guess thats what he thinks. Man think what a garrett sticker could do.

A k&n sticker with the neon lighting setup would make it out run a lambo with a twin turbo setup...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Wow... I didn't think you could bore the 2.0 out that much... it must have some thick cylender walls...

As for reliability... he probally has something break everyother time he takes it out to the track...lol

most 4cyl engines can be bored out around .2L more. there is a engine builder for the srt neon that takes the 2.4 to a 2.8L
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Its a rebadged mitsubishi eclipse...
    The Mitsu Eclipse is American made. It originated as DSM, produced in Illinois. In fact, I believe it was only available in the North American market.
    Last edited by zax; 08-10-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know whether any exports were made to Europe prior to 1994, but the 2G DSM models were exported to Europe as the various Mitsu Eclipse cars. In fact the European Eclipse models got a different atmospherically aspirated motor than the North American models (the Chrysler motor was not used in Europe).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I don't know whether any exports were made to Europe prior to 1994, but the 2G DSM models were exported to Europe as the various Mitsu Eclipse cars. In fact the European Eclipse models got a different atmospherically aspirated motor than the North American models (the Chrysler motor was not used in Europe).
    Ah you may be correct SD, I stand corrected. I constrained my mind to thinking in only one dimension: The Eclipse never made it to the shores of the land of the rising sun. I had neglected to consider the European market. This was always quite laughable to me, since many have considered the 2G DSMs integral in the Japanese Import tuning scene. I find this humorous because the Eclipse is actually an import to the JDM! Not surprisingly, this is like making the argument that Ford UK produces USDM cars....

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The Mitsu Eclipse is American made. It originated as DSM, produced in Illinois. In fact, I believe it was only available in the
    North American market.
    Hmm... that's interesting... I thought iw was just america's version of the evo just a little bit more americanized...

What about the 3000 gt's and dodge stealths? Are those america only too or were they more of a global platform?

2004srt4-
    That's interesting that they can take that much out of them without running into a lot of problems... I wonder how far you could bore out a spec v 2.5?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

zax
    What about the 3000 gt's and dodge stealths? Are those america only too or were they more of a global platform?
    I have long been under the impression that the Dodge Stealth was a captive import, based on the 3000GT. Therefore, I would actually consider the Dodge Stealth to be an import, though it was likely assembled in the U.S.

This is unlike the Eclipse/Talon/Laser family which were designed and sold in tandem in 1989 as 1990 model year automobiles.

However, there is much I do not know, and that leaves room for others to fill in the items I have failed to mention.

Facebook me here

Nope, the Stealth was assembled in Japan and imported.

DSMs may have been sold in 89 but they were all technically 1990 models. No 1989 models exist.

You can tell a 1990 model vs. any other 1st gen by looking at the speedometer. If it's in 5's (5, 15, 25 mph, etc), it's a 90 -- all the rest are marked in even numbers.

European models of the 3kGT are out there and they have a slightly different front end styling than the USDM cars. Most notable is the headlight/blinker reflector area.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.