Swapped Rs vs 2010 4.6 mustang
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Swapped Rs vs 2010 4.6 mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well this is kind of a good one even though it ended bad. Last Friday I stayed a little late ...

Swapped Rs vs 2010 4.6 mustang

Well this is kind of a good one even though it ended bad.

Last Friday I stayed a little late to finish up a car. I get done and I see a guy that used to work with us so I stopped and said hi. He then showed me he picked up a leftover 10 mustang gt. Looked pretty good. So I busted his balls about not getting the far superior 5.0 but all in good fun. I said I had to run so we both left at the same time.

My work is on a highway and the speed limit is 55. We both caught a red light and he looked at me and says "cops always sit up over the crest." I just nodded my head and waited for the green not expecting anything. Light turns green and he takes off. I proceed to go from the light like normal and when I realized he romped it I did too but unfortunatly I was stuck in lagville. I finally hit boost and started to reel him in. Hit third (maybe 65 or so) and saw a cop so I hit the brakes and he kept on going.

At this point I was pretty positive the cop didn't see me and I wasn't overly speeding for that road to begin with. Since it's a highway it took the cop a while to get out. I see him pull into Uno's and I kept going since my turn was coming up. I looked back and in the far distance I saw the cop turn around with his lights on and knew he got busted.

Talked to his buddy the next day and the cop came up to him claiming he was trying to elude him and gave him a ticket for it. Good news is he never said anything about me or racing so he probably just thought he was flying by me. Bad for him good for me!

The thing that really sucks is he just got that car and the guys were busting his balls telling him he's gotta stop babying it and to "stretch" out those connecting rods." lol. The other thing that sucks is since I didn't realize he was gonna go for it he got a huge jump. I was easily about to pass him but didn't get a chance to so now all the guys as work are riding me pretty hard that a 13 second car smoked me. bahhh. I think I'll be going to the track this week or next week to shut them up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My buddy has a 2010 GT as well, he's made me his mark at the autocross track and at the drag strip. Have yet to take it to the strip yet to see how they both do, but I'm about a consistant second ahead of him at the autocross track.

I'm just a little ol' WRX sitting with a stage 1 retune, nothing fancy. I'd like to see how the new 5.0's do.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    My buddy has a 2010 GT as well, he's made me his mark at the autocross track and at the drag strip. Have yet to take it to the strip yet to see how they both do, but I'm about a consistant second ahead of him at the autocross track.

I'm just a little ol' WRX sitting with a stage 1 retune, nothing fancy. I'd like to see how the new 5.0's do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ls7n1L6Bas

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Crazy. Very impressive changes from Ford. A big kudos to them (takes a lot for me to say that).
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Kudos to for evolving the muscule car away from 40 year old OHV pushrod V8's... it took 40 years but they finally did it... now if only gm would pull their heads out of their asses and do the same thing then they might stay in bussiness...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Ford did their pushrod-ditching 14 years ago...
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Ford did their pushrod-ditching 14 years ago...
    Yeah true, but switching to dohc and 4 valves per cylender in their v8's...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Now that you mention it, it was even earlier. Ford debuted the 32 valve DOHC 4.6 liter in the 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII, so it's been out for 17 years -- and it's all aluminum too. Sure it wasn't their only v8 but they claimed the DOHC was too expensive to use for all applications. I guess it just took this long for the technology to become mainstream.

Hyundai's new 5.0 is slated to be 429 hp so Ford isn't the only one making power through technology. If they figure out how to fit the v8 into the Genesis coupe when it's redesigned, things could get interesting.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Well just to update I went to the tack a few weekends ago. Best time was a 12.7 @107 mph with a 1.8 60'. Ran it 6 times and found the spot not to bog on my second to last run which was off my launch limiter full throttle. I know it can do at least a 12.5 on a cooler day now that I can launch it better.

Unfortunately (which isn't a bad thing) I should have my other trans sold and I will be buying an FP hta68. All at once I will be swapping in the 09 sti engine I have with all my goodies at the same time. Since the trans is sold this will happen a lot faster now so I don't think I will have time to get this set up with a tired turbo back to the track.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.