My 05 WRX vs. list around here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 05 WRX vs. list around here within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just picked up an 05 modded wrx. I always see people boosting around here in cars blowing by me ...

My 05 WRX vs. list around here

I just picked up an 05 modded wrx. I always see people boosting around here in cars blowing by me in what I got now. I pick up the wrx friday, and was wondering what it would do against a few cars i list. My wrx has the following:
    05 wrx
    upgraded - turbo, clutch, intercooler, oil pump cooler (no idea what its called), suspension, brake system, 17 alloys and low profile all seasons, lowered 2.5 in, digital turbo boost control, full system exhaust, cold air, and headers. Its got other stuff but i dont think they go towards performance.

Comp list: si, tt, a4, mustangs, 300zx twin turbo, idk and any others you can think of. I know it will vary, but i just want to see how i will stack up against certain cars. Feel free to elaborate, again i am new and i am extremely curious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those cars will be a joke compared to your new ride. What were you in before?
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

Have you already paid for this car? Signed a contract? If not, I'd try to bring the car into a reputable shop (especially one that specializes in Subaru) and have the car checked out.

Is this your daily driver? Pics? Clean title?

nfm
    Quote Originally Posted by elitex109 View Post
    My wrx has the following:
    05 wrx
    upgraded - turbo, clutch, intercooler, oil pump cooler (no idea what its called), suspension, brake system, 17 alloys and low profile all seasons, lowered 2.5 in, digital turbo boost control, full system exhaust, cold air, and headers. Its got other stuff but i dont think they go towards performance.
    Lowered 2.5'? Have fun with that. What turbo? Headers? That most likely yielded in slower spool and no increase in power. I would go back to OEM clutch before it blows up your transmission. Does it have a tune? CAI needs MAF to be rescaled, otherwise you'll be running lean, knocking, and looking at a blown motor. Your car might be running worse than a stock car.
    2005 WRX
    - TD04 19psi, GM EBCS, TGV Delete / Perrin Crank Pulley
    - APS 65mm CAI
    - Catless Invidia UP/Helix DP, A'PEXi N1 Catback
    - Kartboy Shifter Bushing/Perrin Rear Diff\Outrigger Bushings
    - Group N Engine/Pitch Stopper/Trans Mounts
    - 2005 STI Springs

nfm
    also "digital turbo boost control"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Those cars will be a joke compared to your new ride. What were you in before?
    More like his car will be and is a joke compared to others listed.
    2005 WRX
    - APS 65mm CAI
    - 2005 STI Springs

yeah its clean one owner 48k miles. comes with all stock parts. the guy lost it in a divorce so i pick it upp friday. Im upgrading from a 2002 mitsubishi diamante. it was checked out by my mechanic that knows high performance cars he went through it in and out. He said not one thing is wrong with it and whoever had the car before me didnt mess around and used all top of the line equipment.

You need to find out who or what has done the tuning on this car. Get every bit of information that you can. Like it was mentioned in an earlier post, the CAI can cause problems. So can the boost controller. Where are you from? Is there a Subaru specific tuner in your area?

Im from rhode island. where would i find one of these places and how much would it cost for tests and such.

New England Dealer / Shops / Tuners list.

Find out what kind of tuning from the previous owner. Cobb accessport, open source (get the cable from him), piggyback, etc. I find it unlikely that this car ran with the mods you listed without a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by nfm View Post
    also "digital turbo boost control"?
    More like his car will be and is a joke compared to others listed.
    Learn something before commenting please, thanks. In stock form, a WRX with those mods will absolutely RUN over those in stock form. Also dogging on a car for have a boost controller when your running 18psi on a td04...... LMAO. That turbo will be done for soon. Also headers help spool and top end, and the gt specs/tomei UELs add hp and tq through the entire power band.

Just get the car inspected and do a compression/leak down test on it and if all checks out it sounds like your mind is made. Welcome
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Learn something before commenting please, thanks. In stock form, a WRX with those mods will absolutely RUN over those in stock form.
    perhaps what he was getting at is if this car doesnt have a tune & it's running an upgraded turbo & everything.. the car will probably run like crap.

also- what i bolded contradicts itself

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

nfm
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Also dogging on a car for have a boost controller when your running 18psi on a td04...... LMAO
    Turning up boost via mbc vs tuning a map is different story, also td04 is capable of running up to 21psi in 3-5k rpm range, study the efficiency graphs of td04, and listen what uncle scotty has to say about it on nasioc.
    2005 WRX
    - APS 65mm CAI
    - 2005 STI Springs

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    perhaps what he was getting at is if this car doesnt have a tune & it's running an upgraded turbo & everything.. the car will probably run like crap.

also- what i bolded contradicts itself
    If thats the case I understand, it sounded like he was saying having a boost controller on an aftermarket turbo is stupid... which is completely wrong. I doubt the car would even run with all that and a stock tune though...
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by nfm View Post
    Turning up boost via mbc vs tuning a map is different story, also td04 is capable of running up to 21psi in 3-5k rpm range, study the efficiency graphs of td04, and listen what uncle scotty has to say about it on nasioc.
    Im capable of running a 200 wet shot of spray and a gt35r on stock internals..... for 1 1/8 mile pass. That doesnt mean its smart or not destroying the car. Im capable of taking a 90 degree turn at 170mph, is it smart? No. 18psi is only 1 psi over what Id recommend but 21 is asking for it. Not even including how many miles said turbo has. I dont want to argue with anyone, so im sorry for jumpin on you like I did, it was un called for.
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Take your car to the drag strip and see what times/traps you run. The stock values for all vehicles listed can be found online to compare to.

Take your car to an Auto-X course and see what times you run. There should be a bunch of different cars there you can compare against.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.