Stg.1 05wrx vs. Lightly modified SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stg.1 05wrx vs. Lightly modified SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So many times, I have written on here before how my friend 05 SRT-4 always has the edge over my ...

Thumbs up Stg.1 05wrx vs. Lightly modified SRT-4

So many times, I have written on here before how my friend 05 SRT-4 always has the edge over my wrx. My friend and I being close friends always tell each other what kind of parts were getting for our cars. However, a few days ago I bought a used AP ver.1 and threw on the stage 1, 93 Oct. map without letting him know.

Coming back from a get together with a few car guys I said lets do a 20 roll. He three honks it and instead of him pulling slowly were dead even. So, he says wtf lets go again I wasnít ready, you honk. Therefore, I do the three honks and when we go, I start slowly inching away from him. All races were done to around 85 mph before we shut down. After the last race, he is so mad he thinks he has a boost leak somewhere.

Being the good friend I am I told him I bought the AP so he wouldnít spend all day looking for a leak somewhere. I can definitely say I really didnít feel the power the ap gave me but I seen the difference it made. By the way has anyone ran there Cobb maps with a cai? I have an APS 65mm that I would like to put on, Iím just worried my car wont run as well.

05 WRX Mods- Invidia cb, Ap stage 1 93 Oct., and intake silencer delete

05 SRT-4 Mods- Borla cb, AEM cai intake, Godspeed fmic, short throw shifter, motor mounts, Mopar bov
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    So many times, I have written on here before how my friend 05 SRT-4 always has the edge over my wrx. My friend and I being close friends always tell each other what kind of parts were getting for our cars. However, a few days ago I bought a used AP ver.1 and threw on the stage 1, 93 Oct. map without letting him know.

Coming back from a get together with a few car guys I said lets do a 20 roll. He three honks it and instead of him pulling slowly were dead even. So, he says wtf lets go again I wasnít ready, you honk. Therefore, I do the three honks and when we go, I start slowly inching away from him. All races were done to around 85 mph before we shut down. After the last race, he is so mad he thinks he has a boost leak somewhere.

Being the good friend I am I told him I bought the AP so he wouldnít spend all day looking for a leak somewhere. I can definitely say I really didnít feel the power the ap gave me but I seen the difference it made. By the way has anyone ran there Cobb maps with a cai? I have an APS 65mm that I would like to put on, Iím just worried my car wont run as well.

05 WRX Mods- Invidia cb, Ap stage 1 93 Oct., and intake silencer delete

05 SRT-4 Mods- Borla cb, AEM cai intake, Godspeed fmic, short throw shifter, motor mounts, Mopar bov

good job! lol. i've had days just like that. tell him to get an adjustable wga and a tuner. he'll never worry about your car again! with his mods good for 50whp.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    good job! lol. i've had days just like that. tell him to get an adjustable wga and a tuner. he'll never worry about your car again! with his mods good for 50whp.
    Damn....that sounds like a real nice gain. Turbo 4cyl (especially the srt4) never cease to amaze me with how far certain parts and a tune go.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Ive only raced a stock srt4 and my friends that makes 425whp so i cant say ive tried a lightly modded one. I stood no chance with my 05 stage 2 sti from 55-120+. They respond awesome to little mods though, so id be careful after he goes ewg and gets a boost controller, then a tune. Itll take more than a stage 2 to keep up on the highway, just race from a dig lol.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I can't believe the SRT has all that crap and hasn't messed with the boost yet! He already had a FMIC from the factory; add an exhaust & boost and he'd be flying before the rest of the mods.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I guess he was trying to get it set up before the tune. Heís ordering the Diablo tuner and the down pipe next with just an upgraded waste gate, no external in his plans. I hate to say at heart heís more of a ricer with getting the fmic and the bov for sound and looks. I told him his stock fmic would work fine for around 300whp. I just give him my opinion and help him put the parts on lol thatís all I can do.

Iím going stage two this weekend, Iím worried to see how he will compare with all his parts on.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

with a dsp alone, your srt buddy will be making a lot more power...if he loads the 93perf. tune his boost will spike anywhere from 16-20 and fall to around 13-14psi by redline. Any idea what wga he? Also, the stock ic heatsoaks very quickly, after like 1 pull/wot run lol. The godspeed ic is about twice as big as the stock ic

Quote Originally Posted by foxbox13 View Post
    with a dsp alone, your srt buddy will be making a lot more power...if he loads the 93perf. tune his boost will spike anywhere from 16-20 and fall to around 13-14psi by redline. Any idea what wga he? Also, the stock ic heatsoaks very quickly, after like 1 pull/wot run lol. The godspeed ic is about twice as big as the stock ic
    I think he wants to get an AGP wga to replace the stock one
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111

if he's getting a dsp, then he should stick with the stock wga or pick up an fm wga (forward motion)...the spring is too stiff in the agp wga, and he'll get a lot of partial throttle over boost.
    Last edited by foxbox13; 05-20-2010 at 10:12 AM.

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Stop streetracing.

Take it to the track...... if you throw some curves into the mix, that STR-4 doesn't stand a chance against you. Those things are PIGS around curves... even with much more hp..... pathetic
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Stop streetracing.

Take it to the track...... if you throw some curves into the mix, that STR-4 doesn't stand a chance against you. Those things are PIGS around curves... even with much more hp..... pathetic
    Amen to this. American car companies are just thinking about going fast in a straight line. Your Subaru has a symmetrical AWD system. It is one of the best on the market. He might be slightly faster on a straight line but you would eat him up on the track, or in the rain, or in the snow, or off-road.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

yah cuz onlie subarnurs can turn! It's a freakin rally car bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    yah cuz onlie subarnurs can turn! It's a freakin rally car bro.

agreed
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Stop streetracing.

I agree with stopping the street racing but disagree with the handing comment.

We have aftermarket companies for a reason! When I had my SRT, I put on 36 way adjustable coilovers on it and some ARB's and she handled like she was on rails. Out of the box, sure the AWD is always going to be superior to FWD.

In the end, they are both great cars with each having its own advantage out of the box.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.