2002 WRX (mine) VS. 2000 Camaro Z28
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2002 WRX (mine) VS. 2000 Camaro Z28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night Iws cruising around town before a movie and I noticed a Camaro next to me. He started pulling ...

2002 WRX (mine) VS. 2000 Camaro Z28

Last night Iws cruising around town before a movie and I noticed a Camaro next to me. He started pulling back and forth, (automatic tranny), and eventually we had some room so we played around for a while. Once on the outskirts of town we used stoplights and the honk three times to do some official races. I think he had an auto because it looked like he was powerbraking. He would always get the jump, and be one to two car lenghts ahead until third gear, where he pulled away farther. Could he always get the jump because it is an automatic, or can i just not launch? It was a 2000 model, and I am stage 2 with cobb accessport. He said it was stock, but it would just roar

--WE WERE NOT WEAVING IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC OR CUTTING PEOPLE OFF. NO ONE WAS IN SIGHT--

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a Z28 Camaro... Can't expect miracles in a straight line. They are muscle cars. Your stage 2 is not a muscle car.

I'd say your launch could be better, but it is probably best left crappy anyhow for sake of your cars wellness.

EDIT: Also, if you had an automatic limited WRX, you'd be able to smoke anything, especially after it was the fastest in the world. Even an STi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I didnt know they were that fast, but I agree and thank you for your reminder of my car's wellness. Launching scares me and i RARELY RARELY RARELY RARELY do it just for that reason. I was just puzzled. Even now I regret it because i took WAY too long to let the clutch out. P.S. when you say limited what do you mean

You might be able to take him off the line if you get your launch perfect, but your not going to be able to out run him... he has a ls1 350 under his hood... putting out 305hp and about 350lbs of torque... they say that they are underated from the factory too... you'd have to do at least a turbo swap to run with him in mir stock form...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    EDIT: Also, if you had an automatic limited WRX, you'd be able to smoke anything, especially after it was the fastest in the world. Even an STi.
    that thread is now infecting other threads...i love it!!!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Yeah, but is it true that you can't do burnouts and drift it?

Quote Originally Posted by mattej205 View Post
    Yeah, but is it true that you can't do burnouts and drift it?
    Rofl. I just read that thread. This is becoming a meme.

"If you can't drift and do burnouts then what is an STI for?"

It's a Z28 Camaro... Can't expect miracles in a straight line. They are muscle cars. Your stage 2 is not a muscle car.

I'd say your launch could be better, but it is probably best left crappy anyhow for sake of your cars wellness.

Camaro's are fast man, don't mess with em on a straight stretch. I had my first beatdown handed to me by an 02 T/A ws6 with bolt ons while I was still just stock with a CBE... holy shjt was that a mistake He let me get the jump and proceeded to quickly catch and pass me. Id love to see him now though, would prolly be ALOT closer if not a win for the wrx. From a dead stop with at least a 16g and a perfect 4.5k rpm launch youll stomp em. Thats if hes stock, a cammed one will still lay the smack down on you. Our cars aren't made for dragging, only the mighty 07 wrx limited 4eat was built for that. Lets see if he could keep up with you around a few orange cones though, I dont think so.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Camaro's are fast man, don't mess with em on a straight stretch. I had my first beatdown handed to me by an 02 T/A ws6 with bolt ons while I was still just stock with a CBE... holy shjt was that a mistake He let me get the jump and proceeded to quickly catch and pass me. Id love to see him now though, would prolly be ALOT closer if not a win for the wrx. From a dead stop with at least a 16g and a perfect 4.5k rpm launch youll stomp em. Thats if hes stock, a cammed one will still lay the smack down on you. Our cars aren't made for dragging, only the mighty 07 wrx limited 4eat was built for that. Lets see if he could keep up with you around a few orange cones though, I dont think so.
    I had a 94 z28 and I used to eat pretty much any japanese cars for breakfast... that 350 is straight up evil especially after some bolt on's...

I saw that same 07 limited beat a ligenfelter twin turbo dodge viper and afterwards him and his "boys" capped his ass and screamed north philly beeeach...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    I had a 94 z28 and I used to eat pretty much any japanese cars for breakfast... that 350 is straight up evil especially after some bolt on's...

I saw that same 07 limited beat a ligenfelter twin turbo dodge viper and afterwards him and his "boys" capped his ass and screamed north philly beeeach...
    My dad had a 98 camaro ss for like 5 months(average for him) with a cam and everybolt on thinkable with a tuner and it was scary fast from 40-100 and it just KEPT on going after 100. Very fast for what they are, a 5.7L beast He just sold the 69 chevelle ss I posted a link to and now he's looking for a procharged or turbo'd ls1 to play with, or a 10'CTS-V Caddy.

I dont think anyone will soon forget FastASsWrX or his brilliant posts, but it was super fun when he was able to reply lol. I would post as much as I could to add a little fuel to his fire/rant. Sadly hes gone though
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    My dad had a 98 camaro ss for like 5 months(average for him) with a cam and everybolt on thinkable with a tuner and it was scary fast from 40-100 and it just KEPT on going after 100. Very fast for what they are, a 5.7L beast He just sold the 69 chevelle ss I posted a link to and now he's looking for a procharged or turbo'd ls1 to play with, or a 10'CTS-V Caddy.

I dont think anyone will soon forget FastASsWrX or his brilliant posts, but it was super fun when he was able to reply lol. I would post as much as I could to add a little fuel to his fire/rant. Sadly hes gone though
    Yeah my old z28 ran a 13.2 @ 104 with a ****ty launch at about 4500ft elevation at rmr... it was a monster... a cts-v would be awesome, but id rather have a zo6 vette instead...

Fastasswrx was like a pinata filled with stupid things to say... the more you whack him the more he dumbfounded everyone... classic entertainment... they should unban him and give him his own adult thread sticky so we can all flame him to a crisp... it was funny when he first started everyone was giving him so much **** that he said "you guys broke my spirit and I'm going to leave the forum"...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

F-body's can be very quick. They are a great platform to make a lot of power with just a few $$$ (relatively speaking).

I must of missed the Fastasswrx posts... I'll have to check them out
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    F-body's can be very quick. They are a great platform to make a lot of power with just a few $$$ (relatively speaking).

I must of missed the Fastasswrx posts... I'll have to check them out
    Yes they are... they are rockets straight out of the production line add some bolt ons and suspention upgrades and you pretty much have a 4 seater vette...

Search for his username and read through his posts and threads... its a really good way to get a good laugh... it will even brighten your day if your feeling down too...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

V8 this and V8 that... Just like a Subaru, they're not fast till there's money put into them. If they're fast & stock it's because they were expensive to begin with. If they're modded & fast, somebody put the money into it.

Ya gotta pay to play, and that rule isn't confined to any single type of vehicle. The beauty of this is it gives us the choice of which vehicle we want to go fast in. Obviously something like an 02 WRX will need more mods than an 09 WRX would to be equally quick, but they guy with the 09 spent more to start there. Same goes in the v8 world -- 13.9 @ 102 isn't any quicker than a modern import runs from the factory. There are v8 people happy with an intake and a handheld programmer, and there heads/cam/blower cars on the other end of the spectrum.

This type of thread always turns into a "Yeah, but bolt on so-and-so and then..." type of tennis match. That's the whole point - it all depends on what each car has as to who's quicker. Nobody wins by default.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by FaSTAssWRX
    My 2007 limited auto wilz beat n Z28 cuz im rich frm a cash settlment.
    I asked him what he thought about Z28's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast