Bugeye vs. 350Z... from a dig :) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bugeye vs. 350Z... from a dig :) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Z/WRX I'm fully aware of the advantage of AWD in a launch. I've been in the car ...

Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
    I'm fully aware of the advantage of AWD in a launch. I've been in the car world a long time and had expirence with various different types of cars. While the WRX will be faster off the line by 3rd gear the 350z should be passing the WRX easily. The 1/4mile times speak for themselves and judging by the OP he stated he was near tripple digits when he let off. That should be it was nearly a full 1/4 mile race that was run.
    Like I said in my first post, the zed truly gained when I was at the top of third. Then it was game over.

I'm not trying to say anything other than it was great knowing my little $8,000 scubi rolled a later-year 350z through the first couple gears, even if it was from a dig . I mean, both of those cars have their perks which really came out during the race.
    Northern Lights Customs

'Helpin' the hood, one can of spraypaint at a time

Bugeye mafia #321!
    XPT Stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tenament View Post
    Like I said in my first post, the zed truly gained when I was at the top of third. Then it was game over.

I'm not trying to say anything other than it was great knowing my little $8,000 scubi rolled a later-year 350z through the first couple gears, even if it was from a dig . I mean, both of those cars have their perks which really came out during the race.
    Preach bro! What do you think would have happened if you had your WRX modded to over 300 hp like the z was? You should be proud!

Ohh that P.O.S woulda gone down so hard

The thing is, the kid driving this thing kept trying to roll-on race me like he knew what would happen if we landed at a light. I couldn't stand his constant clutch drops and re-approaches... that stuff's so ricey to me. I had to pace his ass haha.

I had my fun days on a beautiful yamaha R6 (well, it was a total beater TBH and I loved every minute of it), so I really enjoy the fact that my new daily driver still has enough power to run with the big boys.

can't wait for a protune.

QUESTION for those who are In-the-know:

If I had a quality protune on my stock bugeye, would I have kept up with the 350z past fourth? I know they are 6speeds, and come in with mad power and top-end, but I'm truly wondering what would happen between a near-stock 350z vs. a stage II bugeye
    Northern Lights Customs

Bugeye mafia #321!
    XPT Stage II

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Beasley View Post
    My 2010 WRX will kick the ass of any stock 350z and get real close to a 370 (same 0-60, .2 seconds behind on the quarter mile). I think with the benefits that come with an AWD Subie I'd take it over a 370 anytime. Actually, that's exactly what I did when I bought my Subie!
    Hmm, I thought we were talking about an 02 WRX. Clearly the 2010 WRX is a much faster car than the 02 WRX and therefore would do much better against a Z. But I guess you had to make yourself sound like a badass because you have a 2010 WRX. Props to you

Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
    Hmm, I thought we were talking about an 02 WRX. Clearly the 2010 WRX is a much faster car than the 02 WRX and therefore would do much better against a Z. But I guess you had to make yourself sound like a badass because you have a 2010 WRX. Props to you
    No, I just don't mind talking trash to people like yourself who get on and insult other members and their accomplishments. Our friend clearly said he beat a 350z outa launch and even described the z leaving him in 3rd and you still got on and acted like he didn't know what he was talking about. Anyone who knows the 2 cars would have no problem with an 02 beating a 350z in 1st and 2nd.

Also, if you have a problem with people bragging on their cars why in the world did you join a site dedicated to people doing that very thing??

Ohh that P.O.S woulda gone down so hard

The thing is, the kid driving this thing kept trying to roll-on race me like he knew what would happen if we landed at a light. I couldn't stand his constant clutch drops and re-approaches... that stuff's so ricey to me. I had to pace his ass haha.

I had my fun days on a beautiful yamaha R6 (well, it was a total beater TBH and I loved every minute of it), so I really enjoy the fact that my new daily driver still has enough power to run with the big boys.

can't wait for a protune.

QUESTION for those who are In-the-know:

If I had a quality protune on my stock bugeye, would I have kept up with the 350z past fourth? I know they are 6speeds, and come in with mad power and top-end, but I'm truly wondering what would happen between a near-stock 350z vs. a stage II bugeye
    imo you shouldnt have a problem
    ime you should beat him pretty good depending on your driving ability ( how smooth you shift/ launch etc..) my buddy has a bug eye stage 2 os tuned not pro tuned he pulls on our friends z by a car length depending how good the launch is
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Colin McRae
    "If in doubt, flat out." - Colin McRae
    Hawk-eye Alliance #999 06 0bp STi stage 2

"one of those newfangled 4 door 4WD rally car things from Japan that can launch a car from a dead stop like it was shot from a cannon" - unknown

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Patryk View Post
    imo you shouldnt have a problem
    ime you should beat him pretty good depending on your driving ability ( how smooth you shift/ launch etc..) my buddy has a bug eye stage 2 os tuned not pro tuned he pulls on our friends z by a car length depending how good the launch is
    I'm really not so sure about that. A stocker 350z will still post a faster quarter trap than a stage II bugeye, though the times will be similar:
    stage II 2002-2003 WRX - 13.5 @ 100-101 MPH
    Stock 2007-2009 350z - 13.5 @ 103 MPH

So from the numbers the WRX should have a leg up on the zed, before the zed starts gaining ground at about the 95-100 MPH range.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I'm really not so sure about that. A stocker 350z will still post a faster quarter trap than a stage II bugeye, though the times will be similar:
    stage II 2002-2003 WRX - 13.5 @ 100-101 MPH
    Stock 2007-2009 350z - 13.5 @ 103 MPH

So from the numbers the WRX should have a leg up on the zed, before the zed starts gaining ground at about the 95-100 MPH range.
    yes your correct times tell it all, but to get those times alot depends on driver ability
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Colin McRae
    "If in doubt, flat out." - Colin McRae
    Hawk-eye Alliance #999 06 0bp STi stage 2

"one of those newfangled 4 door 4WD rally car things from Japan that can launch a car from a dead stop like it was shot from a cannon" - unknown

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not going to point out individuals but I don't think this thread is going very well. Keep it polite please.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Patryk View Post
    yes your correct times tell it all, but to get those times alot depends on driver ability
    very much so
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

What do you have?

stock MY2002 with gutted UP

'05 R6 with REGINA/DRIVEN 520 kit, BT-0016's, and DDMtuning hids. Thing is a screaamer .
    Northern Lights Customs

Bugeye mafia #321!
    XPT Stage II

I guess the 'big dogs' varies from region to region. I'm pushing 500whp and I really don't consider my pile to be able to run with the big dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I guess the 'big dogs' varies from region to region. I'm pushing 500whp and I really don't consider my pile to be able to run with the big dogs.
    what do you have that's pushing 500whp?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Corvette, and prior to that a mid-sized snail powered evo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.