04 WRX vs. 01 Boxster - who gonna win? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs. 01 Boxster - who gonna win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2.0Rs Not an older boxter. They look so plain and blah. And no Porsche has gotten past ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    Not an older boxter. They look so plain and blah. And no Porsche has gotten past me yet.
    Because a stock one raced you probably, a stock 911 will WASTE your subby. No comparison anywhere on the playing feild. Thats not an 01 boxster but you gotta think, the boxster wasnt made to be a drag car. Subbys are fast but a joke to a 911. I have no idea how much you would need to invest to even keep up with one... on a straight line. Id like to drive a boxster just to feel how different it is from my subby.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Because a stock one raced you probably, a stock 911 will WASTE your subby. No comparison anywhere on the playing feild. Thats not an 01 boxster but you gotta think, the boxster wasnt made to be a drag car. Subbys are fast but a joke to a 911. I have no idea how much you would need to invest to even keep up with one... on a straight line. Id like to drive a boxster just to feel how different it is from my subby.
    Haven't come across one to find out. Only have come across carrerra's regular and 4s, caymen regular and s, and some with work done. It's fun having a dealer right up the street. Give me a dom 3 upgrade and I'd say I'd surprise that 911. lol On the other hand though I don't know why as soon as someone talks about beating Porsche's there's always someone that goes "you won't beat a 911" lol

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Boxsters of any vintage seem to me to be fine, well-balanced sports cars. Different demographic; I have to suspect that the average Boxster enthusiast is a bit less hung up on proving dominance on the street, and more into the subjective driving experience. I'd love to own one.. Early models are dirt cheap at this point.
    I've been lucky enough to have driven more than a few varieties of porsche.. and personally, I've NEVER driven another car that felt the same.. not even close.

even the old ratty n/a 944 my buddy had with 138K mi on it.. felt and drove like a finely tuned drivers machine... even with age and wear against it.

I'd still love to have one.. one day maybe. I have a huge soft spot for late 80s 944 turbo's I doubt I'll ever be able to snag any variety of 911. They're just too expensive. Dream porsche for me would be a 356C speedster. In black

if anyone thinks that porsche got away from its roots with the boxter.. they really need to have a look back into Porsche's history.

I love my wrx, but its no comparison to the Porsche mark.. any flavor.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    The 944, from memory, has among the best steering I've ever experienced.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    The 944 has always had a reputation for fine steering feel.

The two 911's I've driven featured handling and driver involvement that was on a different plane from any sedan I've been in. My current WRX is now quicker than either of them in a straight line, but it doesn't change the fact that those 911's were excellent in a whole different way.

Don't have firsthand experience with Boxsters.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you would like the Boxster. It is a huge step forward from the 914 even though it is also huge physically compared to the 914. Even at higher speeds it's not as demanding as the 914, it shifts better, it isolates from the elements better, and it even makes the put-put-put motor noises better.

It's IMO a better car than the Miata (but not twice as good, so it remains expen$ive new and co$tly to maintain at any age -- that's why I'm all for leasing or borrowing rather than owning). It's also a better car than the MR2.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've not driven a better car (in terms of general "feel") than the Porsche 944 Turbo, which is coincidently the only Porsche I've ever driven. However, when it comes down to true "driver's cars," I would say that the '75 Lotus Elan (in which I have ridden but never driven) feels to be a far sportier car than anything I have ever driven, despite being much slower in a straight line than most cars on the road.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Ive drove my dads new (has 2k miles) z51 vette and it was truely amazing. First how much faster it was than my car and how smooth/solid it felt.. made my wrx feel like a jetski or something. Also my stepmoms 05 jaguar xkr is quite an amazing car, I dont think ill get to drice it though lol.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It is amusing to me that some people consider "gay" a pejorative still

With out regard to any stigma, cars that you all would consider "gay" or "chick" are probably going to get a lot less bad attention and a lot more good attention than the boy racer looking stuff we drive around in.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    probably going to get a lot less bad attention and a lot more good attention than the boy racer looking stuff we drive around in.
    hahahaha spot on
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    It is amusing to me that some people consider "gay" a pejorative still
    Yeah, I started to mention this and figured out all by myself that it would fall on deaf ears. It takes courage and initiative to widen your view of the world and get past things like this, and sometimes that can take a while. I still say 12 goofy things before breakfast every day.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123