first time at the strip

This is a discussion on first time at the strip within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; took the 04 sti to the track last night for the first time. it's still stock. crappy track made even ...

first time at the strip

took the 04 sti to the track last night for the first time. it's still stock. crappy track made even awd cars have trouble. third pass was the last and best. it went 13.3@102 with a spinning 1.82 60ft
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You've got your baseline -- now go for Stage 2. You're only a downpipe and tune away.

You aren't risking the longevity of any component at that point. Get a Tactrix cable and tune it yourself with RomRaider -- the STi is popular enough to have plenty of base maps available to have you running strong in 15 minutes.

You don't risk going off the deep end till you start thinking of a new turbo. Next thing you know you'll be in an AWD version of your last car.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    You've got your baseline -- now go for Stage 2. You're only a downpipe and tune away.

You aren't risking the longevity of any component at that point. Get a Tactrix cable and tune it yourself with RomRaider -- the STi is popular enough to have plenty of base maps available to have you running strong in 15 minutes.

You don't risk going off the deep end till you start thinking of a new turbo. Next thing you know you'll be in an AWD version of your last car.
    whats wrong with that?
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    with his last car....I'm sure he's going for more than stage 2. Maybe 11-10sec car.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

We know he'll get there eventually. I just seem to remember an earlier post where he was keeping the STi stockish for now.

I enjoy my HTA Green and it's still only the middle ground for Subie power. You should see the 590 whp Legacy wagon -- now that's a sleeper.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

one race car was enough of a pain on my wallet and my self. i'm really enjoying a nice reliable fun car. i do miss the speed though. but take it around a corner and i'm all smiles.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD