07 WRX Stg2 -Vs- 09 WRX Stg2 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 07 WRX Stg2 -Vs- 09 WRX Stg2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I haven't had my car "professionally tuned" - but I have been using the COBB accesstuner Race software to do ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I haven't had my car "professionally tuned" - but I have been using the COBB accesstuner Race software to do the tuning myself.

The COBB vf39 map was fine - but after a week of dialing it in, my car is running much faster than the OTS map.

I highly recommend if someone doesn't want to pay for a pro-tune, at least get the software (and do A LOT of reading) and try tuning yourself.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by INTA:LECT View Post
    Final drive on the RA's is same as stock 3.9.

the charts shows a lower 1st gear and higher 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th gears.
    Hmm...in that case there really won't be that great of a difference. The only thing I see happening is a driver who isn't that great and not really getting very high in mph therefore you taking advantage of your faster spool. Your car should be running mid to low 13's which is what the 09's are capable of stock. Him being a stage 2 makes zero sence.

This thread died quickly.

I found a dyno sheet on another thread for a stock 09 wrx (dynojet, 3 pulls, 3rd gear). From what the post said this is 100% stock 09.

^^^ You know this means absolutely nothing since what is trying to be compared is not ran on the same dyno right?

Take a look at this site for some stock and COBB Map comparisons for different year/models.

http://plano.cobbtuning.com/dyno/index.php
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hieu1004 View Post
    Take a look at this site for some stock and COBB Map comparisons for different year/models.

http://plano.cobbtuning.com/dyno/index.php
    That's a dyno database. Unfortunately, like 2.0RS mentioned, different dynos read differently. A mustang dyno tends to read 5-10 whp lower than a dynojet. Also, there is no mention of the elevation and temperature those runs were recorded, nor if they used a fan on the intercooler. Dyno databases are just the next evolution of magazine racing. Send the two cars to the strip, and accumulate real-world results.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    That's a dyno database. Unfortunately, like 2.0RS mentioned, different dynos read differently. A mustang dyno tends to read 5-10 whp lower than a dynojet. Also, there is no mention of the elevation and temperature those runs were recorded, nor if they used a fan on the intercooler. Dyno databases are just the next evolution of magazine racing. Send the two cars to the strip, and accumulate real-world results.
    Is it? I was under the impression those were all done on the same COBB dyno (COBB Plano Tuning dyno in TX). At least that's what they make it seem to be on the COBB forums. I could be wrong though....

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/for...-Tuning-Plano&
    Last edited by hieu1004; 07-05-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hieu1004 View Post
    Is it? I was under the impression those were all done on the same COBB dyno.
    Huh, yeah you're right. You can select the shop from the upper left screen. It used to be that they had a few more shops in the DB, but it seems that you can only select Plano or Sugeline now.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Huh, yeah you're right. You can select the shop from the upper left screen. It used to be that they had a few more shops in the DB, but it seems that you can only select Plano or Sugeline now.
    Yeah, since it is from the same dyno, people can get a good idea of what their baseline should be at that specific dyno. But you are right that there are many factors that can affect the power output (humidity, temperature, etc.). But at least you can get a feel for how much gain you can get from an OTS map over baseline stock, etc.
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

But either way an 06/07 stage 2 wrx is just as fast if not a tiny bit faster then a stock 09. A stage 2 09 from what I've seen is capable of mid to high 12's depending on elevation and driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    But either way an 06/07 stage 2 wrx is just as fast if not a tiny bit faster then a stock 09. A stage 2 09 from what I've seen is capable of mid to high 12's depending on elevation and driver.
    stock they are capable of a very high 12 with a good driver. Its been done over on nasioc.

My car should be capable of a very low 12 or even high 11. But i dont drag race so its kinkd of pointless to me.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidr1 View Post
    stock they are capable of a very high 12 with a good driver. Its been done over on nasioc.

My car should be capable of a very low 12 or even high 11. But i dont drag race so its kinkd of pointless to me.
    Sorry man but I don't think you're a low 12. If that were the case my Rs would be a high 11 second car and I don't see that happening. We're putting down the same kind of hp only I have a huge weight advantage on you. Once the sti block goes in I may crack into the 11's but that would have to be a perfect run.

It was done by ONE (1, uno, ichi,) person on Nasioc... that doesn't mean they all run those times, it means he got a factory freak.

My car should be capable of a very low 12 or even high 11.
    LMFAO... Not with 289whp you won't, maybe 350-400whp.
    2007 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX TR
    3" Catless TBE, Protune, Tein Springs, TurboXs MBC, Apexi Turbo Timer.
    HawkEye Alliance #187
    Vote for my group UNTAM3D's new single "Gotta Go" to get rotation on 96.1 FM Radio!
    VOTE FOR US NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by INTA:LECT View Post
    It was done by ONE (1, uno, ichi,) person on Nasioc... that doesn't mean they all run those times, it means he got a factory freak.

LMFAO... Not with 289whp you won't, maybe 350-400whp.
    i've met the guy and seen the car that goes with that 12 sec stock 09 wrx slip. i still don't believe it. he has a slip he showed me with a 106 trap speed. car is a least flashed.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.